Am I being too pedantic or is he an idiot?

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: Am I being too pedantic or is he an idiot?

Postby action » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:56 am

Elessar wrote:Anyway, gravity IS a physical substance isn’t it? Gravitons or something? I dunno, I ain’t no physicist.

isn't gravity the mere result of a magnetic field? the whole milky way is one giant magnetic field (see the higgs boson).
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:02 pm

It turns out, this guy doesn't even believe that crap he said about gravity, he was using it to make a point about the existence of God. He was trying to say that God is like gravity, doesn't have a physical existence but you can know it exists from its effects. I didn't think it was a good analogy, because knowing a force exists is a simpler thing than knowing a specific version of God exists that you can say very particular things about. I guess I have to give him a little credit for thinking that up, even though I don't think it was as good of a point as he thinks it is. But, he's still an idiot anyway. :lol: I totally wasn't trying to get into an argument with him about that, I was just trying to use gravity as an example of scientific knowledge that has changed, since he keeps going on about how "science doesn't change" and it makes me wanna smack him upside the head or something.

I wasn't even going to bring up what the argument was originally about, but I already said a little bit of it, so I might as well now, I guess. Remember I was talking about how he was saying, as I put it, "X people who are Y" are a myth? "X people" are same-sex couples, and "Y" is monogamous. So he's saying monogamous gay couples are a "myth". He's one of those "fundies" I was talking about before. Total Christian conservative homophobic type.

Also, I want to share this little "gem" he just gave me, as his "proof" that "homosexuals destroy society": (and this is just copy-and-pasted, he always types like that)

Take a number of homosexuals, both sexes, put the males on one island, put the females on another island ........give them anything they want or desire ..... deprive them of nothing ..... but they cannot leave and they cannot have the opposite sex ...... come back in 60 years ...... nothing will be left ........ society DIES ..........

*facepalm*

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby alarawany » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:12 am

I totally agree with you about that
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science

alarawany
Spread Your Wings

Postby Elessar » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:27 am

Interesting...

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:34 am

always funny to see people talking with their alts
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:40 pm

action wrote:always funny to see people talking with their alts

Are you accusing me of doing that? If so, that is funny, or even if you're talking about someone else, it's still funny... since that's one common thread among the particular group that I often have these arguments like this with. The site that all this takes place on has a habit of banning people for various (inconsistently applied) reasons, but it's easy enough to come back under a different name.... but the thing is, a few of the people there are apparently convinced that me and maybe about 4 others who have similar views are all the same guy, operating under different usernames simultaneously. I think maybe they just don't want to think that that many people disagree with them.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Previous

Return to Fried Chicken