In the news today

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today

Postby JLP » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 am

action wrote:
JLP wrote:
fairydandy wrote:The attack hardly made the newspapers here. The papers are full of tripe about a TV show called the Great British Bake Off or some such garbage. It's as said a while back, the terrorist attacks are no longer having an impact, it's 'just what they do' now. They will plan bigger and more shocking for sure.


That is why I never buy a newspaper anymore.


aha. that explains everything


Another reason is that they are all either biased towards the right or the left. Which just feeds the hatred from both sides.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11183
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: In the news today

Postby JLP » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:39 pm

A leader should try and keep their country safe. That is what Trump is saying his travel ban will do in so many words. But his country would-be much safer with sensible gun laws.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11183
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: In the news today

Postby action » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:01 pm

.
Last edited by action on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

I know what's right and what's wrong

      
 
Posts: 2719
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 208 times

Re: In the news today

Postby JLP » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:24 pm

action wrote:another week, another road accident in londen, where a car accidently hit 4 or so people.

it's ok, it's a road accident.

at a busy tourist hotspot

in central london

again.

pass me a bit of that brain-killing serum, sam. then i might just believe that shit


You really don't need to take anything action
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11183
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: In the news today

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:07 am

JLP wrote:A leader should try and keep their country safe. That is what Trump is saying his travel ban will do in so many words. But his country would-be much safer with sensible gun laws.


That's wrong. Nobody is going to be able to take guns away from the criminals therefore, the criminals will have guns and the honest, law abiding citizens will be completely helpless against them. Almost every single gun out there that is in the possession of a criminal was stolen or bought illegally. You can't trace that at all, in a heartbeat. And then of course, we have high level government selling guns or gun running to our enemy outside the USA... and inside the USA as well. Go figure!
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: In the news today

Postby WeeMann » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:24 am

Innuendoes wrote:
JLP wrote:A leader should try and keep their country safe. That is what Trump is saying his travel ban will do in so many words. But his country would-be much safer with sensible gun laws.


That's wrong. Nobody is going to be able to take guns away from the criminals therefore, the criminals will have guns and the honest, law abiding citizens will be completely helpless against them. Almost every single gun out there that is in the possession of a criminal was stolen or bought illegally. You can't trace that at all, in a heartbeat. And then of course, we have high level government selling guns or gun running to our enemy outside the USA... and inside the USA as well. Go figure!


You've used this flawed argument before, it doesn't hold water. All you have to do is look at other countries that have introduced strict gun laws and check the figures and you'll see that the evidence is there to prove it works.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.
 
WeeMann
Moderator
 
User avatar

 

Not even on the B list...

      
 
Posts: 6337
Images: 102
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Shropshire
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: In the news today

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:41 am

WeeMann wrote:
You've used this flawed argument before, it doesn't hold water. All you have to do is look at other countries that have introduced strict gun laws and check the figures and you'll see that the evidence is there to prove it works.


And I just bet all your criminals handed theirs over as well? Or was it that they never had them in the first place? You always come off as you are right, every time, and I am wrong, all the time. You don't really know what we deal with here because you don't live here and see and feel the difference. If you come here, it's for a very short while and in the best of neighborhoods. You won't see or hear what we deal with on a daily basis.
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: In the news today

Postby WeeMann » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:03 am

I have friends who have moved to America and American friends, all of whose opinions I value. Not one of them agrees with your views. But that's not relevant here.

My point is that the only way to reduce gun crime is to change your gun laws. Australia have proved, in recent years, that it works:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 80671.html

I'm off out to work now, so don't have time to search for figures to back up my argument, but the proof is out there for anyone with a computer to go searching for.

I keep hearing the argument that your right to bear arms is based on the fact that you want to be able to defend yourselves against the government should they decide to attack their own people.

Just remind me, how often has that happened?

