What color is it...

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: What color is it...

Postby icy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:38 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
julymorning wrote:Ok, I'm sure now the color of the hands has nothing to do with it. It must be the color cones each of us has in our eyes.
Those that see them both as grey may have a bit of color blindness, but nothing worthy of concern.

Lets try this. What color eyes do each of us have? I'd be interested to see if that has any bearing. I have blue eyes, and I saw them as WeeMan did, two slightly different colors.

Brown here. I bet if you did a poll like this, you'd see more men saying they're both gray, apparently color blindness is more common among men for some reason.

Brown eyes here too.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby julymorning » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:42 pm

icy wrote:
The__KingOfRhye wrote:
julymorning wrote:Ok, I'm sure now the color of the hands has nothing to do with it. It must be the color cones each of us has in our eyes.
Those that see them both as grey may have a bit of color blindness, but nothing worthy of concern.

Lets try this. What color eyes do each of us have? I'd be interested to see if that has any bearing. I have blue eyes, and I saw them as WeeMan did, two slightly different colors.

Brown here. I bet if you did a poll like this, you'd see more men saying they're both gray, apparently color blindness is more common among men for some reason.

Brown eyes here too.

Interesting, both you and TKOR have brown eyes, and both of you see the pills as gray.

More eye color feedback guys!

ETA: you're correct that more men seem to have some color limitations than women. I'm kind of jazzed about the eye color correlation. I could google it and see if there has been studies, which I'm sure there have been, but I love doing research like this. Always fancied the idea of getting a huge government grant to do research, and I've had plenty of great subject matter to run studies on. But I'd never in a million years have the qualifications to do something like that.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Montavilla » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:36 am

Sorry to poke a hole in your theory, but my eyes are brown and I see the pills as blue and red.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:53 am

Montavilla wrote:Sorry to poke a hole in your theory, but my eyes are brown and I see the pills as blue and red.

I knew someone was going to say that. Like any good researcher, I should have kept silent about my theory until all the findings were in.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:57 am

julymorning wrote:
Montavilla wrote:Sorry to poke a hole in your theory, but my eyes are brown and I see the pills as blue and red.

I knew someone was going to say that. Like any good researcher, I should have kept silent about my theory until all the findings were in.

AHA! I am not the first person to ask the question. And there is a little basis in my theory, but only in that blue eyes, or lighter colored eyes, let more light in than darker, brown eyes. That has something to do with how color is perceived. Further articles got too technical for me to follow.
Do brown eyes see better than blue? | Quarks,...
eccentricscientist.wordpress.com/2007/03/02/do.
Last edited by julymorning on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:58 am

^^^^You'll probably have to copy and paste that source in your search bar, I couldn't get a good link.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby magicshoes » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:45 pm

green eyes here.

blue eyes, or lighter colored eyes, let more light in than darker, brown eyes

This is true. The sun kills my eyes but it has almost no effect on my brown eyed sister or daughter. They can go without sunglasses without a problem whereas I must wear them in order to see outside.
My Soul is painted like the wings of butterflies

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby Tarkus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:19 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:

Blue eyes here, and I see both pills as grey- and I'm not colourblind- I've been tested many many times, especially when I was training to be a telecommunications engineer- if you're colourblind you can't get the job.

Tarkus

Postby Fizzle » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:24 am

magicshoes wrote:green eyes here.

blue eyes, or lighter colored eyes, let more light in than darker, brown eyes

This is true. The sun kills my eyes but it has almost no effect on my brown eyed sister or daughter. They can go without sunglasses without a problem whereas I must wear them in order to see outside.

I have an awful time on sunny days. I can barely keep my eyes open sometimes.

I have blue eyes.

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Previous

Return to Fried Chicken