Is this memorabilia?

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Is this memorabilia?

Postby Siva1972 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:16 am

About 30 years ago I bought a Queen 7" single on Carnaby Street, (can't even remember which one) and inside the sleeve were some handwritten lyrics for 6 songs from Queen 1 (Keep Yourself Alive, Great King Rat, My Fairy King, Liar, Son and Daughter, Jesus). They are written in the form of a letter but there is no addressee, but it is signed off "Stay sweet, Sylvie"
Can anyone shed any light on who might have written this, to whom, and whether it has any value?
I've been meaning to post this for years, look forward to hearing any responses.

Siva1972
Spread Your Wings

Re: Is this memorabilia?

Postby Cyborg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:22 pm

Sounds intriguing... do you mean an actual handwritten note or a reproduction of one? I'm guessing it's the former. If you had pictures that'd be great.
Anyway, since it's not about a collaboration, I think your question stands a better chance of getting an answer in the main forum (Killer Queen). There are some very knowledgeable people there.
I've made a huge mistake

Cyborg
Spread Your Wings

Re: Is this memorabilia?

Postby Guru » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:32 pm

Sylvie was a lady who ran the fan club in the early days, and used "Stay Sweet" as a sign off. No idea whose handwriting it was, but wouldn't surprise me if she'd written up all the lyrics on Queen 1, and sent out a copy to anyone who asked (as there was no lyric sheet in Q1)

Guru
We Will Rock You

Erehwon

Return to Dear Friends