Fight Club

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: Fight Club

Postby Simon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:46 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
Montavilla wrote:I don't like P!nk's first bit

Am I the only one that finds it really annoying that she spells her name with an exclamation point??? I feel like I should pronounce her name as 'pexclaimationpointnk' or something.... :lol:

A rule that fits to all message boards: A post starting with "Am I the only one that" can always be answered with no! :P
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:50 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
I once heard the....dont know what the hell you'd call it. The recording of what Britney was actually singing in a concert, which you normally woudnt hear over the pre-recorded vocal......ouch! :cry: :lol:

Definitely one of the most vacant, talentless, dumb, robotic individuals in music. Ever. Lovely to look at, for sure; but beyond useless. Ugh.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby magicshoes » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:57 pm

I am posting this here because it doesn't technically belong in the Q+AL thread but I don't know where else to put it...

So I went to the archives to have a look around and look what I found:

From fd, posted 11/8/09:

If you're a long time Paul Rodgers fan, but you have no forum of your own, come to Queenonline and talk about Paul here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: does anyone else think it's hysterical that he used the same tactic on the Paul fans as he does on the Adam fans? I legit cackled with laughter.

another interesting thing of note from back then, someone named Cliff posted this about the Queen + Paul Rogers section:

I don't see any problem with it being in the "All About Queen" section, its as much Queen (if not more so because Brian & Roger and working together) as their solo stuff which is discussed in "Living on my own" which is in the "All About Queen".

and later that night JLP moved it to the All About Queen section. No second class citizenship for that thread I guess. :roll:
My Soul is painted like the wings of butterflies

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:07 pm

magicshoes wrote:I am posting this here because it doesn't technically belong in the Q+AL thread but I don't know where else to put it...

From fd, posted 11/8/09:

If you're a long time Paul Rodgers fan, but you have no forum of your own, come to Queenonline and talk about Paul here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: does anyone else think it's hysterical that he used the same tactic on the Paul fans as he does on the Adam fans? I legit cackled with laughter.

another interesting thing of note from back then, someone named Cliff posted this about the Queen + Paul Rogers section:

I don't see any problem with it being in the "All About Queen" section, its as much Queen (if not more so because Brian & Roger and working together) as their solo stuff which is discussed in "Living on my own" which is in the "All About Queen".

and later that night JLP moved it to the All About Queen section. No second class citizenship for that thread I guess. :roll:

Nope, not hysterical, IMO.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:10 pm

magicshoes wrote:I am posting this here because it doesn't technically belong in the Q+AL thread but I don't know where else to put it...

From fd, posted 11/8/09:

:lol: Ridiculous, I know. I made the same point some time back about FD (which I now realise stands for his account on Queenonline: Frequently Deletes...and then returns to spout the same old...yawn...shite). I remember him moaning about QPR and throwing tantrums just like now...

...some things never change. Funny as fuck when you think how utterly ridiculous it is though. :lol:

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby magicshoes » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:20 pm

icy wrote:

From fd, posted 11/8/09:

Nope, not hysterical, IMO.

ok, you're right it's not hysterical...it's pathetic. I stand corrected. :P

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:02 pm

magicshoes wrote:

What are you trying to prove by digging up that from the old board? Proves to me he was welcoming to PR fans. I don't know if PR had his own message board at the time. I know I happily discussed him, and many other topics on the old board. Yes, things were heated, but not even close anything to do with Q+AL. I can say that as I was a part of both boards/discussions.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby magicshoes » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:25 pm

icy wrote:
magicshoes wrote:

What are you trying to prove by digging up that from the old board? Proves to me he was welcoming to PR fans. I don't know if PR had his own message board at the time.

Is that really how you read that post icy? that he was WELCOMING the PR fans?? I mean honestly?

I'm not trying to prove anything btw. Sometimes it's fun to go back and see what people have said in the past, especially if you weren't around at the time.

This gem about the upcoming possibility of a North American tour with Queen +AL from milky is especially entertaining:

If they play here I think they will play the places that did well on the Q+PR tour. I hope they do play here because it will be a big wake up call for Brian. :lol: :lol:

Will they play the same size venues? That depends on if they think the Glamberts outnumber the people who are appalled that their favorite rock band is using a reality TV singer this time around. I predict smaller venues and less than 10 dates here in the US.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wonder if people ever think back on the things they've said and slap themselves in the head for being so wrong?

