Do you have many *good* friends? No, really...

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Do you have many *good* friends? No, really...

Postby P.T » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Seriously though, how many GOOD friends do you have? I don't mean mates you see when you're at the pub. I mean, good friends as in people you can count on. People who turn up to things you invite them to. People who pass by your house and knock because they were passing by your house, so they might as well come in for a cup of tea. People who don't let you down. People you consider yourself actually close to.

I will be honest. I have lots and lots of mates. A lot of people like me. But I think the number of people I'd consider actual friends is probably less than five. And close friends...none. But I don't mind! I don't like to get too close to people :)

#fairydandymodeoff

P.T
We Will Rock You

I know who put the bodies in the wishing well

Re: Do you have many *good* friends? No, really...

Postby fairydandy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:29 pm

None.

It's not even that I'm anti-social or unfriendly, not at all, I'm just a bit odd, I guess. I should try to change maybe.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Ace » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18 pm

fairydandy wrote:None.

It's not even that I'm anti-social or unfriendly, not at all, I'm just a bit odd, I guess. I should try to change maybe.

I've only met you a couple of times but I wouldn't say you are odd at all. You seemed quite normal to me. Now Loretta.....he's odd. Love him to bits though. He comes and stays occasionally, goes to our local in his nail varnish although I've banned him from wearing a dress. He's quite famous in our village.

My best friend died last year. I know men don't have best friends but he was a great guy.

Real friends are the ones who you can dip in and out of. I've got some good mates, two or three who I'd trust implicitly. My family are also my friends.

Ace
Spread Your Wings

Tired !!!!!!!!

Postby icy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:40 am

None.
I do want friends, and I thought I was growing closer to a man I was getting to know, but sometimes female and male friendships can be tricky as I found out.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby action » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:49 am

Last edited by action on Tue May 09, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby fairydandy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Ace wrote:
I've only met you a couple of times but I wouldn't say you are odd at all. You seemed quite normal to me. Now Loretta.....he's odd. Love him to bits though. He comes and stays occasionally, goes to our local in his nail varnish although I've banned him from wearing a dress. He's quite famous in our village.

My best friend died last year. I know men don't have best friends but he was a great guy.

Real friends are the ones who you can dip in and out of. I've got some good mates, two or three who I'd trust implicitly. My family are also my friends.

Thanks. I'm not saying I'm odd, as in eccentric, or quirky, or anything like that. I'm quite 'normal' in company, sociable even...but then I come back to my own little world, a world that is full of, well full of just 'me' really. Increasingly I find that I need people less and less and I never needed them much before, or maybe I actually need them more than ever.

When the dice were cast
They laid a crazy path we follow to our graves
But I know in different world
We journey a different way

That song just makes me feel so sad!!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Oret » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:56 pm

I don't think I have friends like that... We seem to be quite antisocial. :P

There are some people I can share amost everything with, and one person with whom I can tell my deepest and darkest secrets... I guess that's as close to friendship as I have. :?

Oret
Spread Your Wings

Postby Loretta » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:08 am

Ace wrote:
fairydandy wrote:None.

You are NOT dipping in and out of me.

Not without buying me dinner first.

Loretta
We Will Rock You

Return to Fried Chicken