I want my QOL!

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

I want my QOL!

Postby Broooklyn » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:02 pm

I want my QOL back!

Fuck all things political, religious and egregious! I have been a member since 2004, and back then mostly everyone was saying that QOL was on its death bed, and that was proven wrong via the 2004-2008 superlative wave that we had. Yet now, I do agree with my sincerest sincerity that QOL has been absolute garbage for almost a decade. Facebook and other forms of social media has definitely attributed to that, but come on, there is absolutely nothing; not even a major motion picture about our band, rectifying the issue here. There is hardly (and I use that term lightly) any comical banter or genuine lust for communal repose taking place any longer, and there truly is no excuse for this. Brexit, yeah...Donald Trump, yeah...who gives a fuck? It's life, we get it and always have, but where has the recreation · enjoyment · amusement · entertainment · diversions · distractions · pleasures · respites · relief and refreshments gone?

Fried Chicken once reigned supreme; so are we now going to allow the true alternate beats of time take precedence, or are we going to recover our once formidable individualistic characteristics as a community supersede this??

Tick Tock!
 
Broooklyn
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby Sir Didymus » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:33 pm

QOL is dead. Long live QOL. :P
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count
 
Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2478
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Manchester, mostly.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby Broooklyn » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Sir Didymus wrote:QOL is dead. Long live QOL. :P


:lol: *Does the Fox Twat* :) I totally agree, but I had to share my wedge of allotment!

Vodka has that kind of affect.
 
Broooklyn
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby Broooklyn » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 pm

phpBB [video]
 
Broooklyn
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby action » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:16 am

no one is wanting my playmobil-QOL comics anymore :-(
Why stand on a silent platform?
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3014
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby Sole Survivor » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:22 pm

I loved how it was in the past, but I have to accept that it's over, and won't come back. Too many people out there now that just love to pick over every last detail of your post, and use whatever you say to suit their agendas, when all you want to do is go online and have a laugh with your mates. My health history being what it is, I point-blank refuse to let any of those f*ckers get to me, because life is too fleeting and precious to waste it on bandying words with asshats, so I just stay logged out and browse whenever the mood takes me, and any 'stealth attacks' are treated with the contempt they so richly deserve. It's better in the long run- my health doesn't suffer, and the people still here don't have to wade through pages of tedious bullshit about I-said-you-said crap because neither of us wants to not have the last word.

It's over, I've moved on. Ciao.
Give me... chocolate!
"We are living in an era of 'woke' capitalism, in which companies pretend to care about social justice in order to sell products to people who pretend to hate capitalism."
Image
 
Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 

Only the Fox God knows...

      
 
Posts: 133
Images: 1
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 3:14 pm
Location: The Silent Nation
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby Elessar » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:22 am

:lol:
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby icy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:27 am

Spoiler! :
Those days are all gone now, but one thing's still true...


Been a ride, hasn't it?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16840
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby action » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:42 am

Elessar wrote::lol:


:(
Why stand on a silent platform?
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3014
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby Sole Survivor » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:41 pm

action wrote:
Elessar wrote::lol:


:(

Never was my stance so succinctly and accurately summed up by a single emoji. Thems the breaks, I guess. Ciao, buddy.
Give me... chocolate!
"We are living in an era of 'woke' capitalism, in which companies pretend to care about social justice in order to sell products to people who pretend to hate capitalism."
Image
 
Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 

Only the Fox God knows...

      
 
Posts: 133
Images: 1
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 3:14 pm
Location: The Silent Nation
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby action » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Sole Survivor wrote:
action wrote:
Elessar wrote::lol:


:(

Never was my stance so succinctly and accurately summed up by a single emoji. Thems the breaks, I guess. Ciao, buddy.


take care 8)
Why stand on a silent platform?
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3014
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby Elessar » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 pm

Sole Survivor wrote:
action wrote:
Elessar wrote: :lol:


:(

Never was my stance so succinctly and accurately summed up by a single emoji. Thems the breaks, I guess. Ciao, buddy.


Ignoring the fact that I could quite easily have been laughing at Broooklyn’s post, which was characteristically witty and amusing, as opposed to yours which was a self-indulgent, self-pitying manifesto of misery, closer inspection reveals hilarious irony in your post worthy of any laughing emoji.

To bemoan ‘stealth attacks’ without citing any examples or naming any culprits is itself a quintessential stealth attack. Furthermore, to claim that such behaviour is a relatively new phenomenon on QOL shows either a lack of memory or a deliberate misrepresentation of history, given that you were a pioneer of the ultimate form of ‘stealth attack’ as long ago as 2003/04.

But by all means, continue with the victim complex.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby action » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:28 am

Elessar wrote:Ignoring the fact that I could quite easily have been laughing at Broooklyn’s post, which was characteristically witty and amusing, as opposed to yours which was a self-indulgent, self-pitying manifesto of misery, closer inspection reveals hilarious irony in your post worthy of any laughing emoji.

To bemoan ‘stealth attacks’ without citing any examples or naming any culprits is itself a quintessential stealth attack. Furthermore, to claim that such behaviour is a relatively new phenomenon on QOL shows either a lack of memory or a deliberate misrepresentation of history, given that you were a pioneer of the ultimate form of ‘stealth attack’ as long ago as 2003/04.

But by all means, continue with the victim complex.


:mad:

Trollessar, I don't think this kind of reply is what broooklyn had envisioned for the future of this board.

what does he have to think now, does he?
Why stand on a silent platform?
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3014
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby Elessar » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:35 am

action wrote:
Elessar wrote:Ignoring the fact that I could quite easily have been laughing at Broooklyn’s post, which was characteristically witty and amusing, as opposed to yours which was a self-indulgent, self-pitying manifesto of misery, closer inspection reveals hilarious irony in your post worthy of any laughing emoji.

To bemoan ‘stealth attacks’ without citing any examples or naming any culprits is itself a quintessential stealth attack. Furthermore, to claim that such behaviour is a relatively new phenomenon on QOL shows either a lack of memory or a deliberate misrepresentation of history, given that you were a pioneer of the ultimate form of ‘stealth attack’ as long ago as 2003/04.

But by all means, continue with the victim complex.


:mad:

Trollessar, I don't think this kind of reply is what broooklyn had envisioned for the future of this board.

what does he have to think now, does he?

These users thanked the author action for the post:
Sole Survivor


He probably didn’t expect his thread to be hijacked and turned into a combination of an unprovoked attack and a persecutory delusion, but here we are.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: I want my QOL!

Postby action » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 am

Elessar wrote:
action wrote: :mad:

Trollessar, I don't think this kind of reply is what broooklyn had envisioned for the future of this board.

what does he have to think now, does he?

These users thanked the author action for the post:
Sole Survivor


He probably didn’t expect his thread to be hijacked and turned into a combination of an unprovoked attack and a persecutory delusion, but here we are.


did you really just add a faux "thank you" line to my post?

that's hysterical!

showing your true colours, Trollessar. if you dig that hole any further, you can shake hands with lord of all darkness
Why stand on a silent platform?
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3014
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Next

Return to Fried Chicken

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest