U pick! Which solo album to get remade by the band?

Talk about their solo projects.

U pick! Which solo album to get remade by the band?

Postby Michael Allred » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:28 am

Brian, Roger and John showed what they could do with solo material and not only improve upon them but truly give them that Queen sound as evidenced by "Made in Heaven."

So here's a fun what if question for everyone........what if the band decided to do just that, take one of their solo albums and give it the MIH treatment? Today's technology is leaps and bounds ahead of what they had to work with in the mid 90s.

OR

They make various selections from a few different solo albums (1 from Strange Frontier, 4 from Back to the Light and so forth) to make a new hybrid album?

What say you?
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
The Show Must Go On

Re: U pick! Which solo album to get remade by the band?

Postby Leigh Burne » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:05 pm

The obvious choice, Mr. Bad Guy, is the only one that really strikes me as having potential for improvement. The others are great just as they are.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Mr. Bad Guy is my choice too. Also, a "Queenified" version of Fun In Space could be cool, leaving Roger's vocals alone but adding new instrumentation.

Brian's albums have the most Queen-like sound to them already, I think, so that would be almost redundant.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby BitterTears » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:34 pm

Huh. Always thought about Freddie songs being reworked but never occurred to me to think about Brian and Roger's work being 'Queenified'.

My first instinct is Strange Frontier but I think that mostly stems from the 80s electronic sound it has, would probably be quite a difference there if it got a modern remake

I would add this is just if hypothetically this was going to happen, I'm quite happy with the albums the way they are.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby VaudevilleDeMille » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:44 am

Another vote for Mr. Bad Guy.

As much as I love the original album, the 'Queened-up' version of 'Made In Heaven' proves that they could take these songs and really add another level to them.

VaudevilleDeMille
Spread Your Wings

Return to There Can Be Only One