The New News Thread.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:29 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
Again, avoiding the fact that a very quick crash course in basic statistics will put an end to all of these “I disagree with the polls” protests. It’s also incredibly arrogant to think that your own personal opinion, ie a poll of 1, is more valid than a poll of 12,000.

You’ve got yourself into a little stubborn spiral like when you refused to believe atoms exist. Take a step back, have a little look on Wikipedia, and we can stop having this silly tangent every time I cite a poll.


Where did I state that my opinion is more valid? I just do not believe in these polls as much as you. I did not say I disbelieve them totally; I just do not think they are as accurate as you like to think they are.

I have not got into any stubborn spiral, as the atoms discussion is over - remember, I admitted that I had worded or stated my point in the wrong manner and held my hands up to that fact? It is you who keeps bringing it up (I guess to regain some of your feelings of superiority or something silly like that...I do not blame you though).

So let's forget your last sentence, as it ain't happening. Next.


It’s pointless talking to you about this. If you can’t agree with basic maths there’s no baseline of facts to work from.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 11186
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:35 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
What was the question? “Surely it’s all about context?”

Yeah, sure. And the context is that this is a country that has just voted to leave the EU on the back of an aggressive anti-immigration campaign that was recently found to be illegal, and which has growing rates of hate crime.

How’s that for a context?


No. My question was: 'So, as far as you are concerned no members of any population in any country around the world should fly their flags or use any form of symbolism which has - at some point in history - been hijacked by a minority hate group of some kind?'.

A yes or no answer will suffice, but feel free to back it up with anything you wish.

And there was no 'aggressive' anti-immigration campaign. I think you are being too sensitive yet again. Anyway, the Great British public decided what they decided, if you like it or not. I love this democratic country of ours.


I think people should be aware of connotations and make a judgement call. As I said, Hindus should perhaps be cautious using their swastika symbol, because it has been hijacked.

The Leave campaign used posters of crowds of Syrian refugees, despite that being irrelevant. The campaign was also recently found to have been illegal. That’s not me being sensitive, that’s the verdict of an independent electoral review, the results of which have now been referred to the police. That’s not democracy, that’s criminal behaviour. Sorry if those facts don’t fit your agenda.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44856992
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 11186
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Elessar wrote:
It’s pointless talking to you about this...


There is a God.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:23 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
It’s pointless talking to you about this...


There is a God.


A stance that would fit in with your disrespect towards science and mathematics.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 11186
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
No. My question was: 'So, as far as you are concerned no members of any population in any country around the world should fly their flags or use any form of symbolism which has - at some point in history - been hijacked by a minority hate group of some kind?'.

A yes or no answer will suffice, but feel free to back it up with anything you wish.

And there was no 'aggressive' anti-immigration campaign. I think you are being too sensitive yet again. Anyway, the Great British public decided what they decided, if you like it or not. I love this democratic country of ours.


I think people should be aware of connotations and make a judgement call. As I said, Hindus should perhaps be cautious using their swastika symbol, because it has been hijacked.

The Leave campaign used posters of crowds of Syrian refugees, despite that being irrelevant. The campaign was also recently found to have been illegal. That’s not me being sensitive, that’s the verdict of an independent electoral review, the results of which have now been referred to the police. That’s not democracy, that’s criminal behaviour. Sorry if those facts don’t fit your agenda.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44856992


No. People should do as they please regarding their own flags and symbolism - it's individuals like you who have the problem. The rest of us will carry on not over-thinking things and just credit others with enough intelligence to know that minority hate groups, for example, do not represent the majority - the poor Muslims have been saying this for years whenever they get accused of being terrorist supporters, etc. And they have had to put up with many of those who think exactly the same way you do: those who judge whole races of people by the actions of certain minority hate groups. Muslims have also had to put up with some judging them by what they wear or how they look (again because of ignorant people connecting them to terrorist groups, etc.); I don't think they would find a friend in you when you, for example, judge a whole group of people on what haircut they have (you know, skinheads).

We are not talking about the legalities of it. You said it was an aggressive campaign and I disagree. Nothing to do with fitting my agenda - just disagreeing with you; I know you like to think that it is your way or the highway and you are always correct, but you ain't.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
There is a God.


A stance that would fit in with your disrespect towards science and mathematics.


You need to try and understand sarcasm. But well done for a little humour - it suits you.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:19 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:No. People should do as they please regarding their own flags and symbolism - it's individuals like you who have the problem. The rest of us will carry on not over-thinking things and just credit others with enough intelligence to know that minority hate groups, for example, do not represent the majority - the poor Muslims have been saying this for years whenever they get accused of being terrorist supporters, etc. And they have had to put up with many of those who think exactly the same way you do: those who judge whole races of people by the actions of certain minority hate groups. Muslims have also had to put up with some judging them by what they wear or how they look (again because of ignorant people connecting them to terrorist groups, etc.); I don't think they would find a friend in you when you, for example, judge a whole group of people on what haircut they have (you know, skinheads).

We are not talking about the legalities of it. You said it was an aggressive campaign and I disagree. Nothing to do with fitting my agenda - just disagreeing with you; I know you like to think that it is your way or the highway and you are always correct, but you ain't.


Yes it is for people to do as they please. And if they want to risk intimidating others, then good for them, it’s their right.

The rest of us = other white men who don’t have to worry about this kind of thing. It’s a very privileged position to be in to not have to worry about prejudice. Make no mistake, or affects other people in the country far more than it affects you or me.

The campaign was illegal. If you think the work ‘aggressive’ is wrong then great. It was against the law the the public were manipulated illegally.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 11186
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:No. People should do as they please regarding their own flags and symbolism - it's individuals like you who have the problem. The rest of us will carry on not over-thinking things and just credit others with enough intelligence to know that minority hate groups, for example, do not represent the majority - the poor Muslims have been saying this for years whenever they get accused of being terrorist supporters, etc. And they have had to put up with many of those who think exactly the same way you do: those who judge whole races of people by the actions of certain minority hate groups. Muslims have also had to put up with some judging them by what they wear or how they look (again because of ignorant people connecting them to terrorist groups, etc.); I don't think they would find a friend in you when you, for example, judge a whole group of people on what haircut they have (you know, skinheads).

We are not talking about the legalities of it. You said it was an aggressive campaign and I disagree. Nothing to do with fitting my agenda - just disagreeing with you; I know you like to think that it is your way or the highway and you are always correct, but you ain't.


Yes it is for people to do as they please. And if they want to risk intimidating others, then good for them, it’s their right.

The rest of us = other white men who don’t have to worry about this kind of thing. It’s a very privileged position to be in to not have to worry about prejudice. Make no mistake, or affects other people in the country far more than it affects you or me.

The campaign was illegal. If you think the work ‘aggressive’ is wrong then great. It was against the law the the public were manipulated illegally.


Yeah, because white people do not suffer prejudice too. :roll:
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:42 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Yeah, because white people do not suffer prejudice too. :roll:


Sorry, I should have specified white men.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 11186
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Yeah, because white people do not suffer prejudice too. :roll:


Sorry, I should have specified white men.


I accept your apology. Don't do it again.

Although, you are wrong. Again. White working class men have it very tough - have a Google.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:14 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:White working class men have it very tough


Lol
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 11186
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:White working class men have it very tough


Lol


I thought someone like you would find that notion funny.

#PowerToThe WorkingClasses
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:40 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:White working class men have it very tough


Lol


I thought someone like you would find that notion funny.

#PowerToThe WorkingClasses


Of course I find it funny, it’s such an absurd notion. The myopic white oppression complex that complains that there’s no MOWO awards or White History Month, or is extremely quick to point out in a #MeToo discussion that men can be rape victims as well. The fallacious idea that quality of life is a zero sum game, so if things are getting better for one group they must be getting worse for you. It’s all utter nonsense and I hope that deep down you do know that.

The working classes may well have it tough but that’s because of one thing - austerity.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 11186
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:41 pm

 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 11186
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Sole Survivor » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:40 am

Implying he's a white supremacist is the lowest of the low. :mad: Besides, the only time he becomes victimised is when he's on here, being picked on by you!
Love now 'till Eternity...
Image
 
Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 

Rock and roll dream Not what it seems Who is the dreamer now?

      
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 3:14 pm
Location: The Silent Nation
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 11 times

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests