What annoyed you today?... Buskersude's couch!

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: What annoyed you today?... Buskersude's couch!

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:16 am

icy wrote:Pokemon Go. Apparently my neighbors like playing it at this hour in my driveway, while being drunk :cop:

People can't play Pokemon Go, standing still and not going anywhere, or playing it in a driveway. Maybe they think they can because they're drunk?

Innuendoes

Postby Ace » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:32 pm

My roof needed some work. Having stripped off the tiles it becomes apparent that it is in a bad state of repair. To be expected, it's over 250 years old. The cost is going to be pretty high given that it is a total replacement. And the work is seeming to take forever due to the rain.

So what has annoyed me? The cost? Not really. The time delay? No.

What annoys me is that the scaffolding is right next to my satalite dish, blocking the signal. And I have no to ariel in the main lounge so all I can watch is ITV.

I crave watching BBC programmes again.

Ace
Spread Your Wings

Tired !!!!!!!!

Postby icy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:42 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
icy wrote:Pokemon Go. Apparently my neighbors like playing it at this hour in my driveway, while being drunk :cop:

People can't play Pokemon Go, standing still and not going anywhere, or playing it in a driveway. Maybe they think they can because they're drunk?

Apparently they were looking for it because they thought one of the 'creatures' could be found in my driveway. Dunno if it was found, but they sure were loud and unpleasant while trying to find them.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby julymorning » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:51 pm

Ace wrote:My roof needed some work. Having stripped off the tiles it becomes apparent that it is in a bad state of repair. To be expected, it's over 250 years old. The cost is going to be pretty high given that it is a total replacement. And the work is seeming to take forever due to the rain.

What annoys me is that the scaffolding is right next to my satalite dish, blocking the signal. And I have no to ariel in the main lounge so all I can watch is ITV.

What kind of roof do you put on a 250 year old home? Clay tile?

I don't think we have many 250 year old homes standing here in the States...very very doubtful. For the less historic homes it is getting popular to replace roofs with coloured steel sheets (Not tin) that have lifetime warranties. I love them but would look ridiculous on a period home, except for maybe a Craftsman.

Hope your roof gets completed by snow-time.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Ace » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:24 pm

julymorning wrote:
Ace wrote:My roof needed some work. Having stripped off the tiles it becomes apparent that it is in a bad state of repair. To be expected, it's over 250 years old. The cost is going to be pretty high given that it is a total replacement. And the work is seeming to take forever due to the rain.

What kind of roof do you put on a 250 year old home? Clay tile?

I don't think we have many 250 year old homes standing here in the States...very very doubtful. For the less historic homes it is getting popular to replace roofs with coloured steel sheets (Not tin) that have lifetime warranties. I love them but would look ridiculous on a period home, except for maybe a Craftsman.

Hope your roof gets completed by snow-time.

They are indeed clay tiles, they are called Roman tiles. The cottage was originally thatched but the thatch was replaced about 150 years ago. It's a shame they didn't replace the timbers as well. There were many handmade nails used on the wooden lattice.

There are thousands of old houses in the UK, lots of old cottages. Someone eventually has to replace the roof and I guess it was my turn. At least we reuse the clay tiles. Just the timers to replace, although we left the original A frames in for decorative purposes.

Ace
Spread Your Wings

Tired !!!!!!!!

Postby julymorning » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:42 am

I love watching House Hunters International when they film in Europe, especially the U.K. or France. Sometimes Greece or Spain. It amazes me that some aren't daunted by renovating those old stone dwellings that are sometimes practically in ruins. The results are always stunning, and you rarely see all the years and frustration getting there, but I guess that's tv for ya! ;)

What building material is your home made of?
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby RynaBelle9*7 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:20 am

So, literally, I am laying on a couch as I type this.

No, really.....

Anyhoo, I am like so getting annoyed with people who exclude others due to race, color, creed, sexuality....so be it..what the fux? Meanwhile, I am category-less! I am a lone wolf. Alone and lonely in my unfortunate plight. Yet, I am supposed to be a role model. I hide myself. I put on a facade, "under pressure," in a world that expects me to be who I project, " pretender", though I crave such a closeness that doesn't exist under the sun. Who should I pretend to be tomorrow? Please, can you help me? Authentically. I need realness...in my fake persona. I portray to just live in this world of plastic. We are so much more than we can ever possibly show. More than our sexuality, more than our physical selves, more than any religion, or definition than human beings could ever possibly design,with their surface meanings of anything that meets the eye........please, define it for me....give me the new definition to continue on with, temporarily....."I want to break free....."

