Share Some News

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: Share Some News

Postby icy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:20 am

My niece and I accidentally photobombed a picture today which ended up on a public Facebook page. I'm just glad we weren't facing the camera. :lol:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:19 am

Innuendoes wrote:
KeithGo wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Pata CD on the way from Japan. Currently in Chicago and will be here next week. Yippee! :onfire:

Did you get the CD yet, Innuendoes? How do you like it?

Oh yes, I have it and I love it. He seems to be heavily influenced by Gary Moore or admired his style a lot because his playing sounds very much like Moore. The man who does the singing on a few songs (most of the CD is purely instrumental) is named James Christian and he's got a nice blues voice so I am right at home with this music, being a Moore fan, blues fan and love guitar instrumentals. What more can you say? I think I'll get his other CDs as well. He's still playing with X Japan and on tour right now.

Since I can't alter this, I'll have to add to it this way. Pata's playing also reminds me of Jimmy Page. And as far as touring, they're not currently "on tour" but will be playing Coachella this summer, two weekends. :)

Innuendoes

Postby icy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:21 pm

I hate moving. Been living in the same place for over 12 and a half years and today is my last day.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:36 am

Speaking of moving...I did that myself about, up, two weeks ago!

Kind of a bit of a story...ya see, I haven't really gone into this too much here, but up until then, I had been living in a sort of homeless shelter (but about the nicest one you could imagine... I could go into the whole story of how I ended up there, but I'll save that for another post if anyone wants to hear it.

Anyway, I applied for Section 8 back in November or so, got approved, and moved in to an apartment which is actually pretty nice. It's small, of course, just a one bedroom kinda deal, but it's in an OK area, and I got a dishwasher and central air...which has really come in handy with how hot and humid it's been lately! Now my goal is to get at least a part time job of some sort.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby icy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:33 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:Speaking of moving...I did that myself about, up, two weeks ago!

Kind of a bit of a story...ya see, I haven't really gone into this too much here, but up until then, I had been living in a sort of homeless shelter (but about the nicest one you could imagine... I could go into the whole story of how I ended up there, but I'll save that for another post if anyone wants to hear it.

Anyway, I applied for Section 8 back in November or so, got approved, and moved in to an apartment which is actually pretty nice. It's small, of course, just a one bedroom kinda deal, but it's in an OK area, and I got a dishwasher and central air...which has really come in handy with how hot and humid it's been lately! Now my goal is to get at least a part time job of some sort.

Hope it all goes well for you. I hope you will be happy there too.
I don't adapt to changes very well. I have had a lot of ups and downs in my area, and it never was 'home" but I didn't want to leave the way I am.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Previous

Return to Fried Chicken