Is there a boycott?

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Is there a boycott?

Postby Ace » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:19 am

Not much being posted of late. Is there a current boycott or is everyone just getting on with their live's.

Ace
Spread Your Wings

Tired !!!!!!!!

Re: Is there a boycott?

Postby fairydandy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:50 am

I don't think there is a boycott. It has to be said though, it's all been said now. We've been through all of the stages and the only one left is for the board to die. :?

It's a shame really, 'cos there are more posters on this site than just the few who read the usual sections. A radical overhaul is needed, we have far too many sections for this stage in the history of the board. We won't get an overhaul though, 'cos no one dare change anything. :roll:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Ace » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:10 am

The Queen sections of the board seem to be popular but given I've been on this board for 13 years there's not much I have left to say. On this basis, most of my posts will tend to be about current affairs. However, the Trump stuff now bores me (although I know it's important to our American friends) and we've done Brexit to death.

I think you are right, there are too many sections, many they should be cut down a bit.

Ace
Spread Your Wings

Tired !!!!!!!!

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:17 pm

I have my go-to places to discuss Queen [and other topics with music lovers], that this place simply cannot compete with.

96.8 % of Sebastian's posts are informative, insightful and humorous. If you're lucky, the crazy bird will sometimes interject with his nonsense, only for Seb to bash his feathers with his statiSticks. Always a giggle.

Sir. Didybrush still has that infectious enthusiasm for the band that we've all felt at some point. He puts in a lot of effort with suggestions and ideas for releases that actually make sense.

Anything else?

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Boycott for the most part!
Yeah, I'm lost in the night
The icy wind is howling out your name
The moon has gone behind the cloud again
And I can't stand to live another day
'Cause my bluebird went away

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby Ace » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:42 pm

I noticed a 'goodbye cruel world' thread that Action started yesterday but it's gone now so clearly something was said in it that was not allowed.

It's a shame we don't seem to be able to discuss current affairs without someone taking offence but then that's the nature of such boards.

Oh well. No one leaves here for good. They all come back sooner or later.

Ace
Spread Your Wings

Tired !!!!!!!!

Postby fairydandy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Innuendoes wrote:Boycott for the most part!

For what reason and what is it you want to achieve? Not knocking it, just wondering?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:55 pm

I didn't see that thread of action's so I have no clue what was said by whom or to whom.

Sure I come back but not like I did. There's a couple of very good reasons for that, too, but I will not say them on this board.

I guess for me, this place was the 1st place outside of AOL that I met people and talked. When we got our first computer, I think there were 3 services. AOL, Prodigy and Compuserve, or some such other places, other than AOL. That was 1994 or 1995 - a lifetime ago. I found this place and I got to know people here and we had fun. There were a few that I didn't get along with but that will always happen no matter where one goes.

But this place was like going home and much different than an entire huge website with groups and chats, schedules and such. I used to think I could always go home if I needed to, even for just a little while. That is meant to mean, my real home - the home I grew up in. Well home is gone and now this place has turned inside out so it's like being out in the rain and lost in the dark. :?

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:56 pm

fairydandy wrote:

For what reason and what is it you want to achieve? Not knocking it, just wondering?

Censorship and threats. Now my account will be deleted. :P :shock:

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:00 pm

Ace wrote:Not much being posted of late. Is there a current boycott or is everyone just getting on with their live's.

I think it is a mixture of things: the site has been dying a slow death for a while now anyway; also, I can think of two/three people off the top of my head who do not wish to post on here any longer because of the way it is being moderated. Real shame. But there it is.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Tarkus » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Ace wrote:I noticed a 'goodbye cruel world' thread that Action started yesterday but it's gone now so clearly something was said in it that was not allowed.

It's a shame we don't seem to be able to discuss current affairs without someone taking offence but then that's the nature of such boards.

Oh well. No one leaves here for good. They all come back sooner or later.

Well, I don't know what the hell was said to cause so much upset- all I saw was action's post, and I replied to it- then the thread got pulled, and I noticed some ugly stuff being stamped down on in ITTWWC, which may have been something to do with it, I don't know. I don't think anything I said had any cause for the thread-pull, and I got no PMs or snotagrams to that effect, and I'm buggered if I could see anything in action's post that could have provoked same- so in my case, this is a semi-boycott. There's something going on here below the surface that I'm not happy with, and as long as it stays there, I'm keeping my distance. Some parties may well see this as cause for celebration, but to be this is the death-knell of the board.

Now I wonder how long it'll take for this thread to get pulled...

Tarkus

Postby icy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Same.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby fairydandy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Exciting stuff! Ok, the next step is to have a vote of no confidence in the moderating team. ;)

JLP needs to go, I said that weeks ago. He's been bullying Inny, Ice and CNB and generally pointing the finger of racism to anything that moves.

WeeMann, not too bad, but a little bit intolerant and comes across as very arrogant at times.

Kes, quite inoffensive really, he should stay.

Let's slam the fuck out of them for a few days, then we can post the vote topic. :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:22 pm

If you don't like the way it's being run or moderated, then be on your way. No biggie really. Set up your own message board or find a new one that embraces your melodramatic, self-centredness . To have some emotional meltdown over a fookin' message board or to threaten it with boycotting is just ridiculous. Funny though.

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:25 pm

fairydandy wrote:Exciting stuff! Ok, the next step is to have a vote of no confidence in the moderating team. ;)

JLP needs to go, I said that weeks ago. He's been bullying Inny, Ice and CNB and generally pointing the finger of racism to anything that moves.

WeeMann, not too bad, but a little bit intolerant and comes across as very arrogant at times.

Kes, quite inoffensive really, he should stay.

Let's slam the fuck out of them for a few days, then we can post the vote topic. :P

If the above is true then I would like to buy JLP a beer :cheers:

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Next

Return to Fried Chicken