I am getting so tired of this world! Really, I am not one that can be saved with delusion anymore. So how can I otherwise convince myself that it is all worth it, in the end? I can see through it all. All of it, like literally. So tell me, Dr. Buskersude, is there any hope for a person like myself? :?:

"Coz I'm still feeling lonely? Feeling so unholy... This loneliness just won't leave me alone. A faithless path I roam. A silence. This silence I can't bear." Portishead (I totally feel this right now, in this moment) I am a fool! I refuse to be anything else. I want to feel this very moment, right now! Psycho analyze me. Put the flaming torches to my feet.
"I love you for your silence, I love you for your peace, the still and calm releases, that sweep into my soul, that slowly take control." ~Precious Freddie Mercury

RynaBelle9*7
Spread Your Wings

Postby julymorning » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:25 pm

RynaBelle9*7 wrote:So, literally, I am laying on a couch as I type this.

No, really.....

Anyhoo, I am like so getting annoyed with people who exclude others due to race, color, creed, sexuality....so be it..what the fux? Meanwhile, I am category-less! I am a lone wolf. Alone and lonely in my unfortunate plight. Yet, I am supposed to be a role model. I hide myself. I put on a facade, "under pressure," in a world that expects me to be who I project, " pretender", though I crave such a closeness that doesn't exist under the sun. Who should I pretend to be tomorrow? Please, can you help me? Authentically. I need realness...in my fake persona. I portray to just live in this world of plastic. We are so much more than we can ever possibly show. More than our sexuality, more than our physical selves, more than any religion, or definition than human beings could ever possibly design,with their surface meanings of anything that meets the eye........please, define it for me....give me the new definition to continue on with, temporarily....."I want to break free....."

I am getting so tired of this world! Really, I am not one that can be saved with delusion anymore. So how can I otherwise convince myself that it is all worth it, in the end? I can see through it all. All of it, like literally. So tell me, Dr. Buskersude, is there any hope for a person like myself? :?:

"Coz I'm still feeling lonely? Feeling so unholy... This loneliness just won't leave me alone. A faithless path I roam. A silence. This silence I can't bear." Portishead (I totally feel this right now, in this moment) I am a fool! I refuse to be anything else. I want to feel this very moment, right now! Psycho analyze me. Put the flaming torches to my feet.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with just being yourself. Amending character flaws is hard enough without trying to live up to facades.

No one can be saved with delusion. Not for long, anyway.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:11 am

Notice anything?
Attachments
tylenol-sinus-24-hour-convenience-pack-extra-strength-12-8s__37857.1299131873.1280.1280.jpg
tylenol-sinus-24-hour-convenience-pack-extra-strength-12-8s__37857.1299131873.1280.1280.jpg (35.95 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:36 am

No icy - it's too small for me to read the entire thing. Are there 2 types of pills in there or just 1?

Innuendoes

Postby icy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:17 am

Innuendoes wrote:No icy - it's too small for me to read the entire thing. Are there 2 types of pills in there or just 1?

Two types, day and night. Day has 12 pills, night has 8. I took the last night pill a couple nights ago. It annoys me that there isn't an equal amount.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:10 am

Mean people! Who deliberately blocks handicapped people in handicapped carts, then yells at them "Am I blocking you, AGAIN?!?!" in grocery store isles? The woman and her daugher definitely knew they were blocking me and that all I wanted to do was get past them so they just kept on standing there, talking and comparing various foods in more than one isle, while I waited and waited and waited to pass by.

Absolutely no reasn that this woman's cart had to be parked on the opposite side of the isle everywhere she went in the store. Anyone would have had trouble getting past her, let alone someone in one of these cumbersome carts they provide. Then to get yelled at more than once because of it and told I could just go around her.

Well no I couldn't. These carts are incredibly cumbersome and the back bars down near the rear wheels stick out and catch on everything, knocking over end caps and end displays, catch on shelving and everything in between. I told her, after she shouted at me to just go past her, that the cart was not maneuverable in the way someone walking with no cart of any kind, was. That didn't faze her, either. She just became more belligerent. Bitch!

