BM solo albums news and updates here

Talk about their solo projects.

BM solo albums news and updates here

Postby TheHero » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:40 pm

As we all know, there has been a long time since we have had any updates on Brian`s solo albums:

- Star Fleet Project (1983)
- Back To The Light (1992)
- Live At The Brixton Academy (1994)
- Another World (1998)
- Furia, soundtrack (2000)

On the official BM youtube channel, some improved videos have been put out, and in the text below the videos we find the following information:

phpBB [video]

The Brixton concert audio has now been re-mastered by Tim Young, under the supervision of Justin Shirley-Smith and Kris Fredriksson.

TECHNICAL INFO (thanks to Kris Fredriksson)

All of the music video clips that we are about to embark on putting up on this channel have come from PAL Standard Definition video sources, and have been transferred, cleaned up, and converted to HD – or ‘720p’.

720p is a high definition video standard (TVs that could play this were sold as 'HD ready' some years ago; it’s one step down from 1080p/1080i – known as 'Full HD'). The number 720 signifies the 720 horizontal scan lines of image display resolution (also known as 720 pixels of vertical resolution), while the letter p stands for progressive scan (ie non-interlaced). Those of us who grew up in the 1960s and 70s watched TV with a resolution of 405 lines vertically; this standard was gradually phased out in the 80’s, and 625 became the only standard available in 1985.
Last edited by TheHero on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: BM solo albums news, updates and facts here

Postby TheHero » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:45 pm

phpBB [video]

Record Produced by Brian May and Justin Shirley Smith
Engineered by Justin Shirley Smith
Includes material engineered by Sean Lynch and Leif Masses at Monnow Valley and Marcus Studios.
Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering Studios, Portland, ME
Audio supervised by Justin Shirley-Smith and Kris Fredriksson.

Resurrection - the Video:

Shot by Swell Pictures Inc
Production: H-Gun Labs SUPER NOVA EDIT
Director: Eric Zimmermann
Producer: Jim Deloye
Assistant Producer: Kevin Hinds
Cinematographer: Mike Wojciechowski / EM
Animators: Robert Bial / Patrick Siemer / Ben Stokes / SAWG / Adrian D / William Opdyke / Andy Montag
Video Transfers: David Dean at Westpoint Television
Video Restoration: Simon Marbrook

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: BM solo albums news and updates here

Postby julymorning » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:48 pm

I seriously think he needs a hearing aid or something. I mean jesus, I probably need a hearing aid but I think his "improved" version sucks cotton balls.

This one had been on youtube for a long while and it's a hell of a lot clearer sounding than the upgrade.
phpBB [video]

Agree? DIsagree?
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby TheHero » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:10 pm

They are both good, I am not sure which one I like the most. The 2016 version seems louder, while the old one sounds more flat.

The 2016 version sounds clearer I think.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby BitterTears » Sun May 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Is there any chance the Ludwig remasters are from 2011? A few solo tracks (from Greatest Hits 3) were remastered then as we know, but any chance Brian just popped his full albums in the queue and said 'have a go at these while you're at it, will you?'. Seems just slightly weird he would have them done specifically for a solo re-release and then quietly put a few tracks on YouTube with no fanfare or advertising them as from an upcoming release

I guess I'm just tempering my expectations here because if they have just been newly done then it must mean new releases are close

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby DREAMASTER » Mon May 09, 2016 12:24 pm

TheHero wrote:As we all know, there has been a long time since we have had any updates on Brian`s solo albums:

- Star Fleet Project (1983)
- Back To The Light (1992)
- Live At The Brixton Academy (1994)
- Another World (1998)
- Furia, soundtrack (2000)

On the official BM youtube channel, some improved videos have been put out, and in the text below the videos we find the following information:

phpBB [video]

The Brixton concert audio has now been re-mastered by Tim Young, under the supervision of Justin Shirley-Smith and Kris Fredriksson.

TECHNICAL INFO (thanks to Kris Fredriksson)

All of the music video clips that we are about to embark on putting up on this channel have come from PAL Standard Definition video sources, and have been transferred, cleaned up, and converted to HD – or ‘720p’.

720p is a high definition video standard (TVs that could play this were sold as 'HD ready' some years ago; it’s one step down from 1080p/1080i – known as 'Full HD'). The number 720 signifies the 720 horizontal scan lines of image display resolution (also known as 720 pixels of vertical resolution), while the letter p stands for progressive scan (ie non-interlaced). Those of us who grew up in the 1960s and 70s watched TV with a resolution of 405 lines vertically; this standard was gradually phased out in the 80’s, and 625 became the only standard available in 1985.

The live album should have been remixed since the original mix is not that very good.
I'm Back to the 3rd Round.
Bring It On.

DREAMASTER
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:18 pm

phpBB [video]

Wow, I did not hear this one before. Awesome solo in there :shock:
What a classic track!

Cover art by Mick Rock, the same person who did the classic Queen cover for Queen II.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AlexKx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Oh, my gosh! Don't forget "Anthems" with Kerry Ellis and "Live By Candlelight" with her as well! Then there are all of the collaborations that have never been compiles as well as pre-QUEEN recordings!!!

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Return to There Can Be Only One