Allotment

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Allotment

Postby pow wow » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:20 am

Has anyone got one? Me and a mate have had one for last 3 years. It's 50x70 feet. Working in an office everyday and not having a garden I find it great to unwind, relax and eat well. We grow about 25-30 different fruit and veg, all organic. Contrary to popular belief it's not all flat cap wearing over 80's who have them and there is a few Charlie Dimmock types that take your mind off the digging :) .

Here it is when we got it: (can you spot me in the jungle?)

Heres last year in full bloom:

Here's a few from this year, nearly ready to go after making raised beds, frames, supports etc:

pow wow
We Will Rock You

Re: Allotment

Postby Loretta » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:19 am

Some friends of mine got one a few years back... they've done nothing but argue and bicker since, but did manage to grow more leeks than they know what to do with.

Glad to hear yours is working out much better!

Loretta
We Will Rock You

Re: Allotment

Postby adele1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Hiya!

My Dad has one! It's only 5mins down the road! I should help, Dad more really. I just don't find gardening, motivating me, at the moment but I've been told, it's the best exercise, you can get so I may try and go back to it but according, to my Dad, we're waiting for some rain, as the soil, is really dry. I may take my Ipod and see if it motivates me! See if it works and shed some weight! I'll let you know how I get on?!

I know, there's a huge waiting list for allotments, at the mo so good luck, in getting one. The Good Life eh?!

Del

adele1
Spread Your Wings

Return to Fried Chicken