In the news today

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

In the news today

Postby fairydandy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Just a general topic for daily news. This is so sad:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-11751079

The wife had to crawl out of the field and is now critically ill. It must have been truly terrifying.
Last edited by fairydandy on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Re: In the news today

Postby Cool Cat » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Wow, that happened just up the road from me, tragic.

Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now

See Me In The Shadows

Postby fairydandy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:25 pm

In the news today, more Muslim hatred (sorry it's the Star, best picture I could find).
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/16 ... war-dead-/

We really have to put a stop to this filth being on our streets. What on earth is wrong with us allowing these savages to burn a poppy and scream 'British soldiers go to hell' on such a day? It's disgusting.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:48 pm

fairydandy wrote:In the news today, more Muslim hatred (sorry it's the Star, best picture I could find).
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/16 ... war-dead-/

We really have to put a stop to this filth being on our streets. What on earth is wrong with us allowing these savages to burn a poppy and scream 'British soldiers go to hell' on such a day? It's disgusting.

I fully agree. Get those nasty bastards out of this country so we can then all live together in harmony.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby fairydandy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:03 pm

This is simply outrageous. 'British troops burn alive' chanted at 11:00 on remembrance day and we do nothing about it. If that was a Koran, there would be riots.

I cannot understand why the police aren't stopping this nonsense? This isn't peaceful protest, this is inciting hatred.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:26 pm

I was reading that on the 11th. It's infuriating, the most harm being caused in that is to other Muslim people who have to live with that association. Causing the most possible anger and offence in a demonstration would be destructive and pointless if there was a valid point to be made. The police did stop them though.
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Postby fairydandy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:04 pm

James Blunt stopped world war III. Great headline. :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11753050

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby EaP » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:16 pm

fairydandy wrote:This is simply outrageous. 'British troops burn alive' chanted at 11:00 on remembrance day and we do nothing about it. If that was a Koran, there would be riots

I cannot understand why the police aren't stopping this nonsense? This isn't peaceful protest, this is inciting hatred

i think they ought to get a new songwriter, i found the lyrics very repetitive :lol:

you're right though fd, the police should smack them across the teeth with their truncheons

BANG! bye bye teeth 8-)

EaP
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:31 pm

EaP wrote:i think they ought to get a new songwriter, i found the lyrics very repetitive :lol:

you're right though fd, the police should smack them across the teeth with their truncheons

BANG! bye bye teeth 8-)

They should be packed of in a plane to Afghanistan. If that is the kind of regime they want to support, then let's take them there. I won't have to go to work to pay for the scum that way. I suppose they are on benefits, they usually are.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Dusty » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Plenty of poppies in Afghanistan as well. Their major export, apparently. I'd like to see the looks on their faces when they burn those. Brings a whole new meaning to getting stoned. :P

Dusty

Postby JLP » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:06 pm

I really believe that the extremists should face the wrath of the law. Sadly I think I read one of those burning poppies on Thursday was born in Britain. Anyone else involved should be told to fuck off back from whence they came. Anyone doing that who was born here should be left to the mercy of the law. Or the comrades of those soldiers whose memories they abuse.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:26 pm

JLP wrote:I really believe that the extremists should face the wrath of the law. Sadly I think I read one of those burning poppies on Thursday was born in Britain. Anyone else involved should be told to fuck off back from whence they came. Anyone doing that who was born here should be left to the mercy of the law. Or the comrades of those soldiers whose memories they abuse.

I thought they were all British. It's horrible, but what do you think the law should do, like how should it be categorised? If the the BNP are a valid political party, how do you pass a law that says certain types of hate are illegal and some aren't?
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Postby Delilah » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm

Well...surely they are allowed to be obnoxious assholes, right? Free speech and all that?

Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Pastieman.Steve » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:27 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
JLP wrote:I really believe that the extremists should face the wrath of the law. Sadly I think I read one of those burning poppies on Thursday was born in Britain. Anyone else involved should be told to fuck off back from whence they came. Anyone doing that who was born here should be left to the mercy of the law. Or the comrades of those soldiers whose memories they abuse.

I thought they were all British. It's horrible, but what do you think the law should do, like how should it be categorised? If the the BNP are a valid political party, how do you pass a law that says certain types of hate are illegal and some aren't?

While it disgusts me what they are doing and I despise their actions I think we have to be careful not to pour fuel on to an already smouldering fire. I feel we have to look at the long term situation and ask ourselves, by changing the law is this going to ease or make worse relations between our countries and people? My guess would be that it would widen the gap and give them more reason to cause more trouble and bring more attention to them and just play into the hands of the BNP, which is something I really dont want to see.
As in most cases from football "fans" to Muslim's, it is a few trouble makes or extremists that go to cause all the trouble which is then picked up on by the media to get a great story to sell papers. If we ignored them instead of giving them publicity, they would not get attention they are aiming to get in the hope that more people would join them like sheep, and the hatred between them and us would not escalate as quick as it might if we played the tit for tat game.

Pastieman.Steve
We Will Rock You

Should be doing something else

Postby pow wow » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:56 am

Delilah wrote:Well...surely they are allowed to be obnoxious assholes, right? Free speech and all that?

Have you noticed on the link that 'Your Shout' has been disabled for this story. Why? Because the editor knows the kind of replies this story would generate...........

Freedom of speech when it suits it seems.

Has anyone ever seen a British/Non British Muslim wearing a poppy by the way?

pow wow
We Will Rock You

Next

Return to Views Of The World