Why Can't You Edit Your Posts After A Short While?

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in Views Of The World.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Why Can't You Edit Your Posts After A Short While?

Postby YAFF » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Didn't used to be this way. I posted an hour ago and I can't edit my post. What happened?
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Why Can't You Edit Your Posts After A Short While?

Postby action » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm

just something weemann came up with to make me stop deleting my posts, that was litterally the only reason for doing this.
Why stand on a silent platform?

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:12 pm

The edit facility changed ages ago after an update.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby fairydandy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:13 pm

It's a very stupid idea. JLP clearly can't edit his either, because his posts are almost incomprehensible (but not too difficult to work out, as it's a well trodden path - just think 'racism'). It's obviously due to predictive text, but you think he would check before posting. :roll:

Given that when the mods were voted for, we didn't know what we were going to get, we really should have another vote.

The QOL People's Vote. :) Jexit, Wexit and Kexit...bring it on. Mind you, Kes is no trouble these days, he's usually wittering on about Queen, or some such nonsense. :?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:34 pm

fairydandy wrote:It's a very stupid idea. JLP clearly can't edit his either, because his posts are almost incomprehensible (but not too difficult to work out, as it's a well trodden path - just think 'racism'). It's obviously due to predictive text, but you think he would check before posting. :roll:

Given that when the mods were voted for, we didn't know what we were going to get, we really should have another vote.

The QOL People's Vote. :) Jexit, Wexit and Kexit...bring it on. Mind you, Kes is no trouble these days, he's usually wittering on about Queen, or some such nonsense. :?

We had en election in 2003 and those results should be respected, as it’s a democracy. Yes, Delilah doesn’t post any more, but we voted for her so she must be a mod. It’s not up to us to work out how to make it happen, that’s their job.

Elessar

Postby lord of all darkness » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:34 am

fairydandy wrote:It's a very stupid idea. JLP clearly can't edit his either, because his posts are almost incomprehensible (but not too difficult to work out, as it's a well trodden path - just think 'racism'). It's obviously due to predictive text, but you think he would check before posting. :roll:

I'm for it!!!
BAN them!

lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You

You are a pussy! I said show me your war face!

Postby lord of all darkness » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:35 am

Elessar wrote:

We had en election in 2003 and those results should be respected, as it’s a democracy. Yes, Delilah doesn’t post any more, but we voted for her so she must be a mod. It’s not up to us to work out how to make it happen, that’s their job.

Dee was the best admin we ever had. Only cos i wanted to shag her,
BAN them!

lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You

You are a pussy! I said show me your war face!

Postby icy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 pm

:dontgetit: In some threads, or at least one thread, posts still can be edited.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Kes » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Wittering on about Queen? :-)

Being fair, Queen are the reason I initially joined this site, and in 2018, they're the only reason I'm still here at all. Once upon a time, it might have been fun to argue to stop yourself getting "Bored shitless" (Reg TM Minder), but these days, I've got bigger things (like living) to burn up my time.

Edit: Much bigger things! (See what I did there? :-) )
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Sole Survivor » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:14 am

Maybe we should form the QOL Yellow jackets, and rebel until we get what we want? :P

Give me... chocolate!
"We are living in an era of 'woke' capitalism, in which companies pretend to care about social justice in order to sell products to people who pretend to hate capitalism."

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

Only the Fox God knows...

Postby Kes » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:31 am

I.spend half of my life with a fucking hi-vis on, surprisingly, when every other c*nt is wearing one, you hardly get noticed.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Return to Fried Chicken