2016 Freddie Mercury Release

Talk about their solo projects.

Re: Another Freddie Mercury compilation album on the way

Postby fairydandy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Walter B. wrote:According to Amazon UK September 2nd will see the release of Freddie Mercury - Messenger Of The Gods: The Singles Collection.


What an absolutely ridiculous name for an album.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8094
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: Another Freddie Mercury compilation album on the way

Postby action » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:18 am

fairydandy wrote:
Walter B. wrote:According to Amazon UK September 2nd will see the release of Freddie Mercury - Messenger Of The Gods: The Singles Collection.


What an absolutely ridiculous name for an album.


who says it will be an album? if it was one disc, that would actually give them the moral obligation to give us something new. a new remix of love kills, or, god forbid, an unheard demo or live version. something like the Time performances.

no, no, no. too much effort, plus, it probably wont cost enough, and the 70th birthday wont happen everyday, dont you think.

So i'm guessing they will release... hold on... the freddie mercury singles collection! comes with a 15 disc reproduction of every single and remix of lesser known songs like love kills and in my defence. Since it will be faithfull reproductions, dont expect added tracks or surprises though. that would not be faithfull to the originals! Think about two songs per disc at most.
.
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

.

      
 
Posts: 2335
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: Another Freddie Mercury compilation album on the way

Postby fairydandy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:23 pm

action wrote:
fairydandy wrote:
Walter B. wrote:According to Amazon UK September 2nd will see the release of Freddie Mercury - Messenger Of The Gods: The Singles Collection.


What an absolutely ridiculous name for an album.


who says it will be an album? if it was one disc, that would actually give them the moral obligation to give us something new. a new remix of love kills, or, god forbid, an unheard demo or live version. something like the Time performances.

no, no, no. too much effort, plus, it probably wont cost enough, and the 70th birthday wont happen everyday, dont you think.

So i'm guessing they will release... hold on... the freddie mercury singles collection! comes with a 15 disc reproduction of every single and remix of lesser known songs like love kills and in my defence. Since it will be faithfull reproductions, dont expect added tracks or surprises though. that would not be faithfull to the originals! Think about two songs per disc at most.


What an absolutely ridiculous name for this collection. :P
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8094
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: Another Freddie Mercury compilation album on the way

Postby WeeMann » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:28 pm

action wrote:who says it will be an album?


It's a box set and a 2 CD album: http://www.queenonlinestore.com/Freddie-Mercury/
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.
 
WeeMann
Moderator
 
User avatar

 

Not even on the B list...

      
 
Posts: 6148
Images: 101
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Shropshire
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 146 times

Re: Another Freddie Mercury compilation album on the way

Postby action » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:49 pm

fairydandy wrote:What an absolutely ridiculous name for this collection. :P


it is.

freddie is spinning in his grave like a particle at CERN :roll:

messenger from the gods? what was god's message then? sexy botty? you got the cutest ass i've ever seen? or is god a musical prostitute then?
.
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

.

      
 
Posts: 2335
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: 2016 Freddie Mercury Release

Postby Kes » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:19 pm

OK, I'll be the gullible cunt to state the obvious. From mythology,

Mercury = Messenger of the Gods.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_(mythology)

So it has it, Mercury was the God of communication. The Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hermes. I believe there was a particular reason why he changed his name from Bulsara to THAT, and it was the mythological connection, so that's where they got their relevance from.

Had it been just an astral infatuation Freddie had with our solar system, he might well have called himself Freddie fucking Pluto!
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14400
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: 2016 Freddie Mercury Release

Postby action » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:52 pm

Kes wrote:Had it been just an astral infatuation Freddie had with our solar system, he might well have called himself Freddie fucking Pluto!


Bopos!
.
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

.

      
 
Posts: 2335
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: 2016 Freddie Mercury Release

Postby Kes » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Dorog!
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14400
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: 2016 Freddie Mercury Release

Postby cmsdrums » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:06 pm

I think most people realise where the Mercury/Messenger...title comes from, but just realise that it's a bloody awful, tacky, full of itself title.
 
cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 am
Location: Kent ,UK
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: 2016 Freddie Mercury Release

Postby fairydandy » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:19 pm

cmsdrums wrote:I think most people realise where the Mercury/Messenger...title comes from, but just realise that it's a bloody awful, tacky, full of itself title.


Yeah.

In any case, I regard myself as a bit of Freddie fan, but this is of no interest at all. I stopped buying vinyl in the mid 80's and there is nothing that would ever make me return. I don't own any sort of a 'player' now anyway, apart from an MP3 player...and I sure as hell wouldn't buy these tracks again, not in any order, or any colour..
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8094
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: 2016 Freddie Mercury Release

Postby Niall » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Kes wrote:OK, I'll be the gullible cunt to state the obvious. From mythology,

Mercury = Messenger of the Gods.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_(mythology)

So it has it, Mercury was the God of communication. The Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hermes. I believe there was a particular reason why he changed his name from Bulsara to THAT, and it was the mythological connection, so that's where they got their relevance from.

Had it been just an astral infatuation Freddie had with our solar system, he might well have called himself Freddie fucking Pluto!

My money would be on Freddie Uranus.
Body Language, huh, huh.
 
Niall
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:31 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: 2016 Freddie Mercury Release

Postby Kes » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:47 am

I, personally think the first disc of LOLSOS was a better collection, but then I'm a bit biased.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14400
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Previous

Return to There Can Be Only One

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests