David Bailey Live Aid

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

David Bailey Live Aid

Postby Hopper » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi..just joined this site and would like to know if anyone has any information on and item I own as follows: many years ago I obtained a David Bailey black and white print of the band that was taken by David at live Aid. It’s signed by all 4 members of the band and John put .88 next to his signature. I obtained this from a person who worked for one of the band members during the 80’s who told me many wonderful stories about the band whilst touring with them! The person told me that the band member they worked for gave them the signed print as a thank you present and also said only a hand full of these were signed by the band so very rare! I have googled this print and a similar one came up for sale on eBay a few years ago but didn’t sell, it’s identical to my signed print though the signatures are in a different place and like I said John added .88 to mine! Does anyone know the history of these prints, how many were actually signed and how rare / valuable would they be?

Hopper
Spread Your Wings

Re: David Bailey Live Aid

Postby nicksmithworld » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:23 pm

Can you post a pic?
‘...and I find myself thinkin', well, what would you do?’

nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On

Postby Hopper » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:54 pm

[album][/album]

Hopper
Spread Your Wings

Postby Hopper » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:59 pm

My god this site is complicated?

Hopper
Spread Your Wings

Postby Hopper » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:18 pm

File is to big.. can’t be bothered as it’s doing my head in? If you google Live Aid David Bailey Signed Queen Print, scroll across the photos until you see one that’s signed.. that’s what I have! Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong.. it won’t let me log in and have to keep changing my password.. they send me a new one, put it in and all ok until I log out.. i then have to obtain a new password to log in again every time?

Hopper
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:02 am

I put a load of images in the gallery a few years back. You basically have to do fairly low resolution copies of your scans to get them to upload. As image file sizes have progressively grown over the years from a couple of megabytes to a couple of gigabytes, I don't know if I could be bothered to do the same thing these days.

Oh, and reference your original question, on the occasions when the band used to do things like this, then mainly in batches of fifty, or maybe a hundred. Never normally anything TOO tedious that their wrists would start to ache.

Fred did a batch signing of the Barcelona CD single sleeve, one of which my other half has. Think that was about fifty of those that got done.

As a note to anyone thinking of buying such a said picture off an auction site, I should add, that many items you see like "signed prints" on eBay, are indeed "prints" of signed photos, and therefore, as real as they look over the Internet, are not genuine first generation signatures.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Leigh Burne » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Re:The size of the image, many online file upload sites will give you the option to resize it to a more forum-friendly size.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Kes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:20 pm

This place doesn't, well, not to my knowledge, anyway.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Return to Fried Chicken