In the news today (North American version)

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby Roger » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Why are you looking for police scanner feeds, if not to find evidence of a conspiracy?

Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Last edited by Innuendoes on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby Roger » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Ah yes.

“It is a gruesome world to confront briefly, much less over and over again. Hoaxers, for example, will share videos of Boston Marathon bombing victims having their limbs blown off, and then debate whether the color of the blood in the footage is realistic, or look for evidence that the person in the footage whose limb was just blown off was already an amputee who is now faking a new injury.”

Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Roger » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:34 pm

We’ve had people defending/denying Trump’s racism, sexism and Islamophobia here, but who’s going to defend his homophobia?

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/10/11/do ... rs-summit/

(Challenge: Try to address this without mentioning Hillary Clinton)

Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Sole Survivor » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:37 am

i would strongly urge anyone to not engage in this conversation, as they are being maneuvered into appearing racist, sexist, Islamophobic and homophobic. I know from years of talking with you guys that you are anything but, but thanks to the craftiness and sneakiness of the tactics employed here, you will end up being shown in a negative light that some of the newer posters may not have the judgement to be able to reach the same conclusions I have.

Rather than having to have the last word, it would be best to leave this conversation to wither on the vine; you don'y have to pander to this poster's agenda- the board does not need 'saving' from you; if anything, the kind of sneaky, left-biased manipulating, name-calling and labelling is the practice that this board most needs 'saving' from.

Carry on. 8-)

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

In loving memory of John Wetton

Postby JLP » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:46 am

Sole Survivor wrote:i would strongly urge anyone to not engage in this conversation, as they are being maneuvered into appearing racist, sexist, Islamophobic and homophobic. I know from years of talking with you guys that you are anything but, but thanks to the craftiness and sneakiness of the tactics employed here, you will end up being shown in a negative light that some of the newer posters may not have the judgement to be able to reach the same conclusions I have.

Rather than having to have the last word, it would be best to leave this conversation to wither on the vine; you don'y have to pander to this poster's agenda- the board does not need 'saving' from you; if anything, the kind of sneaky, left-biased manipulating, name-calling and labelling is the practice that this board most needs 'saving' from.

Carry on. 8-)

On a site dedicated to a group whose lead singer died from aids, I would be shocked if anyone defended Trump in this instance. But pray please tell me why standing up to someone who is speaking to an organisation that is anti LGBT is left wing manipulation?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Sole Survivor » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 am

How many times are you going to edit that post until you think it's 'right-on' enough? I make that at least three so far... :P

JLP wrote: But pray please tell me why standing up to someone who is speaking to an organisation that is anti LGBT is left wing manipulation?
Where did I say that, pray tell? I was talking about the left-biased manipulation of people's posts by other posters of this board- and ironically, your post could almost qualify as such for deliberately misrepresenting what I said.

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

In loving memory of John Wetton

Postby action » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Last edited by action on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Last edited by action on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:13 pm

action wrote:
JLP wrote:
Sole Survivor wrote:i would strongly urge anyone to not engage in this conversation, as they are being maneuvered into appearing racist, sexist, Islamophobic and homophobic. I know from years of talking with you guys that you are anything but, but thanks to the craftiness and sneakiness of the tactics employed here, you will end up being shown in a negative light that some of the newer posters may not have the judgement to be able to reach the same conclusions I have.

Carry on. 8-)

On a site dedicated to a group whose lead singer died from aids, I would be shocked if anyone defended Trump in this instance. But pray please tell me why standing up to someone who is speaking to an organisation that is anti LGBT is left wing manipulation?

so you're saying only gays can get aids? got it

:shock: :onfire:
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby action » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:27 am

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Sole Survivor wrote:How many times are you going to edit that post until you think it's 'right-on' enough? I make that at least three so far... :P

JLP wrote: But pray please tell me why standing up to someone who is speaking to an organisation that is anti LGBT is left wing manipulation?
Where did I say that, pray tell? I was talking about the left-biased manipulation of people's posts by other posters of this board- and ironically, your post could almost qualify as such for deliberately misrepresenting what I said.

Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:52 pm

On the plus side, the reaction to the Harvey Weinstein allegations is a very welcome reminder that people in positions of power who assault women, and do things like "grab them by the pussy" will be roundly condemned for it, and will have their reputations forever tarnished. Weinstein is unlikely to work in the public eye again, and I'm sure that's true of anyone else accused of anything similar, especially if they're caught on tape admitting to it. Quite understandably, no one is defending Weinstein. How could anyone defend someone who admits to that sort of behaviour?

Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby JLP » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:50 am

Roger wrote:On the plus side, the reaction to the Harvey Weinstein allegations is a very welcome reminder that people in positions of power who assault women, and do things like "grab them by the pussy" will be roundly condemned for it, and will have their reputations forever tarnished. Weinstein is unlikely to work in the public eye again, and I'm sure that's true of anyone else accused of anything similar, especially if they're caught on tape admitting to it. Quite understandably, no one is defending Weinstein. How could anyone defend someone who admits to that sort of behaviour?

Well 62 million people did. :shock:
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby action » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:23 am

Last edited by action on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World