Share Some News

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: Share Some News

Postby icy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:20 am

My niece and I accidentally photobombed a picture today which ended up on a public Facebook page. I'm just glad we weren't facing the camera. :lol:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:19 am

Innuendoes wrote:
KeithGo wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Pata CD on the way from Japan. Currently in Chicago and will be here next week. Yippee! :onfire:

Did you get the CD yet, Innuendoes? How do you like it?

Oh yes, I have it and I love it. He seems to be heavily influenced by Gary Moore or admired his style a lot because his playing sounds very much like Moore. The man who does the singing on a few songs (most of the CD is purely instrumental) is named James Christian and he's got a nice blues voice so I am right at home with this music, being a Moore fan, blues fan and love guitar instrumentals. What more can you say? I think I'll get his other CDs as well. He's still playing with X Japan and on tour right now.

Since I can't alter this, I'll have to add to it this way. Pata's playing also reminds me of Jimmy Page. And as far as touring, they're not currently "on tour" but will be playing Coachella this summer, two weekends. :)

Innuendoes

Postby icy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:21 pm

I hate moving. Been living in the same place for over 12 and a half years and today is my last day.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:36 am

Speaking of moving...I did that myself about, up, two weeks ago!

Kind of a bit of a story...ya see, I haven't really gone into this too much here, but up until then, I had been living in a sort of homeless shelter (but about the nicest one you could imagine... I could go into the whole story of how I ended up there, but I'll save that for another post if anyone wants to hear it.

Anyway, I applied for Section 8 back in November or so, got approved, and moved in to an apartment which is actually pretty nice. It's small, of course, just a one bedroom kinda deal, but it's in an OK area, and I got a dishwasher and central air...which has really come in handy with how hot and humid it's been lately! Now my goal is to get at least a part time job of some sort.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby icy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:33 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:Speaking of moving...I did that myself about, up, two weeks ago!

Kind of a bit of a story...ya see, I haven't really gone into this too much here, but up until then, I had been living in a sort of homeless shelter (but about the nicest one you could imagine... I could go into the whole story of how I ended up there, but I'll save that for another post if anyone wants to hear it.

Anyway, I applied for Section 8 back in November or so, got approved, and moved in to an apartment which is actually pretty nice. It's small, of course, just a one bedroom kinda deal, but it's in an OK area, and I got a dishwasher and central air...which has really come in handy with how hot and humid it's been lately! Now my goal is to get at least a part time job of some sort.

Hope it all goes well for you. I hope you will be happy there too.
I don't adapt to changes very well. I have had a lot of ups and downs in my area, and it never was 'home" but I didn't want to leave the way I am.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:20 am

A couple days ago, August 3rd to be exact, was my parents' 44th wedding anniversary. I was hanging out and doing some stuff with my mom the other day, and one thing she said to me that I kinda thought was cool was that she realized they've been married longer than either of their parents. My dad's dad died kinda early, I don't ever really remember him that much. I think he died when I was 7 or so. My recollections of him are vague at best, ya know?

So, uh....what the heck is my point, anyway? My parents are awesome, and I'm kinda getting old. Yeah, that's it. :P

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby JLP » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Just managed to reduce my Sky subscription by 30% for 18 months. :)
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Sole Survivor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:17 pm

Well, my adventures in cardiology continue apace, albeit via another family member now. My elder sister was attending her granddaughter's wedding a couple of weeks back, and suffered a complete cardiac arrest. Her heart stopped for 90 minutes, and if it wasn't for the people there who knew CPR, I wouldn't have a sister anymore. Learn the procedure, people- it saves lives. She's been stented and spent the first week in a chemically induced coma while her system recovered, and she now has a pacemaker fitted and a tracheostomy to help her breathe, as her arrest caused a bout of pneumonia. (Slightly different from mine, where my pneumonia was what caused my episode..) She's now awake and lucid, and getting better everyday, but it was touch and go at first. Most families have features like eyes or noses that feature prominently in the family- with us, it seems, it's hearts...
Love now 'till Eternity...