We don't have the right to bear arms in the UK and, the last time I checked, our government (regardless of personal views on how any current government is performing at any given time) has very rarely given us cause for civil war. My history is shaky, so forgive me, but I think the last time it happened to us was about 100 years before the US was even founded.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.
 
WeeMann
Moderator
 
User avatar

 

Not even on the B list...

      
 
Posts: 6337
Images: 102
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Shropshire
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: In the news today

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 am

WeeMann wrote:I have friends who have moved to America and American friends, all of whose opinions I value. Not one of them agrees with your views. But that's not relevant here.

My point is that the only way to reduce gun crime is to change your gun laws. Australia have proved, in recent years, that it works:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 80671.html

I'm off out to work now, so don't have time to search for figures to back up my argument, but the proof is out there for anyone with a computer to go searching for.

I keep hearing the argument that your right to bear arms is based on the fact that you want to be able to defend yourselves against the government should they decide to attack their own people.

Just remind me, how often has that happened?

We don't have the right to bear arms in the UK and, the last time I checked, our government (regardless of personal views on how any current government is performing at any given time) has very rarely given us cause for civil war. My history is shaky, so forgive me, but I think the last time it happened to us was about 100 years before the US was even founded.


UN forces are already here.
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: In the news today

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:15 am

And Antifa? What about them? November 4th is the day they say they are taking the country. Anyone they even suspect of being right wing, or having voted Republican among many other things, are to be taken over. People killed, homes invaded, belongings taken, etc. Read their pages to find out. I haven't even had time to read a fourth of it and it's terrifying. And they have been proven, now, to have had their training by ISIS and al Qaeda members overseas. Fascists!
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: In the news today

Postby JLP » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:49 am

Innuendoes wrote:
WeeMann wrote:
You've used this flawed argument before, it doesn't hold water. All you have to do is look at other countries that have introduced strict gun laws and check the figures and you'll see that the evidence is there to prove it works.


And I just bet all your criminals handed theirs over as well? Or was it that they never had them in the first place? You always come off as you are right, every time, and I am wrong, all the time. You don't really know what we deal with here because you don't live here and see and feel the difference. If you come here, it's for a very short while and in the best of neighborhoods. You won't see or hear what we deal with on a daily basis.



Your country is just about the last place I would ever want to visit. Bear in mind if guns were not so readily available, the criminals, and we all know who they are, would not have such easy access to them.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11183
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: In the news today

Postby JLP » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:30 am

Innuendoes wrote:
WeeMann wrote:
You've used this flawed argument before, it doesn't hold water. All you have to do is look at other countries that have introduced strict gun laws and check the figures and you'll see that the evidence is there to prove it works.


And I just bet all your criminals handed theirs over as well? Or was it that they never had them in the first place? You always come off as you are right, every time, and I am wrong, all the time. You don't really know what we deal with here because you don't live here and see and feel the difference. If you come here, it's for a very short while and in the best of neighborhoods. You won't see or hear what we deal with on a daily basis.


What do you mean by we? I was going to ask about the not best neighborhoods but we already know about them. :shock:

As for the civil war, more far right conspiracy bullshit. Still as long as it comes from the supremacist alt right, it must be true.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11183
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: In the news today

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:48 am

You're hopeless. The information about Antifa comes FROM Antifa! :roll:
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: In the news today

Postby JLP » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:53 am

Innuendoes wrote:You're hopeless. The information about Antifa comes FROM Antifa! :roll:



Spread by right wing nutters. Tell you what, if what you say is going to happen on Saturday happens, I will admit I was wrong. If it doesn't, will you admit you were wrong?
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11183
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: In the news today

Postby Roger » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:36 am

Complaining about ‘antifa’ sounds vague enough for it to maybe be reasonable.

It’s worth reminding everyone that ‘antifa’ is short for ‘anti-fascism’.

You’re LITERALLY complaining about anti-fascism.

(No, it’s not the same as shortening nationalism and socialism)
 
Roger
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 33 times

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests