In the news today

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today

Postby CNB » Tue May 09, 2017 1:06 am

Tarkus wrote:
CNB wrote:YAY, the right wing fascist has lost in France! Viva le Macron!

If there was any truth in the rumours that Russia had hacked into his email accounts to influence the elections, then why did he still win? Therefore, the rumour that they hacked into Hillary's email accounts to encourage a Trump victory in the US is equally bollocks, surely?

Because it came out two days before the election and Macron responded a couple of hours before there was a news blackout until after the election was over!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Tue May 09, 2017 10:09 am

I think when people get led up the garden path, with just about ANY issue, there is a certain reluctance for them to admit it to themselves, let alone anyone else.

A lot of money has been spent misinforming people on even the biggest of the current social platforms. No-one had heard of the term "fake news" before Trump got into the White House, but if you're being realistic, it's one of the major reasons that he got his foot in the building.

As with the situation in France, a LOT of people voted for Trump as a vote against Hilary Clinton, quite possibly down to the timing of the FBI releasing a statement casting doubt over her emails. That issue alone quite possibly swung the balance in what would otherwise have been a win for Mrs Clinton. Who or what prompted the FBI to release that, at the most critical point where there wasn't time to produce a definitive answer before people voted?
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Innuendoes » Tue May 09, 2017 10:38 am

Kes wrote:I think when people get led up the garden path, with just about ANY issue, there is a certain reluctance for them to admit it to themselves, let alone anyone else.

A lot of money has been spent misinforming people on even the biggest of the current social platforms. No-one had heard of the term "fake news" before Trump got into the White House, but if you're being realistic, it's one of the major reasons that he got his foot in the building.

As with the situation in France, a LOT of people voted for Trump as a vote against Hilary Clinton, quite possibly down to the timing of the FBI releasing a statement casting doubt over her emails. That issue alone quite possibly swung the balance in what would otherwise have been a win for Mrs Clinton. Who or what prompted the FBI to release that, at the most critical point where there wasn't time to produce a definitive answer before people voted?

Did you ever stop and think that maybe people voted against Clinton for reasons other than those emails? There was also a lot of that information out and being talked about before Trump ever had the nomination for the Republican party. And Clinton's emails were nowhere as damaging as Podesta's, IMHO.
Yeah, I'm lost in the night
The icy wind is howling out your name
The moon has gone behind the cloud again
And I can't stand to live another day
'Cause my bluebird went away

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby Kes » Tue May 09, 2017 12:01 pm

Yeah, I thought about it, Read what's written, NOT what you THINK is written.

My point was that "in my opinion", the issue over the emails could "well" have swayed the balance. Please tell me where I suggested that 100% of people voting did it purely because of the email scandal?

Maybe it only needed two people in a hundred who were undecided which way to vote.

I know you know your own mind and speak for yourself, but what about the other 99 in any given hundred.

As far as I'm concerned, and most of the polls were concerned, she was walking that election right up until the head of the FBI opened his mouth, and made people think Clinton was going to be in court within weeks of being elected. Trump probably had equally bad press from the security services, but only AFTER everyone had voted.

Anyway. aren't you bothered that Trump seems to think he can keep by-passing, side-swerving and over-ruling congress? you guys have had a system almost as long as you've had a country, and now one guy who you've put in charge is saying that system that put him where he is is inherently wrong. I seem to remember some bloke with a funny inch wide moustache doing that in the thirties, and I don't mean Charlie Chaplin.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Innuendoes » Tue May 09, 2017 12:06 pm

Kes wrote:Yeah, I thought about it, Read what's written, NOT what you THINK is written.

My point was that "in my opinion", the issue over the emails could "well" have swayed the balance. Please tell me where I suggested that 100% of people voting did it purely because of the email scandal?

Maybe it only needed two people in a hundred who were undecided which way to vote.

I know you know your own mind and speak for yourself, but what about the other 99 in any given hundred.

This is ridiculous. Of course you know more about our elections than the Americans do, other than CNB. :roll:

You have no idea how many people I know or have spoken with or how many articles I read about the Clintons, months before the election and months before Trump was her running mate. And I have read and seen what they have done to people all over the world, including citizens of the USA.

That's all. You just keep on believing the only thing was those emails... :roll:

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Tue May 09, 2017 12:11 pm

IN CAPITALS.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THE ONLY THING WAS THE EMAILS.

DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND?

Careful with rolling eyes, they might rotate 90 degrees too far, and you'll see what REALLY goes on in your head. :shock:
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kes » Tue May 09, 2017 12:16 pm

As regards who knows what.

I've seen that film with Michael whatshisface asking people in the street where Iraq was, and them pointing to France. It only takes two easily led morons in a hundred, to totally fuck up the other 98's day.

That very small percentage alone can turn a 52/48% win for one person, into a 52/48% win for the other. and THAT'S what has happened in two pretty major votes out of three in the past year.

Whether it concerns me or not, depends on how the Trump presidency affects the state of the world, and we won't be able to know what the full effects of that was until the next guy moves in. For all Obama's perceived faults, he survived two terms without getting close to starting WWIII, but I'm not quite as sure Trump will.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Innuendoes » Tue May 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Tue May 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Yes, the Brexit and Trump outcomes are the result of fake propaganda! What I have learned about Trump is that besides being a pathological liar, he is a pathological projectionist. When he was yelling very loudly at his rallies about "crooked Hillary" using her Secretary of State office as pay for play, he was projecting onto her the exact way in which HE operates! I believe that eventually he will be hoisted on his own petard!
Last edited by CNB on Tue May 09, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Tue May 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Innuendoes wrote:FUCK OFF, KES. YOU CHAUVINIST PIG!

Is that right?

Do I think I'm in ANY way, superior to you? Nah, not really.

Do I think that you are such an indoctrinated republican*/such an anti-democrat* (delete as/or if required*), that if it had been Donald "Fucking" Duck's evil cousin running for the republican slot, you'd have probably still voted for him? Yeah, pretty much so.

It doesnt mean I think I'm better than you. I didn't have the unenviable choice of having to vote between the wicked witch of the west, or a fucking orange motormouth racist/sexist clown, did I?

As regards being a pig, I've never even thought of applying to join the police force.

PS. Sorry about quoting your removed post. Sometimes you're probably just better leaving it there. For the record, I haven't suggested you go anywhere but here, or resorted to calling you names, and I'm not intending to start either.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby CNB » Tue May 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Inny, if you are reading about the Clintons on right wing propaganda websites you just might be getting unreliable information!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Tue May 23, 2017 12:07 am

An explosion has rocked the Manchester Arena at the end of an Ariana Grande concert tonight.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Innuendoes » Tue May 23, 2017 1:18 am

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Tue May 23, 2017 2:09 am

Innuendoes wrote:Image

Your image isn't working!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue May 23, 2017 2:28 am

19 dead :( and many more injured :( .Busy day for me, got home, logged on Facebook, Didy's post( and what a post it was, very well stated ) and that's how I found out about it.
My heart goes out to the people affected. :(
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy