who's on the photo?

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: who's on the photo?

Postby fairydandy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:11 pm

Elessar wrote:
fairydandy wrote:No 17 and final meet, I think.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2814

I think that's the one you got me front row seats for!

Possibly! I don't know, after some 88 shows in about 8 countries, it gets a bit of a blur. :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:15 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Elessar wrote:
fairydandy wrote:No 17 and final meet, I think.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2814

I think that's the one you got me front row seats for!

Possibly! I don't know, after some 88 shows in about 8 countries, it gets a bit of a blur. :P

There was another one in a September that was pretty much just you, me and PT. Must have been a Freddie birthday. 2011? Even Brian and Roger didn't bother turning up. They almost always turn up when Elessar is in the audience!
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Elessar wrote:
There was another one in a September that was pretty much just you, me and PT. Must have been a Freddie birthday. 2011? Even Brian and Roger didn't bother turning up. They almost always turn up when Elessar is in the audience!

I remember it, but not the date. The best show was Fred's 60th, the one when McFly finished DSMN!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:22 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Elessar wrote:

I remember it, but not the date. The best show was Fred's 60th, the one when McFly finished DSMN!

I forgot that that happened!
Yes, I was there. I think Brian and Roger played Love Of My Life and The Show Must Go On at the end.
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:24 pm

Elessar wrote:
fairydandy wrote:
Elessar wrote:

Yes, I was there. I think Brian and Roger played Love Of My Life and The Show Must Go On at the end.

It's on YouTube. McFly sound awful, but the atmosphere at the time was fantastic...
https://youtu.be/bEHaQe2wfhg

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby the great pretender » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:30 pm

I'm not on the lists for 16 & 17 so not sure it was either of them, my wife came along

the great pretender
Spread Your Wings

Postby the great pretender » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Fd. I remember you being there and I think you were in the front row and may have even gave the cast a little something....but I may have dreamed that last bit up
Last edited by the great pretender on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the great pretender
Spread Your Wings

Postby Sir Didymus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:33 pm

fairydandy wrote:
the great pretender wrote:i do you remember you kes, sir didymus andone or two others, hugo's bar think

Not Dids, he never went to a London meet I don't think. Yes, it was Hugo's, before they cut it in half!

Quite right, fd. In the early days I couldn't really 'get' to London, and in the later days they were always centred around WWRY. There were a few times where I'd have shown my face at the pub bit if not the show, but it was always within days of another trip to London for me, so I always juuuuust missed it.

There were a couple of times QOLers were in Manchester, though - including yourself when you were off to see Q+PR and I already had tickets for Steve Coogan before it was announced. I remember you trying to convince me to jack it off and go see Q+PR again! Haha!

The best Manc meet was probably on JLP's birthday on Canal St - I think that's the only time I've ever met a fair few familiar faces. Haven't seen anyone from QOL in years now - ALMOST caught Elessar in Brixton the other weekend but missed him, sadly... before that, probably Loretta in Putney a few years ago, when we got drunk with I Am Kloot frontman John Bramwell. :lol:
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby the great pretender » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:40 pm

ooops, my bad, i'm certain it was a QOL thing as opposed to a wwry one

the great pretender
Spread Your Wings

Postby P.T » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:02 am

fairydandy wrote:
Elessar wrote:
fairydandy wrote:I remember it, but not the date. The best show was Fred's 60th, the one when McFly finished DSMN!

It's on YouTube. McFly sound awful, but the atmosphere at the time was fantastic...
https://youtu.be/bEHaQe2wfhg

Was this the 'tea party' event?

The last one I turned up to looking like something out of a kung-fu movie, with a silly bandana around my head. I remember going to the pub opposite the Dominion rather than the St. Giles bar for some reason.

I think me and fd (and probably Elessar?) also went for dinner at a restaurant nearby before the show. I said I'd owe you a drink because you very kindly paid for our dinner fd....If we get a chance to meet again... :P

P.T
We Will Rock You

I know who put the bodies in the wishing well

Postby JLP » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:48 am

Sir Didymus wrote:
fairydandy wrote:
the great pretender wrote:i do you remember you kes, sir didymus andone or two others, hugo's bar think

Not Dids, he never went to a London meet I don't think. Yes, it was Hugo's, before they cut it in half!

Quite right, fd. In the early days I couldn't really 'get' to London, and in the later days they were always centred around WWRY. There were a few times where I'd have shown my face at the pub bit if not the show, but it was always within days of another trip to London for me, so I always juuuuust missed it.

There were a couple of times QOLers were in Manchester, though - including yourself when you were off to see Q+PR and I already had tickets for Steve Coogan before it was announced. I remember you trying to convince me to jack it off and go see Q+PR again! Haha!

The best Manc meet was probably on JLP's birthday on Canal St - I think that's the only time I've ever met a fair few familiar faces. Haven't seen anyone from QOL in years now - ALMOST caught Elessar in Brixton the other weekend but missed him, sadly... before that, probably Loretta in Putney a few years ago, when we got drunk with I Am Kloot frontman John Bramwell. :lol:

That one down Canal Street was great.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Kes » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Can't honestly say I remember a great deal about it, apart from the first pub with the squelchy carpets.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:31 pm

P.T wrote:
Was this the 'tea party' event?

The last one I turned up to looking like something out of a kung-fu movie, with a silly bandana around my head. I remember going to the pub opposite the Dominion rather than the St. Giles bar for some reason.

I think me and fd (and probably Elessar?) also went for dinner at a restaurant nearby before the show. I said I'd owe you a drink because you very kindly paid for our dinner fd....If we get a chance to meet again... :P

You were there at an early meet up, possibly 2005, something like that. Dusty, Champs, Garfy, Mags, even a very young Henry was there too. I have a photo of you holding that damned blue elephant. :roll:

Then you were there with that mate of yours, think that was in the QPR era, about 2006 and there was two distinct meet ups then, because the board was at war.... :P

Then there was the meet up when we walked over the The Tottenham bar to get something to eat...and you're welcome, you owe me nothing. :P Will we ever meet again? Possible, but increasingly unlikely, I think.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Maybe the premiere for the movie "Bohemian Rhapsody", who knows?
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:26 am

Fuck this picture. I see nobody that I know. Trashy and I should have been the starz during this period of time. She just wouldn't commit...cuz she was a Brit!
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

QOL'er in Black

PreviousNext

Return to Fried Chicken