Share Some News

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: Share Some News

Postby icy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:05 pm

fairydandy wrote:Well, here's my news. After playing around with various fixings for plasterboard walls and having minimal success (I always had proper walls until recently). I can recommend Grip It fixings to QOL. They are simply fantastic.

Every other fixing for plasterboard walls on the market is utter, utter shit. ;)

Thanks for listening.

http://gripitfixings.co.uk/new-gripit-2015/

I could have used that a couple of weeks ago :lol:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby icy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:16 am

Getting so ill in public. Not fun. :-(
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:47 am

Well, this is pretty big news, for me at least......

As of last Saturday, I am, for the first time in my now-almost 40 years of existence on this mortal plane (melodramatic language just cus) I am now, as some song goes, living on my own! Yeah, I now have my own apartment. To make a long story a little bit shorter, I lived with my parents till I was about 19, then lived with my brother for most of the time after that....and, Uh, the last few years or so were another story. I've technically been homeless since from about February of 2015 till now, been living in a county group Home most of that time, which really was not bad at all. But anyway, I have been working a steady job for a while, so I was indeed able to save up a decent chunk of money, and got some government assistance, and here I am! Not a bad a place, if a bit small.........

But, hey, it's MINE! :D

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:53 am

Congrats!!!! I bet you feel MARVELOUS! :-D And you should! Happy, happy day for you! Week, too! Month!!! Year! :biggrin:
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:15 am

Innuendoes wrote:Congrats!!!! I bet you feel MARVELOUS! :-D And you should! Happy, happy day for you! Week, too! Month!!! Year! :biggrin:

The kinda weird thing was, I had a choice of this apartment complex or another, and I preferred this one but didn't, at first, think I would qualify for it. They said I had to be either 50 or disabled. I was recently diagnosed as being autistic, and that does count as being disabled, apparently.

And that's another thing I could go on about...I had always heard stuff here and there about autism, but never really thought about it too much, but now that I heard that and then read up a lot more on it, I'm like, yeah that's me all right. In other words, it makes sense. So THAT is why I've felt like a F-ing weirdo most of my life! :lol:

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:20 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Congrats!!!! I bet you feel MARVELOUS! :-D And you should! Happy, happy day for you! Week, too! Month!!! Year! :biggrin:

The kinda weird thing was, I had a choice of this apartment complex or another, and I preferred this one but didn't, at first, think I would qualify for it. They said I had to be either 50 or disabled. I was recently diagnosed as being autistic, and that does count as being disabled, apparently.

And that's another thing I could go on about...I had always heard stuff here and there about autism, but never really thought about it too much, but now that I heard that and then read up a lot more on it, I'm like, yeah that's me all right. In other words, it makes sense. So THAT is why I've felt like a F-ing weirdo most of my life! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well you sure fooled me. I had no clue but of course, we have not met face to face, either.

I really don't know much of anything about it, other than my brother's broker's daughter had it and it was bad with her. She would scare me when we were in the same house because she just rocked back and forth real fast until her mom would walk in and direct her to do something else. She just made me nervous and acted like there was no one else in the room except her. I just didn't understand. Maybe when I ever have time, I will check it out and see what forms of it there are and the symptoms.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:37 am

Well, okay, that kinda leads me to another thing I've learned about autism. The person you're talking about, Inny, would be described as low-functioning autistic, I guess. I'm high-functioning autistic, or what they used to call having Asperger's syndrome. They officially don't call it that any more, and just call it all "autism spectrum disorder" now.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:58 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:Well, okay, that kinda leads me to another thing I've learned about autism. The person you're talking about, Inny, would be described as low-functioning autistic, I guess. I'm high-functioning autistic, or what they used to call having Asperger's syndrome. They officially don't call it that any more, and just call it all "autism spectrum disorder" now.

Ahh ok. I knew there were various differences but I didn't know what they were or the names for them. Maybe I'm one, too! :lol: Not kidding. I am very different. I know that. I don't seem to fit any kind of mold. And all over the place on everything. Very, very hyper, too. Jump from one topic to another and become bored really fast, have to jump to something else, then something else, etc, etc. Sometimes all within an hour. IDK. :shock:
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby icy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:13 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:Well, this is pretty big news, for me at least......

