Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays

Postby Sole Survivor » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:01 am

Thankfully, things have taken a turn for the better. I've been battling pneumonia on and off for over 3 months now, and so far (touch wood), it's at a level where I can engage with the outside world once more. As of today, I've been back at work for four days, and I got a heroes' welcome when I made it through the office door. Hopefully now I'm in a more normal routine, I'll get steadily stronger, and I already have a chest x-ray (for the pneumonia) and a full check-up for my heart to go through in the next couple of months. I had such a wonderful adventure last year, going with my wife to see her family, that I hope I'll be well enough to travel there again in the summer- the tickets were booked last year before any of this happened, and it looked for a while that I may have to give it a miss, but I'm now more optimistic the stronger I get. Onwards and upwards!
Amor Vincit Omnia

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

Soon be gone, moving on, time waits for no one.

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:51 am

Sole Survivor wrote:Thankfully, things have taken a turn for the better. I've been battling pneumonia on and off for over 3 months now, and so far (touch wood), it's at a level where I can engage with the outside world once more. As of today, I've been back at work for four days, and I got a heroes' welcome when I made it through the office door. Hopefully now I'm in a more normal routine, I'll get steadily stronger, and I already have a chest x-ray (for the pneumonia) and a full check-up for my heart to go through in the next couple of months. I had such a wonderful adventure last year, going with my wife to see her family, that I hope I'll be well enough to travel there again in the summer- the tickets were booked last year before any of this happened, and it looked for a while that I may have to give it a miss, but I'm now more optimistic the stronger I get. Onwards and upwards!

So good to see you back, here and with good news. :onfire: :)

Innuendoes

Postby icy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Happy for you, S.S. :bigups:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Previous

Return to Fried Chicken