hello?

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: hello?

Postby YAFF » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:12 pm

I've come to the realization that I'm now just a Freddie Mercury fan rather than a fan of the band as a whole. I feel they have disgraced themselves for 20 years now. I don't even like telling people "Queen is my favorite band" anymore. I tell people Freddie Mercury is my favorite singer instead. The other three were just his backing band. They just helped Freddie do his thang. Their billing should have been Freddie Mercury + Queen (tongue-in-cheek)

Some of their post Freddie activities may have been successful (especially the farcical Queen + Lamberace tours) but they really ceased being a creative unit with the horrendous "The Cosmos Rocks" album. They stopped being a good creative unit with "Made In Heaven".

I don't care how many shows they sell out Adam Lambert will remain a bad joke to me and a cause for embarrassment. No matter how hard I've tried I still find his voice just as off-putting as ever and his stage antics full of hubris. But don't worry Brian & Roger you may have lost me but you gained CNB! A huge fan upgrade!
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:43 pm

I will never think of Brian, Roger and John as Freddie's backing band. IMO, all the members of the band made it what it was...and why it lasts. Queen were litreally a force of nature and it took all four of them to achieve what they did. For that, I'm pretty thankful. Queen's music and their guts have saved my life a couple of times...maybe why I'm still so passionate and invested about the band.
Spoiler! :
Yaff, you have been one of the kindest people here in the past few years to me. I know I've said it privately before,
but I will say it here too. Thanks more than you'll ever know.

*Crawls back under my rock*
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby YAFF » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:06 pm

icy wrote:I will never think of Brian, Roger and John as Freddie's backing band. IMO, all the members of the band made it what it was...and why it lasts. Queen were litreally a force of nature and it took all four of them to achieve what they did. For that, I'm pretty thankful. Queen's music and their guts have saved my life a couple of times...maybe why I'm still so passionate and invested about the band.
Spoiler! :
Yaff, you have been one of the kindest people here in the past few years to me. I know I've said it privately before,

To be honest my dear Icy you're right about the band being important as a whole. My tongue was deep in my cheek when I called them Freddie's backup band. :P
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:34 pm

YAFF wrote:
icy wrote:I will never think of Brian, Roger and John as Freddie's backing band. IMO, all the members of the band made it what it was...and why it lasts. Queen were litreally a force of nature and it took all four of them to achieve what they did. For that, I'm pretty thankful. Queen's music and their guts have saved my life a couple of times...maybe why I'm still so passionate and invested about the band.
Spoiler! :

To be honest my dear Icy you're right about the band being important as a whole. My tongue was deep in my cheek when I called them Freddie's backup band. :P

Your tongue deep in your cheek went right over my head :lol:
Apologies for that :)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby statoil^ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:39 pm

.... Hello

statoil^
Spread Your Wings

Postby Anna » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:27 pm

I often wonder what Freddie would think about Queen of today. Would he be surprised? Happy? Shocked? I know he wanted Queen to continue. What would he think about the music? Adam Lambert? Would he be sad that John Deacon isn't participating anymore? Would he be stunned to know he is stilled mourned and loved so after 25+ years?
Just wondering.....

Anna
Spread Your Wings

Postby Broooklyn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:34 pm

Anna wrote:I often wonder what Freddie would think about Queen of today. Would he be surprised? Happy? Shocked? I know he wanted Queen to continue. What would he think about the music? Adam Lambert? Would he be sad that John Deacon isn't participating anymore? Would he be stunned to know he is stilled mourned and loved so after 25+ years?
Just wondering.....

He stated in a couple of interviews that when he was gone, he would not give a shit. I believe him.
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

QOL'er in Black

Postby Anna » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:09 am

This is true. It's also true that his public persona was very different from the private one. Just as he was larger than life on stage, he was shy away from the public eye. I think deep down he gave a shit.....a little shit anyway. He always said he would never "make old bones."

Anna
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Fried Chicken