Cos I'm a geek and I'm interested....

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: Cos I'm a geek and I'm interested....

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:24 am

Oh and I think Bad Guy uses the same laptop I do.. an Acer Aspire. But I got myself a cordless mouse to go with mine. lol. I hate the touchpads.

Innuendoes

Postby Ian-Highlander » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:23 am

Innuendoes wrote:
Sir Didymus wrote:I use a pc by default, but I'm loving Safari so much as a browser... and I'm thinking my next mp3 player will prolly have to be an iPod for space issues... so I might as well go the whole hog and switch to Mac next time around.
Basically, I use my PC as an entertainment port - I want to play music and edit sound and vision with it. It seems that Mac is the logical choice for me...

Don't do it, Didy! I think you'll be sorry.

I agree to be honest. I really wouldn't do it if I was you Didy, although of course it's your choice. A few years ago, yes Mac was the thing to have for sound and vision and was the industry standard for that sort of thing (and still is purely because most people in that industry are Apple lovers these days because it's what they had to learn for it). Fact of the matter is that technology has moved on and PC's can out perform Mac in every way these days and do everything a Mac can and better.

Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One

There Can Be Only One

I was born with nothing and I've got most of it left...

Postby LittleBabyNothing » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:27 am

I have to use Windows PCs and Notebooks, simply because most of the software I need for my studies and research are only available for Windows.

Also, I'd hate to pay Apple prices for the same hardware configuration ;)
“Why can’t I try on different lives, like dresses, to see which fits best and is more becoming?” - Sylvia Plath.

LittleBabyNothing
We Will Rock You

Postby Eimerk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:12 am

Win 7 desktop PC............. original, like Triggers broom, circa 1995.........

Eimerk
Spread Your Wings

Sober

Postby Sir Didymus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:08 am

Ian-Highlander wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
Sir Didymus wrote:I use a pc by default, but I'm loving Safari so much as a browser... and I'm thinking my next mp3 player will prolly have to be an iPod for space issues... so I might as well go the whole hog and switch to Mac next time around.
Basically, I use my PC as an entertainment port - I want to play music and edit sound and vision with it. It seems that Mac is the logical choice for me...

Don't do it, Didy! I think you'll be sorry.

I agree to be honest. I really wouldn't do it if I was you Didy, although of course it's your choice. A few years ago, yes Mac was the thing to have for sound and vision and was the industry standard for that sort of thing (and still is purely because most people in that industry are Apple lovers these days because it's what they had to learn for it). Fact of the matter is that technology has moved on and PC's can out perform Mac in every way these days and do everything a Mac can and better.

You're probably right... I just keep hearing good things about them from so many people, and I'm jealous of all the editing and tinkerings people can do on them that I can't do on my pc without spending a small fortune on software.
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby Waggoner Will » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:19 am

I think it is fair to say that PC's can outperform MAC in some areas. But, if you're prepared to spend an extra few pounds on a computer for yourself, I'd get a MAC. iMovie is good, Garage band excellent, Safari or Firefox are more sophisticated web browsers, also PC is just, well dull.
Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread...

Waggoner Will
Spread Your Wings

I thank you all...

Postby Waggoner Will » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 am

2439080330_c5e0e339bb.jpg
Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread...

Waggoner Will
Spread Your Wings

I thank you all...

Postby fairydandy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:48 am

Waggoner Will wrote:PC or MAC?

PC, with Windows 7. I ditched Windows 8, it was either that or commit mass murder down at the shopping mall (come to think of it, I fit the profile, bit of a loner, odd, never speak to the neighbours...).

Ok, so this topic was the last one on the list and it's 4 years old, but I had to think about my answer carefully.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 pm

I'm on Windows 7 still and it's 4 years after I last answered. Different PC, but I took this one backwards too. ;)

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby EmmyJade » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:32 am

HP Windows 10 laptop. But my next big ticket buy will be a Mac.

EmmyJade
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Fried Chicken