And that hurt a lot, too. I fully expect as violent as people seem to be getting, that one day someone is going to knock me over the head with a ball bat or something, just because I am using one of those damned carts. I despise them but there is no other way to go get my food anymore. :-(

Innuendoes

Postby julymorning » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:05 pm

^^^^That sucks big time, Inny. I'm sorry you were treated this way. And I hate that you have to depend on the carts. People are like this to other customers on foot, too, I go through it almost every trip! Grocery aisles and other stores put their aisles too darn close together to accomodate (sp, screw it) two way push cart traffic, let alone riding carts. Especially when people don't bother leaving them out of the way do like you said, stand there yakking it up and ignoring the backed up traffic.

It's the head up the ass syndrome I complain about so much.

Would you qualify for home health care? I can't tell you how much I appreciate having it. Social Security pays for it. Shopping is one of the things attendants can get paid for. Though since mine is a guy, I am not about to turn over some kind of a list with any hope at all the correct stuff will be brought back. :lol: The help I get is carrying packages, and making sure I don't kill myself somehow while I'm out.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:00 pm

julymorning wrote:^^^^That sucks big time, Inny. I'm sorry you were treated this way. And I hate that you have to depend on the carts. People are like this to other customers on foot, too, I go through it almost every trip! Grocery aisles and other stores put their aisles too darn close together to accomodate (sp, screw it) two way push cart traffic, let alone riding carts. Especially when people don't bother leaving them out of the way do like you said, stand there yakking it up and ignoring the backed up traffic.

It's the head up the ass syndrome I complain about so much.

Would you qualify for home health care? I can't tell you how much I appreciate having it. Social Security pays for it. Shopping is one of the things attendants can get paid for. Though since mine is a guy, I am not about to turn over some kind of a list with any hope at all the correct stuff will be brought back. :lol: The help I get is carrying packages, and making sure I don't kill myself somehow while I'm out.

This store we freqent has wide enough isles for 2 carts to pass through, easily. It's when someone stops in the middle of the isle and steps away from the cart to the other side of the isle that causes the isle to be blocked. If a person was walking to get through they could do it. Pushing a cart through would be impossible, let alone driving one of these handicapped carts which are wider at the rear due to the bars near the rear wheels. I don't even kno why they put them there or make them stick out so far in the first place. I have really bad trouble with the ones at the mall because mall stores have only enough room for 1 person to go through displays at a time and the carts do get hung up on everything in there. There are a lot of little shops I'd like to go into but can't navigate around their displays because they're just too close together.

But, this was the grocery store with wide isles and the woman knew she was blocking the isle to anyone. And when a person is standing over someone who is sitting much lower than them, I think they think they have power over the person who is lower down.

My ex sister in law is over 6 foot tall. She used to wear her 3 or 4 inch heels everywhere she went, other than in her restaurant/bar and would laugh and tell me she wore the heels to make herself even taller because it intimidated people and she liked doing that. Needless to say, we did not get along very well.

As far as home health aides are concerned, I think I qualify for that but I do not even want to go there due to the fact there are 2 other people in this house and the one, the ex husband, owns this house. He would not look kindly on this in any way and would genuinely be pissed off if I had someone coming in the house all the time. He's extremely anti-social and wants nothing to do with other people.

When I go to the store my son is almost always there, somewhere in the store. This is why we carry our phones with us wherever we go so we can communicate because he usually is doing his own thing while I am doing mine. I would rather him than a home care aide, anyway. I think!

Unless we sneak out when the ex is in STL, the ex is usually inside the store but I never call him for help. Pftttt on him. He keeps an eye on me like you would not believe. He is so terrified some man is going to walk up and talk to me and he won't have it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Innuendoes

Postby julymorning » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:09 pm

Here, and I don't know if all the agencies do this, I called the one I use because they advertised you can get someone you know, or a relative, paid to help you. A form has to be filled out that isn't too detailed, and you have to run a criminal background check on them, but even then I see where they can still be accepted as your attendent, I guess it depends on the criminal background. The thing pertinent to your circumstances, I don't know what the requirements are if the person you want paid to help you lives in your house. If your son is already there.....but I can just see your ex demanding part if not all the pay check, which is direct deposited to either a bank account or debit card that belongs to the attendent(person helping you).

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Fried Chicken