I don't understand!

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: I don't understand!

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:44 am

fairydandy wrote:
The__KingOfRhye wrote:
But you rarely listen to Queen these days? Hell, I listen to them damn near every day! :D

Well, strangely, I listened to Flash Gordon in the car today. It was fantastic, from start to finish! ;) I don't recall hearing the words 'who wants to live forever' in the dialogue before though! I wonder if Brian had that written at that stage, or if the film inspired the song later?

phpBB [video]

I'll just say that whenever I feel like I need a song or two to pick me up, make me feel like I'm ready to take on the world, and so forth....Vultan's Theme into Battle Theme. If that doesn't get me going, I'm beyond help.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Re: I don't understand!

Postby Kes » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 am

I don't think the dialogue in the film was particularly influenced by Queen in any manner, shape or form.

I think the film was pretty much completely shot, but not necessarily edited, when the band started putting music to it.

Similar case in the recording for the Highlander soundtrack. They based their songwriting around the rushes of the movie they'd seen, and then got their songs fucked about by how those scenes were then dropped into the final movie.

In this case, I think it's a total coincidence, that the line is in both movies. Brian was completely inspired to write WWTLF from the concept of seeing Highlander clips of Heather growing old, while MacLeod stayed a young man.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Previous

Return to Fried Chicken