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

Rock and roll dream Not what it seems Who is the dreamer now?

Postby action » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:42 am

Sole Survivor wrote:Well, my adventures in cardiology continue apace, albeit via another family member now. My elder sister was attending her granddaughter's wedding a couple of weeks back, and suffered a complete cardiac arrest. Her heart stopped for 90 minutes, and if it wasn't for the people there who knew CPR, I wouldn't have a sister anymore. Learn the procedure, people- it saves lives. She's been stented and spent the first week in a chemically induced coma while her system recovered, and she now has a pacemaker fitted and a tracheostomy to help her breathe, as her arrest caused a bout of pneumonia. (Slightly different from mine, where my pneumonia was what caused my episode..) She's now awake and lucid, and getting better everyday, but it was touch and go at first. Most families have features like eyes or noses that feature prominently in the family- with us, it seems, it's hearts...

I hope the kind people of QOL will take notice and take this into account, next time they try to wind you up :(
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby Sole Survivor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:32 pm

I wouldn't worry too much mate- things like this tend to put life into very harsh perspective, and you soon learn what really matters. I'm at about half-past give-a-shit with what people here think, but it won't stop me fighting my corner whenever I pop in to see what's up. My family knows what sort of person I really am, and that's all that really and truly matters, isn't it? ;-)

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

Postby action » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 pm

Sole Survivor wrote:I wouldn't worry too much mate- things like this tend to put life into very harsh perspective, and you soon learn what really matters. I'm at about half-past give-a-shit with what people here think, but it won't stop me fighting my corner whenever I pop in to see what's up. My family knows what sort of person I really am, and that's all that really and truly matters, isn't it? ;-)

I have a sister too. I know your pain. luckily she's healthy, knock on wood.
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby icy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Sole Survivor wrote:Well, my adventures in cardiology continue apace, albeit via another family member now. My elder sister was attending her granddaughter's wedding a couple of weeks back, and suffered a complete cardiac arrest. Her heart stopped for 90 minutes, and if it wasn't for the people there who knew CPR, I wouldn't have a sister anymore. Learn the procedure, people- it saves lives. She's been stented and spent the first week in a chemically induced coma while her system recovered, and she now has a pacemaker fitted and a tracheostomy to help her breathe, as her arrest caused a bout of pneumonia. (Slightly different from mine, where my pneumonia was what caused my episode..) She's now awake and lucid, and getting better everyday, but it was touch and go at first. Most families have features like eyes or noses that feature prominently in the family- with us, it seems, it's hearts...

I hope your sister recovers fully. I also hope you are doing well these days.
Heart problems and cancer are in my family too. It isn't easy to deal with.
*Back under my rock*
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby JLP » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:06 am

Was it an out of hospital arrest? If so it really an outstanding achievement for her to survive. CPR is hard work. You get tired pretty quick and have to change places with others. Do you know if they used a defibrillator?

Glad to know she is doing ok.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Sole Survivor » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:56 am

I don't know, tbh- all I know is that whoever did the CPR, had to keep it going for 90 minutes until the ambulance crew got there- maybe the ambulance crew used a defib- and when she was stented in hospital, her heart stopped again and CPR was again needed. All she has to show for it is three busted ribs, as she's up and about nagging the ward sisters for coffee now!

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 am

Sole Survivor wrote:I wouldn't worry too much mate- things like this tend to put life into very harsh perspective, and you soon learn what really matters. I'm at about half-past give-a-shit with what people here think, but it won't stop me fighting my corner whenever I pop in to see what's up. My family knows what sort of person I really am, and that's all that really and truly matters, isn't it? ;-)

Very well stated. The same applies with me: I honestly couldn't give a shit about some of the negative shit-stirrers on this site - it's those closest to me who matter. And I will not back down here either. Keep up the good fight, Sir! And all the best to your sister. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

PreviousNext

Return to Fried Chicken