What annoyed you today?... Buskersude's couch!

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: What annoyed you today?... Buskersude's couch!

Postby fairydandy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:57 pm

buskersude wrote:Lol, you never know, I might have already played in your town or city but we just don't know it.*

* that doesn't mean anyone needs to ask where have I played or tell me where they live, cos I'm keeping shtum, and I don't wanna know where you live. TBH if someone said 'Im in London, play Leicester Square" (good example cos f*k playing in London) then I'd be far more likely to avoid playing towns if I know one of you guys might turn up! :P

I'm all for privacy mate, wouldn't dream of asking!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby buskersude » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:15 pm

fairydandy wrote:
buskersude wrote:Lol, you never know, I might have already played in your town or city but we just don't know it.*

* that doesn't mean anyone needs to ask where have I played or tell me where they live, cos I'm keeping shtum, and I don't wanna know where you live. TBH if someone said 'Im in London, play Leicester Square" (good example cos f*k playing in London) then I'd be far more likely to avoid playing towns if I know one of you guys might turn up! :P

I'm all for privacy mate, wouldn't dream of asking!

Well, it was more a general statement to everyone reading. TBH I didn't expect you to ask.
But I appreciate the interest. People have told me for years to go busking, but I never had the courage.
Once I started, a whole new horizon presented itself, and yeah, as you said, it really is a great life.
I know I started this thread with a whinge about a busking incident, but such events don't really get to me, they annoy but they are rare.
Only three times in my 18 months have I faced negativity from passers by. One woman told me to stop begging lol.
One nutty guy (local nutter) shouted You're Shit at me from across the street, and a 12 year old boy said "you can't sing mate'.
To be fair to the boy, my voice was badly in need of warming up and I had chosen the wrong song to open my set, and even moments before he said that, I was thinking to myself that I must sound like crap. :lol:
You can be anything you want to be...

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Postby Lino » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:37 pm

Sometimes you see those crap musicians... sometimes there are those who surprise you. I remember one in Germany (he was american) whose guitar box had this paper in german translating as "a smile delights the heart" and singing songs such as American Pie and many happy songs... and he made my day that was being a bit sad and lonely, and I remember him in the grey days :)

Sometimes it's not just the music or the message, but how you transmit it.
I'm a globetrotter and I'm proud of it!

Lino
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:57 am

Humans and insurance companies. :twisted:

Innuendoes

Postby Elessar » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:09 am

I saw a busker on the South Bank doing a load of Queen covers a while back. He was good. He had a small child on the drums.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby buskersude » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:44 am

Elessar wrote:I saw a busker on the South Bank doing a load of Queen covers a while back. He was good. He had a small child on the drums.

For real?
Or is it some joke about Rufus! :P

I saw something unacceptable last week, a woman was handing out leaflets criticising The British Heart Foundation, but the issue I had was her using her three daughters, all under 10, to help her.
These girls were walking up and down the street, unwatched by mum, talking to strangers and handing out the leaflets.

I felt sorry for the girls. It was a weekday so the girls should have been at school, but you could tell by their clothes, their terrible home-cut hairstyles and their general unwashed state that they are home 'schooled'.
I just don't think kids should be dragged into religious or political affairs, especially by parents who appear to care more about 'issues' than what's best for their own children.
I was going to challenge this woman, but my friend kept me away which is probably just as well.

As for kids busking (apart from under 14s being illegal lol) I'm all for it.
All the time young kids ask mum if they can give me some money, and then dance around at the music till mum gets fed up. I always say to the kids 'tell mummy you want a guitar for your birthday!' :D

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Postby buskersude » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:56 am

Innuendoes wrote:Humans and insurance companies. :twisted:

Insurance companies are designed to be annoying Inny!

I mean come on, take home insurance for instance...
Take out our policy, protect your possessions, pay out silly money every month and then, when you have a problem and you need us, we'll do everything in our power.... To avoid paying out!

As for humans, well you know one or two of those Inny, and that's enough to know that people are just annoying, full stop! :P

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:07 am

buskersude wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Humans and insurance companies. :twisted:

Insurance companies are designed to be annoying Inny!

I mean come on, take home insurance for instance...
Take out our policy, protect your possessions, pay out silly money every month and then, when you have a problem and you need us, we'll do everything in our power.... To avoid paying out!

As for humans, well you know one or two of those Inny, and that's enough to know that people are just annoying, full stop! :P

Government appointed insurance. Refuses to pay for a test for blood sugar levels after the doctor forced me on a med that is notorious for causing diabetes. Yea, that's ok. That's good. I'll just sell more of my belongings to pay for the damn test.

As far as humans, those are the filthy slime that poach - shoot down raptors for fun or kill millions of endangered song birds so people can eat them in restaurants as a delicacy in Malta. And, no, they are not starving for food, there. The people that eat them pay very high prices to do it and no one gives a shit that soon there will be no more. Extinct!

But, hey, it's ok, isn't it? Nobody gives a fuck about the environment or life on this earth except for their friends and family. If 1000s of species go extinct due to man, who gives a shit, right? Just close your eyes and enjoy your meal.

Innuendoes

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:08 am

For some reason, some people always feel the need to lecture me on how stupid my ideas are. :roll:

Innuendoes

Postby Elessar » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:16 pm

99% of every species ever to have existed is now extinct. Scientists are working hard to add ebolavirus to that list (okay okay, viruses aren't really organisms).

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby buskersude » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Elessar wrote:99% of every species ever to have existed is now extinct. Scientists are working hard to add ebolavirus to that list (okay okay, viruses aren't really organisms).

Principle still sound matey!

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Postby buskersude » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Bloody rain, that's what annoyed me yesterday and today. Wall to wall yesterday and on/off today. Enough to make town a ghost town.
Occupational hazard. Guess we all got em.

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Postby icy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Big banking and the :bitch: who with no permission completely drains an account. :twisted:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby CNB » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:47 pm

buskersude wrote:Bloody rain, that's what annoyed me yesterday and today. Wall to wall yesterday and on/off today. Enough to make town a ghost town.
Occupational hazard. Guess we all got em.

What do you do in the winter time with snow and below zero temps? Do you go inside to malls, etc?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby buskersude » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:59 pm

No, there are very very few indoor pitches available. Private property such as shopping centres and squares are usually out of bounds without express permission, which never happens.

Winter is all about taking any and every opportunity to play, try to get in a 45 minute set, find somewhere warm for a cuppa, then when there's feeling back in the fingers, back out again. Repeat as much as possible till about 3:30 pm cos then it gets dark and bloooooody cold!

In warmer times I could manage up to 6 hours per day, but 3 to 4 is my average.
In winter it may only be an hour and a half, but the money seems about equal.
Ok, every place is different in terms of average earnings, but winter does earn more. Which is just as well cos it gets mighty painful at times playing in biting wind lol.

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

PreviousNext

Return to Fried Chicken