Share Some News

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Share Some News

Postby Bijou » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 pm

I assume one hasn't been made and if so, maybe no-one wants a new one :P but here you can share any news if you like, just like the old one. :)

Bijou
We Will Rock You

Re: Share Some News

Postby WeeMann » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:55 pm

My best friend, Jenny, completed the London Marathon in 5 hrs 15 minutes this afternoon. In the first few minutes she ran past my old flat - a feat which would have been beyond me even when I was reasonably fit, but she then carried on for a further 26 miles, so I'm dead proud of her.

On top of that she far exceeded her sponsorship target, currently having raised over £3000 for HemiHelp, a charity for sufferers of hemiplegia and their families (Jenny's daughter, my God-Daughter, is a sufferer).

If you want to help out at all, click here to donate.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:05 pm

That's fantastic WeeMann. :)
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Postby Bad Guy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:That's fantastic WeeMann. :)

Yep, great stuff. I have a lot of time for people who do walks and marathons etc for charity. I would do the same but I am too lazy. :lookround: :bomb:

Bad Guy
The Show Must Go On

Postby Bristol Lass » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm

WeeMann wrote:My best friend, Jenny, completed the London Marathon in 5 hrs 15 minutes this afternoon. In the first few minutes she ran past my old flat - a feat which would have been beyond me even when I was reasonably fit, but she then carried on for a further 26 miles, so I'm dead proud of her.

On top of that she far exceeded her sponsorship target, currently having raised over £3000 for HemiHelp, a charity for sufferers of hemiplegia and their families (Jenny's daughter, my God-Daughter, is a sufferer).

If you want to help out at all, click here to donate.

That's brilliant and such a fantastic amount raised.

Bristol Lass
Spread Your Wings

Lurking!

Postby Ian-Highlander » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Amy and I just spent a lovely weekend up in Cheshire staying with with Queen Mum and herbi. Thanks guys, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves relaxing in the beautiful countryside.

Weemann, I stuck my fingers up as we went past the Telford sign on the M6 especially :P :lol:

Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One

There Can Be Only One

I was born with nothing and I've got most of it left...

Postby WeeMann » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Bastard!
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby Lino » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:55 pm

So, I am in Padua, Italy, doing an internship until July! Things are nice, job is interesting, I'm teaching Italian to a young minor who arrived in Italy a few months ago and who needs to know the language to go to school and find a job.
As we are not far from the Balcans, I went with some friends to Slovenija for Easter Weekend and next weekend we go to Croatia. :)
Today was the 25th of April, which is very meaningful for me. On the 25th of April 1974 the portuguese 40 year long dictatorship was put down by a military "coup d'état", a group of the military who was tired of the long colonial war in our african territories and who wanted more rights. The people joint in and the already weak government fell, which lead to a series of democratic reforms. :) It was the Crimson Revolution because the soldiers had crimsons on the point of their guns!
And it was a double celebration for me because in Italy they also celebrate the end of the nazi fascism on this day :)
25 de Abril SEMPRE! :cool:
I'm a globetrotter and I'm proud of it!

Lino
The Show Must Go On

Postby y2marmar » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Today was my last day in Work Experience at my school. My training course is nearly finished. It was kinda sad. I'll miss the school I worked in. They gave me a lovely voucher though, which was very welcome as I have no money.
Also, I found out that I set a record. I'm the first student teacher in years that hasn't missed any days of school.
See me, feel me, touch me, heal me...

y2marmar
We Will Rock You

Postby Broooklyn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:51 pm

I made a rare one-off appearance in my old neck of the woods yesterday. I am certain that it was definitely good to see me, and for those that received a hug...well...lucky them, really.
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

QOL'er in Black

Postby Dittany » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:34 am

I've finally secured some employment for the summer! I'm going to be a file clerk at the hospital where my mom works. I'll only be working for approx. four months (I return to school in August), but that four months will earn me more money than the ten months I spent in a supermarket. I was getting so worried that none of the places I'd filed applications at were calling me--this is a Godsend!
"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted." - John Lennon
Taylorette: More of That Jazz
Official Member of the D.M.C.

Dittany
Spread Your Wings

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

Postby y2marmar » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Dittany that's brilliant!! Congratulations.

And my news...I GOT A FACEBOOK REPLY FROM BRIAN MAY!!!!!!!
He wrote some updates on facebook saying stuff about his interview today and his plans for Save Me and I replied saying congratulations on the radio interview and his work withSave Me and how i'd be more actively supporting him if I wasn't so busy studying!!
He replied:
Thanks Margaret ! Good luck with your studies. But get a bit of sunshine too ... yo might meet someone you can educate out there !!! Cheers Bri x

Made my week!!

y2marmar
We Will Rock You

Postby adele1 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Hello,

Not having a good day! Mum and I went to a car wash this morning and we got stuck in their for about 5mins due to a technical fault, luckily, we were pass the wet bit.! I wanted to go swimming this aft but their was a sign up saying swimming pool closed for half an hour due to technical fault, again! I keep being at fault! I did cut my thumb Mon night so I have my wrong in three's already! Nothing else can't go wrong on me now! I hope!

Del

adele1
Spread Your Wings

Postby Lino » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:15 am

I'm going to Zagreb, Croatia, for the weekend, I'll be back on Monday morning!! :) A long train travel to each way, but it will be worth it!! :)
The worst is... I have an abscess in my cheek today, I need a medicine and to go to a doctor... :( Gaaahhhh...
And the bloody thing has grown. $&$($="$&/$ :angry: I'm now going to buy some ibuprofene...
I'm a globetrotter and I'm proud of it!

Lino
The Show Must Go On

Postby y2marmar » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 am

Oh no LIno. That sucks. Think I may have one myself. I'll have to make a dentist appointment. Been putting it off

y2marmar
We Will Rock You

Next

Return to Fried Chicken