In the news today (North American version)

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:10 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:A Harvard professor even believes that, or did. I believe they got in trouble for saying it in class but I forget that part. Too much going on for me to waste my time on it.

OK, I actually looked that up, found it pretty quickly....the professor was saying what he thought should (not will) happen if the charges about Russia messing with the election turn out to be true. Which was: Trump resigns or is kicked out, same for Pence, Ryan becomes Pres. and "makes it right" by nominating Clinton as VP, then resigns himself, and voila, President Clinton. Probably unlikely, but there's nothing about that is impossible.

I don't believe anything that drastic has ever happened in this country, nor will it.

Innuendoes

Postby CNB » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:51 am

IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Roger » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:08 am

Innuendoes wrote: I believe they got in trouble for saying it in class but I forget that part. Too much going on for me to waste my time on it.

It sounds like you’ve already wasted a huge amount of time on this conspiracy. You’re just going to end up disappointed when none of it comes to anything. I’m afraid that you’ve picked the wrong club to be part of and I suspect you’ll end up regretting it in a few months or years time.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:20 am

Roger wrote:
Innuendoes wrote: I believe they got in trouble for saying it in class but I forget that part. Too much going on for me to waste my time on it.

It sounds like you’ve already wasted a huge amount of time on this conspiracy. You’re just going to end up disappointed when none of it comes to anything. I’m afraid that you’ve picked the wrong club to be part of and I suspect you’ll end up regretting it in a few months or years time.

The professor at Harvard saying Clinton can still win if Trump is impeached is a conspiracy theory? Scroll back up.

Meanwhile, you and CNB have yourselves a fun little time, together. I bet you two would look cute in a photo with each other. :lol: :P

Innuendoes

Postby Roger » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 am

Innuendoes wrote:
Roger wrote:

The professor at Harvard saying Clinton can still win if Trump is impeached is a conspiracy theory? Scroll back up.

Meanwhile, you and CNB have yourselves a fun little time, together. I bet you two would look cute in a photo with each other. :lol: :P

Why is it important that this unnamed man is a professor at Harvard? Does that automatically make him right?

If so, why do you have so little respect for the Harvard professor who was your president for 8 years?

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Roger » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:10 am

Also, he didn’t say that Clinton can still win. He said that Clinton can still become president. Unless she’s suddenly ceased to be American or has magically become 37 years younger, I don’t know how that could possibly be untrue.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
The__KingOfRhye wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:A Harvard professor even believes that, or did. I believe they got in trouble for saying it in class but I forget that part. Too much going on for me to waste my time on it.

OK, I actually looked that up, found it pretty quickly....the professor was saying what he thought should (not will) happen if the charges about Russia messing with the election turn out to be true. Which was: Trump resigns or is kicked out, same for Pence, Ryan becomes Pres. and "makes it right" by nominating Clinton as VP, then resigns himself, and voila, President Clinton. Probably unlikely, but there's nothing about that is impossible.

I don't believe anything that drastic has ever happened in this country, nor will it.

Obviously it hasn't happened. If you actually read what the guy said in the first place, he says it's not what he thinks WILL happen, it's what he thinks SHOULD happen IF the allegations about Russia are true. So, your statement "a Harvard professor even believes that" is a bit misleading, I think. Maybe if there's "too much going on to waste your time on it" you shouldn't even mention it without checking it out from another source.....

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:36 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
Obviously it hasn't happened. If you actually read what the guy said in the first place, he says it's not what he thinks WILL happen, it's what he thinks SHOULD happen. So, your statement "a Harvard professor even believes that" is a bit misleading, I think. Maybe if there's "too much going on to waste your time on it" you shouldn't even mention it without checking it out from another source.....

Maybe I should just stop posting anything ANYWHERE?! :shock:

After all, not ALL news outlets report the same thing!

Hillary Clinton could still become president, law professor says, while internet sighs

That headline sure looks like it says what I said. That's not the publication I saw the other day, however.

Anyway, yea, dyslexics shouldn't be allowed to say anything on the net for fear they report something a little off or askew from the entire article.

Bye!

Innuendoes

Postby Roger » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
The__KingOfRhye wrote:
Obviously it hasn't happened. If you actually read what the guy said in the first place, he says it's not what he thinks WILL happen, it's what he thinks SHOULD happen. So, your statement "a Harvard professor even believes that" is a bit misleading, I think. Maybe if there's "too much going on to waste your time on it" you shouldn't even mention it without checking it out from another source.....

Maybe I should just stop posting anything ANYWHERE?! :shock:

Hillary Clinton could still become president, law professor says, while internet sighs

That headline sure looks like it says what I said. That's not the publication I saw the other day, however.

Anyway, yea, dyslexics shouldn't be allowed to say anything on the net for fear they report something a little off or askew from the entire article.

Bye!

Yeah, that’s exactly what KingOfRhye said :blowup:

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Roger » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:51 pm

There was another women's march yesterday. Here's one of the best signs:

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Innuendoes wrote:Maybe I should just stop posting anything ANYWHERE?! :shock:

Bye!

Whoa, relax. I was just pointing out that what the guy actually said isn't quite what I thought you were making it out to be. Maybe I was even reading a little too much into what you said. I certainly wasn't saying you shouldn't post anything, I was just saying you should check something like that out from the original source, because often things get a little twisted when someone else reports on it. A case in point is the Oprah thing, where everyone was saying "Oprah said white people need to die" when she didn't really say that.

And I didn't even know you're dyslexic.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Roger » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:54 am

phpBB [video]

I was born in the ninth month :(

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:45 am

Well, that was interesting! I watched Sean Hannity going bonkers tonight over a so-called classified memo that Devin Nunes created from dubious sources that the Republicans want released to the public. It is a coverup to deflect from the Mueller investigation into the Russia meddling into the 2016 election.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:53 am

CNB wrote:Well, that was interesting! I watched Sean Hannity going bonkers tonight over a so-called classified memo that Devin Nunes created from dubious sources that the Republicans want released to the public. It is a coverup to deflect from the Mueller investigation into the Russia meddling into the 2016 election.

That's either what you think or your own attempt at a cover-up. The truth will set everyone free except the guilty.

Innuendoes

Postby CNB » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:00 am

Innuendoes wrote:
CNB wrote:Well, that was interesting! I watched Sean Hannity going bonkers tonight over a so-called classified memo that Devin Nunes created from dubious sources that the Republicans want released to the public. It is a coverup to deflect from the Mueller investigation into the Russia meddling into the 2016 election.

That's either what you think or your own attempt at a cover-up. The truth will set everyone free except the guilty.

Yes, I can’t wait for the truth to come out whatever it is!

I also watched Franklin Graham on CNN calling Trump a good man because he is against abortion and same sex marriage! It doesn’t matter to him that Trump is an amoral, low-life womanizer!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World