Something has happened to this forum

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Something has happened to this forum

Postby TheHero » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:07 am

Where are all the people on this official Queen forum? I mean, Queen is a band with millions of fans around the planet, and on this forum there are only me and a couple of other members, and the odd guest now and then popping in to check..

When you consider the fact that Queen is one of the most popular bands in the World, there should have been dozens, or maybe hundreds of people logged in at the same time.. but so is not the case..

This forum feels like a left village, a ghost town that you see in the old western movies..

Something is not right! It should have been full of life in here... do I hear an echo ? :shock:

Have some of you (few remaining) people in here asked yourself that question too ? What happened?

On such a breathless night as this
Upon my brow the lightest kiss
I walked alone
~ Queen II ~

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Something has happened to this forum

Postby icy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:51 am

I have asked myself that question. Speaking personally, I feel pushed out, then again I have more varied interests than I did a year or two year ago.
In less than a year with my first account on the old board I had over 12 thousand posts. I'm slipping these days :o :P.
Kidding aside, like I have mentioned before I miss the old posters, the fun of this place, the camaraderie, it's a damn shame it's not here anymore...for me anyways. I'll always be thankful to most here, past/present through my thick/thin/everything in between, it's been ages since I last felt at "home" here so to speak.
What happened...good question.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Leigh Burne » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:53 am

I haven't been here long, but I admit it seems like it's just the same three or four people commenting all the time. I obviously missed the gold rush when this place was bustling with activity.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Ian-Highlander » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:26 am

Regardless of OUR opinions of the band we know as Queen, you have to face up to the fact that as an active band it's not really existed since 1991. Ok so the "Queen"+PR project was great and got some more interest going and a few people liked the Adam Lambert thing recently but that was never going anywhere big.

The simple fact of the matter is that Queen's fanbase is getting older and older and less and less younger people are interested in them. These days a lot of youngsters have never even heard of Queen and that overall interest in them as anymore than a historic legend is getting rarer.

Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One

There Can Be Only One

I was born with nothing and I've got most of it left...

Postby Starship Trooper » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:28 am

True, dat- and the young 'uns are more likely to discuss stuff on the interwebs, as well. As for meself, I'm not around as often as I used to be, simply because I have lots of other stuff to do offline, and life's too short.

Starship Trooper

Postby icy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:39 am

Ian-Highlander wrote:Regardless of OUR opinions of the band we know as Queen, you have to face up to the fact that as an active band it's not really existed since 1991. Ok so the "Queen"+PR project was great and got some more interest going and a few people liked the Adam Lambert thing recently but that was never going anywhere big.

The simple fact of the matter is that Queen's fanbase is getting older and older and less and less younger people are interested in them. These days a lot of youngsters have never even heard of Queen and that overall interest in them as anymore than a historic legend is getting rarer.

Makes me sad :-(
I do try to get the young kids in my life into the music, my niece adores CLTCL...even though she isn't 3 yet :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby TheHero » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Many good points here..

I have come to a conclusion. I think there are many reasons, and all together they lead to the result.

1. Queen does not listen to their fans when it comes to releasing old live material.
2. Queen is not touring with John. (Not since 1986)
3. Queen has no plans making a studio album with recorded Freddie vocals. 1995 was the year of the last album.

4. Facebook steals 50-70 % of the time people are active on the internet
16,3 million people likes Queen on https://www.facebook.com/Queen

5. Twitter has also stolen time.. https://twitter.com/QueenWillRock

6. We got an anti-climax (for some not) when the tour with Queen +PR and studio album was over.. what else could happen next?

7. Brian and Roger both are busy doing other things than writing new music.

8. The youngsters of today see Queen as an old band, and haven`t got time for message boards like this.
9. The old fans are getting very old, and drop out of the message board each year.
10. The remaining time after spending the day on Facebook, is spent in front of the TV, online newspapers
11. John has left the band completely
12. Other reasons.. +++

Am I right ?

This was today, at 20:20:
6 members online
On such a breathless night as this
Upon my brow the lightest kiss
I walked alone
~ Queen II ~

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby WhiteMouse » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 pm

How many times I read on this forum ill advices "get a life". It looks like quite a lot of users finally did so... not to the forum's benefit as it appeared :P

WhiteMouse

Postby Kes » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:29 am

It's not as active as it used to be for sure.

Nearly two and a half thousand users, of which well over half have either never posted, or have said hello, and apparently f*cked off.

I think you get "that" when exclusive ticket pre-sales get linked to a place. You'll probably find half of that half want the pre-sales, so they can sell them themselves, and aren't Queen fans in the slightest, which is rather ironic given Roger's view on touts, innit?

I think I've said for ages that a limit should be set, and people under 250 posts shouldn't get pre-sales. It would at least sort the men out from the boys, and make the touts (and everybody else too!) have to invest their time to get the goodies.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby icy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:40 am

An annoyance for me on this board no matter how unpopular or popular it is...
when people use the same avvys/usernames or nearly the same as others currently in use. Most are quite original, so I really hate to see it happen at times.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Kes » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:44 am

You mean like the News Of The World sleeve? It DOES get a bit confusing when we've all got SO used to it being associated with fd's posts.

I keep seeing it, and thinking in amazement "Hmmm, fd is actually writing something half sensible about Queen, and not slagging them off!" and then I realise it isn't him. Imagine MY disappointment !!!! :shock:

It goes worse than that, there was an instance not so long back where someone used my exact avvie, and that has cock-all to do with Queen.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby icy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:52 am

Kes wrote:You mean like the News Of The World sleeve? It DOES get a bit confusing when we've all got SO used to it being associated with fd's posts.

It goes worse than that, there was an instance not so long back where someone used my exact avvie, and that has cock-all to do with Queen.

:lol:
Kidding aside~ on the old board when someone used a mean Picard :-( , and used a bit of my *on fire* name :-( ...it's not as if nothing else could be used.
It's really why I asked if it was Rhys Thomas was THE Rhys Thomas earlier, I wasn't expecting his personal info to be posted about, to try to clear the mess I made there.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Kes » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:07 am

On that topic.

The only person, or two people who will know the answer to that one, is Rhys Thomas, and/or whoever the QOL member Rhys Thomas is.

They "might" be one and the same, they "might" not be. You either ask them direct, or monitor the situation and satisfy yourself about their authenticity.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby icy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:15 am

Kes wrote:On that topic.

The only person, or two people who will know the answer to that one, is Rhys Thomas, and/or whoever the QOL member Rhys Thomas is.

They "might" be one and the same, they "might" not be. You either ask them direct, or monitor the situation and satisfy yourself about their authenticity.

I can't argue with that, nor would I want to argue about it. The name took me by surprise, and yes I know there are many who have the same name.
Has anyone involved with the band within the close circle ever post here btw? I know G has and hopefully will continue~admin or not.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Kes » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:24 am

The answer to the last question is yes. The answer to the next question you'd probably ask, is no, and so let's move on.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Next

Return to Fried Chicken