Michael Casswell RIP

Talk about their solo projects.

Michael Casswell RIP

Postby sebastian » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:26 am

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Roger did not compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

sebastian
The Show Must Go On

Re: Michael Casswell RIP

Postby AlexKx » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:42 am

Is someone suppose to know who this is? There are two drummers. There's someone playing guitar with Brian. Is he the guy backup singer?

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby scallyuk » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:31 am

Brian's guitarist on the first Brian May band tour. the original line-up was Brian May on vocals and lead guitar, Cozy Powell on drums and percussion, Michael Casswell on guitar, Neil Murray on bass, and Maggie Ryder, Miriam Stockley and Chris Thompson on backing vocals. This version of the band lasted only five dates during the South American support tour (supporting The B-52's and Joe Cocker) .t

scallyuk
Spread Your Wings

Postby sebastian » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:09 pm

AlexKx wrote:There are two drummers.

Not quite - it's only Cozy. He was that good. Incidentally, Mike worked on Cozy's very last album, co-writing all the tracks.
John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Roger did not compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

sebastian
The Show Must Go On

Postby AlexKx » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:26 pm

I LOVE the "Back To The Light" studio l.p., tour, and over all project! I'm sorry to hear that he died! Do you know what from? I know this is freakish and totally wrong of me but I also consider "Back To The Light" both a Whitesnake and Black Sabbath project since it had both Cozy Powell and Neil Murray on it for both the studio l.p. and tour!

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:55 am

AlexKx wrote:I LOVE the "Back To The Light" studio l.p., tour, and over all project! I'm sorry to hear that he died! Do you know what from? I know this is freakish and totally wrong of me but I also consider "Back To The Light" both a Whitesnake and Black Sabbath project since it had both Cozy Powell and Neil Murray on it for both the studio l.p. and tour!

Cozy was killed in a car accident. driving one of his ungodly speeds.

Michael Casswell drowned swimming in Spain.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby AlexKx » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:12 am

Yeah, I know about Cozy but it was Michael Casswell that I was asking about so thanks for telling! I am sorry to hear that. As far as Cozy I thought that there was something concerning him using a cell phone while he was driving? Not that speed was not a factor of course.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:15 am

AlexKx wrote:Yeah, I know about Cozy but it was Michael Casswell that I was asking about so thanks for telling! I am sorry to hear that. As far as Cozy I thought that there was something concerning him using a cell phone while he was driving? Not that speed was not a factor of course.

"Powell died on 5 April 1998 following a car accident while driving his Saab 9000 at 104 mph (167 km/h) in bad weather on the M4 motorway near Bristol. He had been dating a married woman who was having troubles with her husband. Upset, she phoned him on 5 April 1998 and asked him to come quickly to her house which was approximately 35 miles away. As he was driving to her house she phoned him again and asked "Where are you?" He informed her he was on his way and then she heard him say "Oh shit!" followed by a loud bang.

Powell was ejected through the windscreen and died at the scene. According to the BBC report, at the time of the crash Powell's blood-alcohol reading was over the legal limit, and he was not wearing a seat belt, in addition to talking with his girlfriend on his mobile phone. The official investigation also found evidence of a slow puncture in a rear tyre that, it was suggested, could well have caused a sudden collapse of the tyre with a consequent loss of control of the car."

I don't know who the hell she was/is, but I hate her and hope she struggles(d) with nightmares living with her involvement in this.

Yeah, yeah, Cozy lived hanging over the edge, and was likely inevitable, but I still hate her.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby cmsdrums » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:39 pm

julymorning wrote:
AlexKx wrote:Yeah, I know about Cozy but it was Michael Casswell that I was asking about so thanks for telling! I am sorry to hear that. As far as Cozy I thought that there was something concerning him using a cell phone while he was driving? Not that speed was not a factor of course.

"Powell died on 5 April 1998 following a car accident while driving his Saab 9000 at 104 mph (167 km/h) in bad weather on the M4 motorway near Bristol. He had been dating a married woman who was having troubles with her husband. Upset, she phoned him on 5 April 1998 and asked him to come quickly to her house which was approximately 35 miles away. As he was driving to her house she phoned him again and asked "Where are you?" He informed her he was on his way and then she heard him say "Oh shit!" followed by a loud bang.

Powell was ejected through the windscreen and died at the scene. According to the BBC report, at the time of the crash Powell's blood-alcohol reading was over the legal limit, and he was not wearing a seat belt, in addition to talking with his girlfriend on his mobile phone. The official investigation also found evidence of a slow puncture in a rear tyre that, it was suggested, could well have caused a sudden collapse of the tyre with a consequent loss of control of the car."

I don't know who the hell she was/is, but I hate her and hope she struggles(d) with nightmares living with her involvement in this.

Yeah, yeah, Cozy lived hanging over the edge, and was likely inevitable, but I still hate her.

To be honest, if he was driving with no seat belt then he clearly had no regard for his own life, and if he was driving at that speed, in those conditions, whilst using a mobile, then he had no regard for anyone else's life either - I am a drummer and have a huge amount of respect for Cozy's playing and wish he were still alive, but I am also a father, husband, brother and son, and people who behave as irresponsibly as that could so easily be killing me or my loved ones as well as, or instead of, themselves.

Sorry - serious post over.........

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby julymorning » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:59 pm

Oh, I completely agree with you..but perhaps he had no intention of going out that night. She called him, remember. Twice, because she wanted him there faster.
Not saying driving like that was a rare thing for him, but it was just a feeling I got about it as a woman.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Return to There Can Be Only One