As of last Saturday, I am, for the first time in my now-almost 40 years of existence on this mortal plane (melodramatic language just cus) I am now, as some song goes, living on my own! Yeah, I now have my own apartment. To make a long story a little bit shorter, I lived with my parents till I was about 19, then lived with my brother for most of the time after that....and, Uh, the last few years or so were another story. I've technically been homeless since from about February of 2015 till now, been living in a county group Home most of that time, which really was not bad at all. But anyway, I have been working a steady job for a while, so I was indeed able to save up a decent chunk of money, and got some government assistance, and here I am! Not a bad a place, if a bit small.........

But, hey, it's MINE! :D

Happy for you, and proud of you :bigups:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:24 am

Thank you, Icy! And whht Inny was talking about sounds more like ADHD than autism. That almost seems like a more common thing these days, or at least something I hear about more.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:56 am

What an amazing feeling! I had cortisone shots in both knees on Friday after seeing an orthopedic surgeon. His recommendation is knee replacement surgery because x-rays show no cartilage, at all, in the knee joints and I am stage 4 with arthritis due to those falls and car wrecks. Bone grinding bone. Why in the HELL someone didn't help me before is beyond me. Tylenol never did a damn thing - nada. Of course it wouldn't. :roll:

I feel like a new person, already. Totally amazed. Surgery has to wait so I can find out what insurance will pay and how much, plus since i will need to stay in bed quite a bit, i guess, I definitely need that new mattress, new orthopedic pillow and a bunch of other things to get ready for this. But OMG, I can walk without horrific pain, again! :onfire:
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby icy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:46 am

Innuendoes wrote:What an amazing feeling! I had cortisone shots in both knees on Friday after seeing an orthopedic surgeon. His recommendation is knee replacement surgery because x-rays show no cartilage, at all, in the knee joints and I am stage 4 with arthritis due to those falls and car wrecks. Bone grinding bone. Why in the HELL someone didn't help me before is beyond me. Tylenol never did a damn thing - nada. Of course it wouldn't. :roll:

I feel like a new person, already. Totally amazed. Surgery has to wait so I can find out what insurance will pay and how much, plus since i will need to stay in bed quite a bit, i guess, I definitely need that new mattress, new orthopedic pillow and a bunch of other things to get ready for this. But OMG, I can walk without horrific pain, again! :onfire:

:D :bigups: Happy for you :group:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:24 am

Thanks, icy. There is still a grinding sensation but the pain is greatly reduced. I want to try to go out for some walks this week, especially just to get out but also to start rebuilding the muscles in my legs. The muscles are very weak due to not using them much plus because of the osteoarthritis, it's caused the bones to shift over to the sides??? In any event, the doctor says it is making me bow legged. That's a lot of force on my legs to force them to become bowed! No wonder I have been in so much pain for so many years.

My doctor failed me. My regular doctor even told me I had never gone to get my x-rays from at the hospital that she ordered 6 months ago, when I asked for help, again! I went right over there. She didn't ever check to see if I had gone so accused me of not getting them done, then apologized after I told her "oh yes I did!". She looked at my chart and saw that I had, after all. She said it was her fault. Yea, it was! Just think, I could have been out walking this past spring, working on my muscles and having fun walking through the wildlife refuge across the road. Now fall is upon us and there won't be much time left for outdoor walking until March or April, again. Damnit.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Oret » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:48 am

I've gotten quite a few new hobbies since I was last registered on QOL...

1) I started reading books in Portuguese, and started studying Spanish. In the past few years I've read a few hundred pages every week. At times I feel like I'm forgetting English because I use it so rarely. :shock:

2) A year ago I started attending bateria (=drumming) lessons in my local samba school. In May I started playing at all their gigs including the city carnival. Last week I bought my third percussion instrument, and I'm trying to find the time to practice them all at home. :oops:

3) I started going out regularly with a bunch of the other drummers, and to drink alcohol regularly on a few nights every week. :?

4) This year I started dancing salsa. First individual classes, and this season couple classes as well. :lol:

Oret
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:45 pm

Just got a letter from the tax people. I am due a rebate of £2688.60.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

PreviousNext

Return to Fried Chicken