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:30 pm

icy wrote:
magicshoes wrote:

What are you trying to prove by digging up that from the old board? Proves to me he was welcoming to PR fans. I don't know if PR had his own message board at the time. I know I happily discussed him, and many other topics on the old board. Yes, things were heated, but not even close anything to do with Q+AL. I can say that as I was a part of both boards/discussions.

I was part of those discussions then too. And he moaned just as much about QPR as he does about AL...

...ok, so he is more of a frequent moaner these days, but it is still the same old shit. It has not changed.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:37 pm

magicshoes wrote:
icy wrote:
magicshoes wrote:

What are you trying to prove by digging up that from the old board? Proves to me he was welcoming to PR fans. I don't know if PR had his own message board at the time.

Is that really how you read that post icy? that he was WELCOMING the PR fans?? I mean honestly?

I'm not trying to prove anything btw. Sometimes it's fun to go back and see what people have said in the past, especially if you weren't around at the time.

This gem about the upcoming possibility of a North American tour with Queen +AL from milky is especially entertaining:

If they play here I think they will play the places that did well on the Q+PR tour. I hope they do play here because it will be a big wake up call for Brian. :lol: :lol:

Will they play the same size venues? That depends on if they think the Glamberts outnumber the people who are appalled that their favorite rock band is using a reality TV singer this time around. I predict smaller venues and less than 10 dates here in the US.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wonder if people ever think back on the things they've said and slap themselves in the head for being so wrong?

Come to Queen online and talk about PR here. I'd say that's welcoming. Really.
Isn't Yaff proof views can change? His views have changed, and I hope to be discussing things with him as I've always done. Good for Yaff, I say.
Yes, there are things I've said I wish I could take back, or put differently. What's done is done. I don't think I ever could like the couch or the coronet, but I like Save Me. I'd like to think my views have changed, for the better too.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby JLP » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:17 pm

I have no idea what I moved and or why.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby icy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:21 pm

JLP wrote:I have no idea what I moved and or why.

Apparently, you moved a thread fd posted in. About Q+PR. :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby magicshoes » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:13 am

icy wrote:Come to Queen online and talk about PR here. I'd say that's welcoming. Really.

So is fd also welcoming when he bitches about the Adam fans who he thinks came here just to talk about Adam? I can find you the context of the quote if you actually believe he was welcoming the PR fans here.

Isn't Yaff proof views can change? His views have changed, and I hope to be discussing things with him as I've always done. Good for Yaff, I say.

Of course views can change, did you think I was saying they couldn't? I believe anyone with an open mind can find something new, if they are willing. YAFF is a perfect example of that, so are several others. I also think there is nothing wrong if you never change your mind about something. Like I said, it's sometimes just fun to look back on what people have said in the past.

Yes, there are things I've said I wish I could take back, or put differently. What's done is done. I don't think I ever could like the couch or the coronet, but I like Save Me. I'd like to think my views have changed, for the better too.

There are definitely things I wish I could take back. I'm 100% one of those people who slap themselves in the head over things I've said in the past so that wasn't a judgment on anyone, just an observation.

I wandered into the archives today out of curiosity and found the QPR forum. I thought it interesting that some of the same things said today about Adam and his fans were being said about Paul.

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby magicshoes » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:14 am

you moved the Queen + Paul forum into the All About Queen section of the board because someone said it was part of Queen's history and that's where it belonged and yet you relegated Queen + Adam to Fried Chicken even though I'd dare say the Queen + Adam collaboration has been viewed as more successful overall, both commercially and critically.

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:24 am

magicshoes wrote:

you moved the Queen + Paul forum into the All About Queen section of the board because someone said it was part of Queen's history and that's where it belonged and yet you relegated Queen + Adam to Fried Chicken even though I'd dare say the Queen + Adam collaboration has been viewed as more successful overall, both commercially and critically.

If I moved a complete forum, that would have been after a discussion with G who actually runs the site so I am still unsure what you are inferring. The QAL or inreality the ALchat thread belongs in a chat type forum much like some of the Queen chatthreadsbelong in LOASA.

If I recall I did not become administration on here until after the QPR project finished around 2009.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

PreviousNext

Return to Fried Chicken