Brian May - Chuck Berry

Talk about their solo projects.

Brian May - Chuck Berry

Postby TheHero » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:21 am

I never saw this one before. First time I have seen Brian singing without the guitar, then at the end he
picks up a vintage Gibson or Les Paul.

phpBB [video]

RIP Chuck Berry

Quoted from brianmay.com :

"An influence on Brian - he can be seen performing 'Johnny B. Goode' below. The same track appeared on Brian's recent compilation "Air Guitar Anthems" released 18 Nov 2016.

The duo, Brian May and Dave Dilloway collectively known as "1984" played Chuck Berry songs in their early gigs -1966: 'Too Much Monkey Business' and 'Our Little Rendezvous'. Later, Brian joined REO Speedwagon with 'Johnny B. Goode' 29/05/1985 at Hammersmith Odeon, London, and also performed same as guest with Jerry Lee Lewis, Hammersmith Odeon, 21/11/1989 (see below). "

I did not know about Brian May teaming up with REO Speedwagon in 1985 and doing a live cover. Any existing audio or footage from this concert?

Checked with queenconcerts.com, and there is no known footage. Can't believe no one took a single photo of Brian on stage with Reo Speedwagon, which was huge back in the 80s. :shock:

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Brian May - Chuck Berry

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:50 am

Cool video. Yeah, it's kinda weird to see Brian on stage without a guitar of some kind! By the way, that's definitely not a Les Paul he picks up; I'm thinking it's a Gibson ES-355 or ES-335 (the kind of guitar Chuck played) but with a Bigsby tremolo.

Do you know when this was from?

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Return to There Can Be Only One