Radio Stations

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Radio Stations

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:19 am

I was trying to post this to answer you, JLP, and found the topic locked. Thank goodness I was able to copy my text before I backed out of there - or maybe not. :lol: :P

JLP wrote:I own a DAB radio which has internet access so I can access radio stations from all over the place. I was refering to mainstream radio in the UK such as Radio 1, Capital FM and most local commercial stations. The most popular UK station is BBC rADIO 2 which plays music off all genres, including chart hits. Hell they even played Ghost Town a couple of times.

I haven't been in the St Louis area for so long, I have no clue what kinds of stations are there, now. I know there used to be ones that only played 50s music and Motown and that was great stuff to listen to . And then KSHE "Real Rock Radio" which no longer broadcasts as far as I am aware but they played full albums of all the old greats like Hendrix, Queen, too, at times. I know one of the original DJ's from that era and he doesn't really know why Queen wasn't played all that much although I've seen some of their play lists and Queen was on it a lot. They didn't always play full albums but they were the only station to do that. https://www.facebook.com/kshe95/?fref=ts

In Joplin, we had Big Dog 97.9 https://www.facebook.com/BigDog979/ which was about the same thing. I heard Queen being played on there quite a bit.

In Tulsa, we only listened to the old blues station because that's what my husband did as a 2nd means for a living which was being a blues guitarist. That channel may be gone but it was a huge one with a lot of power. Right now I see they've got one I'm not familiar with which is also all blues. https://www.facebook.com/Blues-Power-Ra ... 3/?fref=nf

I can get into any of these stations via the computer and as it is here right now, no radio will access anything other than some bogus talk show bullshit. But I've heard some of the taxi drives playing some really good local stations but they're all stuff that most people on here wouldn't care for. Blues, old rock, R&B - stuff like that which I also like quite a bit.

I can probably access some of your stuff via the net as I know there are people who listen to BBC radio over here in the US but I haven't tried. I usually have my own playlists going on youtube or something I bought on Amazon or old, old live concerts that I've downloaded from this place I was told about on the net. You can even download Hendrix concerts on there. I bet there are Queen concerts on there, too. :shock: I'm gonna go check. :-D

Innuendoes

The Big Q&AL Chat Thread -- Part 2

Postby CNB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:19 am

I own a DAB radio which has internet access so I can access radio stations from all over the place. I was refering to mainstream radio in the UK such as Radio 1, Capital FM and most local commercial stations. The most popular UK station is BBC rADIO 2 which plays music off all genres, including chart hits. Hell they even played Ghost Town a couple of times.

I was just going to respond to this post when the thread was locked. Want to say that when I can't stand hearing the stuff being played on the Top 40 stations, I always switch over to a classic rock station. Top 40 is where all of the platinum selling so-called "successful" artists have their music played because that is what most people want to hear I guess but it is the same shrill and whiny stuff over and over again! Adam's music doesn't fit the cookie cutter pattern and that's why you heard Ghost Town only a couple of times!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Re: Radio Stations

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:21 am

I listen to a few via my radio. Planet Rock, Absolute Radio 70s and Glam FM are my favourites along with the standard ones such as Radio 2.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:24 am

How could I have forgotten, good 'ole KMOD. https://www.facebook.com/97.5KMOD/?fref=ts :lol:

No, THAT was the station to listen to if you were a rocker or a blues man (or woman) :-D Loved it!

Innuendoes

Re: The Big Q&AL Chat Thread -- Part 2

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:29 am

CNB wrote:
I own a DAB radio which has internet access so I can access radio stations from all over the place. I was refering to mainstream radio in the UK such as Radio 1, Capital FM and most local commercial stations. The most popular UK station is BBC rADIO 2 which plays music off all genres, including chart hits. Hell they even played Ghost Town a couple of times.

I was just going to respond to this post when the thread was locked. Want to say that when I can't stand hearing the stuff being played on the Top 40 stations, I always switch over to a classic rock station. Top 40 is where all of the platinum selling so-called "successful" artists have their music played because that is what most people want to hear I guess but it is the same shrill and whiny stuff over and over again! Adam's music doesn't fit the cookie cutter pattern and that's why you heard Ghost Town only a couple of times!

LOL, I just started a music station thread which is right under this one. I'm sure you have seen it by now. :-D Ummmm, now what do we do? lol

Thanks for creating the thread!

Innuendoes

Postby CNB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:34 am

Hi Inny! Yes, I saw that we both started a thread. I was just wading through all of the stuff that got the other thread closed and JLP said to start a new one and, like you, wanted to answer his last post. Great minds? It looks like some people were up all night, but I just got up around 5:30. Have a nice day!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:36 am

JLP wrote:Can we try and stay on topic in this thread? Just to clarify, I will be deleting posts as I see fit. It might not be every single post but most of which went on last night would be erased. If you want to tear lumps out of each other, do it via PM or even better put people on ignore.

If you want to move that radio stuff I posted into here, feel free to do so and delete the thread or maybe put it in Another World but the US stations will be lost, immediately. :lol:

Innuendoes

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:37 am

CNB wrote:Hi Inny! Yes, I saw that we both started a thread. I was just wading through all of the stuff that got the other thread closed and JLP said to start a new one and, like you, wanted to answer his last post. Great minds? It looks like some people were up all night, but I just got up around 5:30. Have a nice day!

I am almost always up all night. My game is out of the UK and resets at 2am, my time. :? :roll: LOL!! 8am, their time, I presume. If you're not there at reset, you lose.

Innuendoes

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:56 am

Innuendoes wrote:
JLP wrote:Can we try and stay on topic in this thread? Just to clarify, I will be deleting posts as I see fit. It might not be every single post but most of which went on last night would be erased. If you want to tear lumps out of each other, do it via PM or even better put people on ignore.

If you want to move that radio stuff I posted into here, feel free to do so and delete the thread or maybe put it in Another World but the US stations will be lost, immediately. :lol:

No reason to move it. Who knows, we might find some new ones to listen to.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby icy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Q107 in Toronto is probably my favorite station of all. I have a long list of radio I listen to, if anyone is interested, I can post it later today.
I listen to radio a lot, to coin a phrase, Radio, someone still loves you.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby icy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:08 pm

CNB wrote:

Are you able to tune in to BBC Radio 2? I'm amazed by the selection of music they play, and the interviews and programmes. Yesterdays Queen programn was amazing, even after all this time, I learned new things about the band.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:35 pm

I do listen to the radio a lot, but I rarely listen to it for music. Mostly I listen to sports talk radio, or maybe a game of some sort...one of the public radio stations here plays BBC World Service at night, I listen to that quite often.

There was a local morning show I listened to religiously for years, Drew and Mike, which was on 101.1 WRIF in Detroit...cancelled a few years ago, I guess the station wanted a younger audience...still miss that, those guys were awesome :(

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Fizzle » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Our selection of stations here locally is crap. There's a top 40 pop station, a Christian station, one classic rock station that plays the same 10 songs over and over, and at least 4 country music stations.

I've had Sirius XM satellite radio for almost two years and I love it.

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Postby Tarkus » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:13 am

Depending on my mood, I either listen to Planet Rock or Classic FM- can't abide commercial crap.

Tarkus

Postby manfromanhatten » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:05 am

www.openboxradio.com
Take a look, have a listen ;)

manfromanhatten
Spread Your Wings

www.openboxradio.com

Return to Fried Chicken