Roger solo singles

Talk about their solo projects.

Roger solo singles

Postby fosterol » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:20 am

Dont know if it has been asked but does anyone know why Rogers biggest early hit single Future Management doesn't feature on his solo singles albums anywhere...A serious oversight

fosterol
We Will Rock You

Re: Roger solo singles

Postby Kes » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:09 am

If you're on about it not being on the "Singles" discs in the box set, maybe it's because the Single version is identical to the version on Fun In Space.

I think all the tracks on the "Singles" CDs differ to the album versions in some way.

Otherwise, Future Management IS on his "Best" collection, the Single that's noticeably missing from that one is "Pressure On".
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby fosterol » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Kes wrote:If you're on about it not being on the "Singles" discs in the box set, maybe it's because the Single version is identical to the version on Fun In Space.

I think all the tracks on the "Singles" CDs differ to the album versions in some way.

Otherwise, Future Management IS on his "Best" collection, the Single that's noticeably missing from that one is "Pressure On".

thank you Kes
It just seems a strange omission, as it his biggest hit. I see what youre saying
best regards

fosterol
We Will Rock You

Postby Kes » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:24 pm

I.should add that I think Future Management IS arguably Roger's best solo single. I can play it now, and it still sounds timeless and fresh to me.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby fosterol » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Kes wrote:I.should add that I think Future Management IS arguably Roger's best solo single. I can play it now, and it still sounds timeless and fresh to me.

I agree, its an excellent song...Also, the replication argument is an odd one as identical versions always crop up on original albums and hits albums. Queen having done this a number of times. Greatest Hits and Hits 2, barring, i think W W T L F, Fb Girls and Break Free (maybe more) are all identical duplication.
Indeed you could argue it would have been remastered anyway, making it a perfectly valid inclusion......Anyway thanks for your answer Kes

fosterol
We Will Rock You

Return to There Can Be Only One