Another World Tour - drummer question

Talk about their solo projects.

Another World Tour - drummer question

Postby eiricd » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:51 pm

as we all know, when Cozy passed away and the tour went ahead, Eric Singer got the gig. Although Cozy was one of a kind, Eric is also an amazing drummer. (and actually, no pun intended, a very good singer as well)

He got the gig through Tony Iommi who recommended him to Brian. Eric played with Sabbath for a while in the mid 80s.
Now, I remember Brian commenting on brianmay.com that Eric was the only candidate for the job.

http://talkingrock.net/category/podcast/talking-metal/ - here's a recent interview with Eric, where he said that Tony had given Brian TWO names who would be good for the gig, but that he auditioned and got the gig.
Does anyone know who the second drummer is??

fairly obscure trivia 20 years on, but still - I would love to know!

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Re: Another World Tour - drummer question

Postby Kes » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:06 am

I don't know, was Taylor Hawkins possibly a candidate? He'd already played on a Brian track (Cyborg) by then, hadn't he?
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Re: Another World Tour - drummer question

Postby cmsdrums » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:35 pm

I don’t know who else was in the running, but it was more than just two; I read an interview with Brian about that tour a few years back and he said that they auditioned quite a few players before settling on a Eric; I recall it vividly because Brian described some if the other drummers as being really “state of the art” and I was bought it an odd phrase to use about a drummer! (He basically just meant really good’!!)

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Return to There Can Be Only One