How much do you drink?

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

How much do you drink?

Postby fairydandy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Now, be honest.

I'm thinking of cutting down now. I drink two glasses of red wine a night, for 4-5 times week. I don't know why, I don't get pissed, I just like it! It's becoming a habit though...and there is such conflicting advice out there. :?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Re: How much do you drink?

Postby The Milkman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:57 pm

fairydandy wrote:Now, be honest.

I'm thinking of cutting down now. I drink two glasses of red wine a night, for 4-5 times week. I don't know why, I don't get pissed, I just like it! It's becoming a habit though...and there is such conflicting advice out there. :?

My partner drinks two glasses a night and I only drink when we go out. This week when we were in Columbia I had four glasses of wine, one gin and tonic, and four beers. I felt like shit the next day because I don't drink as often as I used to.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:06 pm

The Milkman wrote:My partner drinks two glasses a night and I only drink when we go out. This week when we were in Columbia I had four glasses of wine, one gin and tonic, and four beers. I felt like shit the next day because I don't drink as often as I used to.

As a youngster, I got outrageously drunk on nights out...and even as a not-so-youngster on the QOL meet-ups, I have been literally legless. :P I feel more confident after a drink, I am quite reserved otherwise, so that's my excuse.

I remember being at the Queen concert in Milton Keynes with a dreadful, dreadful headache caused by a hangover as we got ludicrously pissed on the coach journey. :lol: It seemed to be the way for youngsters back then, think that might have changed these days, or maybe not?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:12 pm

Depends on so much. Two drunks in a couple of days just very recently, I'm ashamed of that.
fd, you are so right about the conflicting advice out there.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Erin » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:41 am

Barely.. If I do, it's some fruity cocktail.

Erin
The Show Must Go On

Postby YAFF » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:26 am

I try to limit my whiskey imbibing to the weekend...unless I can't sleep. It's a terrible sleep aid though :lol:
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby Elessar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:27 am

I'll usually drink if I'm not working the next day; and I'll drink to excess if I wasn't working during the day, otherwise I'm just too tired.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby HoopDiddyDiddy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:25 pm

The nightly drinking of my 20's and 30's has given way to a more measured approach as I have aged.
I remember in my 30's regularly waking up and going into the kitchen to see what I had cooked for dinner the night before as I had no memory of it. And yes, I'm a damn fine cook while wasted.
But now I find that not only do I need a free night to drink much but I need the next day to be free as well because I will feel like crap and I'm not willing to sacrifice a free day to vomit and a head ache.
So not very much.

HoopDiddyDiddy
Spread Your Wings

... joyful noise!

Postby voodoogirl » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Haven't had a drink since April 2010. Can't say I miss the hangovers.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby action » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:37 pm

on the top of my alcohol consumption, i used to drink one heavy beer, every day. needless to say my body weight went up.

then it went to one can of beer, every day. was glad with that achievment, but there was still a lot of work to do.

then, it was one can of beer, every two days until i felt comfortable with it.

i am now at a point where i drink only one can of beer, all week days combined, and then one on saturday, one on sunday. so that's three cans over a period of 7 days. still not satisfied though, it's still too much of a "need". I'm feeling very much like an addict, since i still can't stand the urge, how little my consumption may be.

i want to reach a level where i only drink in the weekends, and limit it to one can of beer per day, so an amount of 2 cans over a period of 7 days. when i achieve that, i wont call myself an addict anymore.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, muss man schweigen.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I want the truth

Postby WeeMann » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:26 pm

When we're gigging I tend to drink about 4 or 5 pints of ale across the evening (assuming I'm not driving), although I'll drink less if it's a Wednesday or Thursday evening.

Otherwise I tend to have a bottle of wine on a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening. I'm looking to cut back as my weight is higher than it should be and I'm convinced the alcohol is a large part of that.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby action » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:35 pm

WeeMann wrote:When we're gigging I tend to drink about 4 or 5 pints of ale across the evening (assuming I'm not driving), although I'll drink less if it's a Wednesday or Thursday evening.

Otherwise I tend to have a bottle of wine on a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening. I'm looking to cut back as my weight is higher than it should be and I'm convinced the alcohol is a large part of that.

nobody gives a fuck , you C-lister :P

your signature :lol:
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, muss man schweigen.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I want the truth

Postby WeeMann » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:38 pm

action wrote:
WeeMann wrote:When we're gigging I tend to drink about 4 or 5 pints of ale across the evening (assuming I'm not driving), although I'll drink less if it's a Wednesday or Thursday evening.

nobody gives a fuck , you C-lister :P

your signature :lol:

Fuck off you Belgian Twat! :lol:
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby Tarkus » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:29 pm

I don't drink any alcohol any more. Not because my diet forbids it- it doesn't- but because if I do indulge, it might affect my judgement and I may end up eating something I shouldn't. I don't miss it.
Forks Over Knives!

"Raging in thought, mouthless, the millions obey; so call off your dogs, you preachers of what we can say."- Silent Nation, Asia.

Tarkus
The Show Must Go On

Citizen of the Silent Nation

Postby buskersude » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:42 pm

I've never been a drinker. I'll have a social tipple if its called for, but alcohol is not my cup of tea, so to speak.
I hate being drunk (I was young once!) and don't enjoy the taste of most alcoholic drinks so there's not a great deal of attraction to it for me.

Admittedly, on the meet up, should it happen, the beverages will help create a relaxed atmos for us, before we go watch a couple of masters and some bloke*. :lol:

* its just a joke, so no bloomin discussions please! :P
You can be anything you want to be...

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Next

Return to Fried Chicken