In the news today

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today

Postby fairydandy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:31 am

JLP wrote:Tony Blair is off his rocker.

Well, in other news, scientists are trying to bring back a wooly mammoth. They have more chance of that than this man ever being listened to again. :roll:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:35 am

I can only think of one man who would do more damage to the 'remain' cause than Blair and that's Obama. Bring him on, let's get this show on the road. ;)

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 am

fairydandy wrote:

Well, in other news, scientists are trying to bring back a wooly mammoth. They have more chance of that than this man ever being listened to again. :roll:

Yeah. Even though I voted remain the result has to stand. I have never said otherwise. He might have a point about the facts not being put before the voters but that is not the issue. You can't change a result because the issues were vague.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby fairydandy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:09 am

JLP wrote:
fairydandy wrote:

Yeah. Even though I voted remain the result has to stand. I have never said otherwise. He might have a point about the facts not being put before the voters but that is not the issue. You can't change a result because the issues were vague.

Of course. I didn't know that voting for him in three General Elections would lead to a war with Iraq. Ok, I supported him at the time...and that shows that I am capable of re-thinking things. :P

I will never change on Brexit, I believe that it's the right thing for us to do. We didn't get asked to join anything other than a common market, the rest was added against our will. People run on an on about the solidarity they have with the other 27 nations etc, etc. Let's face it, most people would struggle to name more than about 6 of those other nations! We will still be Europeans, our world won't end, we just won't be part of their idiotic club anymore. Yippee. ;)

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:40 pm

As I suspected, Leave voters simply don't trust their fellow humans as much as Remain voters.

I'd bet good money that the same is true of Trump supporters.

‪http://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/02/17/leave-voters-are-less-likely-trust-any-experts-eve/‬

But what have nurses done to deserve their contempt?

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Elessar wrote:As I suspected, Leave voters simply don't trust their fellow humans as much as Remain voters.

I'd bet good money that the same is true of Trump supporters.

‪http://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/02/17/leave-voters-are-less-likely-trust-any-experts-eve/‬

But what have nurses done to deserve their contempt?

Nurses were most trusted though. :? Did you read it right?

Edit...I didn't read it right! :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:56 pm

I wonder if their cynicism has anything to do with being put down and under-valued all of their lives? I suspect it has. That cynicism can only grow, because now even their votes aren't worthy. :?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:10 pm

17 degrees in February!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39001962

Good old Brexit... :P :lol:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:36 pm

British Parliament is debating if Trump should be banned from visiting the UK:

https://www.facebook.com/ATTNVideo/vide ... 963799258/
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:21 am

Posted in error

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Worth watching, I think.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/has- ... s-gone-mad

I'm there, I have been saying it for years anyway. Trump and Brexit are a direct result of Political Correctness! No one can be offended now (why not?), no one dare even make a joke anymore...let's face it, we even had that mad lesbian tart on here threatening to take me to the police over some insane triviality! People are exasperated with it all...and lo and behold, along comes Farage and Trump and they are speaking in common terms, they are anti-correctness and swathes of real people agree with and identify with them.

It's rather like that argument that you can't ban the burkha because you would have to stop people wearing headscarves, balaclavas and crash helmets etc. It's pure an utter nonsense to behave like this. :roll:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:41 pm

CNB wrote:British Parliament is debating if Trump should be banned from visiting the UK:

https://www.facebook.com/ATTNVideo/vide ... 963799258/

Makes us look like a bunch of fucktards. Of course he should visit here. Personally, I don't take to the man, but that does not mean I think we should bloody well ban him. Pathetic.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:44 pm

fairydandy wrote:Worth watching, I think.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/has- ... s-gone-mad

I'm there, I have been saying it for years anyway. Trump and Brexit are a direct result of Political Correctness! No one can be offended now (why not?), no one dare even make a joke anymore...let's face it, we even had that mad lesbian tart on here threatening to take me to the police over some insane triviality! People are exasperated with it all...and lo and behold, along comes Farage and Trump and they are speaking in common terms, they are anti-correctness and swathes of real people agree with and identify with them.

It's rather like that argument that you can't ban the burkha because you would have to stop people wearing headscarves, balaclavas and crash helmets etc. It's pure an utter nonsense to behave like this. :roll:

You fucker. I was just going to post something about this. Oh, well, you have basically stated what I was going to say anyway.

Regards, Trump and Farage: you are spot on. I mean, they are hardly the nicest, most endearing characters in the world...but people have had enough with all this PC bullshit and find them refreshing.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby fairydandy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:50 pm

musicalprostitute wrote: <snip> but people have had enough with all this PC bullshit and find them refreshing.

They truly have. Please don't get me started on Health and Safety at work, please don't.... :P I'm all for H&S, I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but seriously...no, no, I'm not doing this, I'll be upset for days... :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:52 pm

...we used to change a lightbulb at work by getting a ladder. Now, we have to have a fucking scaffold put up and a risk assessment and enough paper to make a fucking tree. Oh fuck, now look what you've done... :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World