I FOUND A PHOTO OF FAIRYDANDY!

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: I FOUND A PHOTO OF FAIRYDANDY!

Postby YAFF » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:09 am

Elessar wrote:
Alright. So the universe required certain conditions to come into existence in the way that it did. You say that logically, before that, there was an unconditioned reality. I accept that if any of the fundamental constants of the universe had been different, the universe too would be very different, but can you prove that there's any way they COULD have been different? In other words, can you prove that they were conditioned, and therefore can you prove that the universe is therefore not the unconditioned reality itself?

I haven't brought up the "fundamental constants" in my argument yet so I'm not sure why you smuggled that it. Seems like a strawman to me. The universe cannot be the UC because the universe had a beginning. It at one time did not exist, which is impossible for the UC. Ex nihilo nihil fit "Out of nothing. nothing comes".

However, "from something, something comes".
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:40 am

Fundamental constants, 'conditions' (a word that is sort of implied by 'unconditioned')...call them what you like.

If time only exists within the universe, the concept of it having a 'beginning' is meaningless, and so the idea of anything before it is equally meaningless. So actually yeah, fine, let's call that meaningless unnecessary non-existent thing God.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:47 pm

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby action » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:Image

we dont need pictures of your old folk banging, capt 8-)
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:01 pm

action wrote:we dont need pictures of your old folk banging, capt 8-)

Ha! That's Elessar [down under] 'sticking it' to YAFF.

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:44 pm

action wrote:

Well, at least its not a pic of capt banging. Or sticking it to...anyone. :crazy:
:lol: :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Elessar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:00 am

As a comparison, 3.14159 is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, and is an incredibly important constant in physics, mathematics, and pretty much every field that uses them. If it had a different value, it would have huge ripple effects across chemistry, biology, engineering and suchlike.

But does that mean it was conditioned to be as such? I'd say no. Maybe pi was always going to be pi. The shape of a circle, by its very nature, defines it as such. Likewise the strength of gravity, of the strong nuclear force, the weak nuclear force, and of electromagnetism, may not be the variables that we sometimes assume they could be. In other words, they could be unconditioned.

Equally they could well be conditioned. I don't know. And neither does YAFF.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby YAFF » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:
action wrote:we dont need pictures of your old folk banging, capt 8-)

Ha! That's Elessar [down under] 'sticking it' to YAFF.

Craptn everyone here know you're too stupid to even understand what Elessar and I are talking about. But, please, continue to embarrass yourself. Oh and wipe your forehead, Some of Elessar's jizz is still there.
Last edited by YAFF on Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Elessar wrote:Fundamental constants, 'conditions' (a word that is sort of implied by 'unconditioned')...call them what you like.

If time only exists within the universe, the concept of it having a 'beginning' is meaningless, and so the idea of anything before it is equally meaningless. So actually yeah, fine, let's call that meaningless unnecessary non-existent thing God.

No you smuggled in a different issue (the fine tuning of the universe) where it does not necessarily belong. You just set up a strawman. Nice try tho. Time had a beginning and that is not meaningless to anyone that actually understands it. I'm starting to think you are considerably overrated for your intelligence here. Anyway, you will notice at no "time" did I speak of a "before time" since that is truly meaningless. Another strawman :roll:

You still haven't proven the non-existence of the UC, while I have proven logically it must exist. Try again. This time actually refer to what I argued.

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:23 pm

icy wrote:
action wrote:

Well, at least its not a pic of capt banging. Or sticking it to...anyone. :crazy:
:lol: :P

You notice that Craptin and Elloser always seem to post at roughly the same time? Either they are the same moronic douchebag or Craptin' is his cheerleader

I found a photo of Craptin

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:25 pm

YAFF wrote:Craptn everyone here know you're too stupid to even understand what Elessar and I are talking about. But, please, continue to embarrass yourself. Oh and wipe your forehead, Some of Elessar's jizz is still there.

Not far off. I marvel at some of Elessar's wisdom and had-to-hand combat when he's delivering those devastating right blows and left uppercuts to your 'arguments'.
You're correct about not understanding your gibberish though :lol:

Elessar, have you tried eating pineapple or cinnamon? This stuff is really salty :-|

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:26 pm

YAFF wrote:I found a photo of Craptin

That is actually giving me the horn :oops: :inlove:

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby Zeistlander » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:

Is that supposed to be a picture of Sailor Moon but heavily sodomised to the point of embarrassment? :biggrin:
What a silly goose!

Zeistlander
Spread Your Wings

Postby YAFF » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:
YAFF wrote:Craptn everyone here know you're too stupid to even understand what Elessar and I are talking about. But, please, continue to embarrass yourself. Oh and wipe your forehead, Some of Elessar's jizz is still there.

Not far off. I marvel at some of Elessar's wisdom and had-to-hand combat when he's delivering those devastating right blows and left uppercuts to your 'arguments'.
You're correct about not understanding your gibberish though :lol:

Since you don't understand my "gibberish" you are not in a position to judge whether Elessar's "wisdom and hand-to-hand combat, when he's delivering those devastating right blows-" have any relevance or impact. Alas, they do not but you already admit you're too stupid to understand all this...yet you continue to ride Elessar's jock. You're choice of words is revealing: "hand-to-hand" and "blows". Both things you'd like to give Elessar. Again, you are not fooling anyone. You and Elessar are either the same douchebag or a plant/friend of Elessar to cheer on his losing argument. Kinda pathetic really.

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:

When one is as hard up, desperate and unattractive as you are just about anything would give you the horn. Especially Elessar. BTW I found a photo of Elessar:

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to Fried Chicken