In the news today

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Roger wrote:
I imagine it's lovely to be able to dismiss people like that as lefties or mummy's boys or not proper men or whatever.

At least I now know for definite that none of this is about debating things maturely for you - more about making silly digs and trying to prove pathetic points. I did not think you were like this.

Don't you think you are being a little childish? Sure, disagree with me, fella; make racist and sexist accusations until you are blue in the face; be as arrogant and as patronising in your replies as much as you wish; but can you not just leave things alone once they have been discussed? Is that not what causes much of the shit on here? I honestly thought you were beyond such baiting and nonsense.

Still, if this sort of behaviour at your age makes you feel better in yourself, then you carry on, lad.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Roger wrote:The guy who threw the first punch works for Rees-Mogg.

So now, based on musicalprostitute's definition, Jacob Rees-Mogg is a leftie.

Maybe its a good thing we're leaving the EU. Driving in Italy is scary enough without the possibility that a musical prostitute might be sharing the road with me, not knowing his left from his right.

Please just grow up. Your constant whining and digging - with added bullshit - just gets so boring.

Just to reiterate what I actually said again (yawn): I stated that to use violence to stop free speech is a leftie trait; how on earth this makes Mogg a leftie in your eyes I do not know.

And you are a true leftie. Well, you certainly have leftie traits. All the accusations and all the baiting, combined with misinformation and forever repeating yourself about the same things on and on and on...yup, a leftie for sure. I did rethink my opinion of you some weeks back, but this has proven beyond doubt what you are. But, each to their own (I know that is hard for someone like you to swallow...but there you go).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:15 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Can you cure musical prostate that easily, I wonder? ;-)

Very good.

Twat. :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:22 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
fairydandy wrote:

Very good.

Twat. :P

:P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:35 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Roger wrote:
I imagine it's lovely to be able to dismiss people like that as lefties or mummy's boys or not proper men or whatever.

At least I now know for definite that none of this is about debating things maturely for you - more about making silly digs and trying to prove pathetic points. I did not think you were like this.

Don't you think you are being a little childish? Sure, disagree with me, fella; make racist and sexist accusations until you are blue in the face; be as arrogant and as patronising in your replies as much as you wish; but can you not just leave things alone once they have been discussed? Is that not what causes much of the shit on here? I honestly thought you were beyond such baiting and nonsense.

Still, if this sort of behaviour at your age makes you feel better in yourself, then you carry on, lad.

You need to realise that when you insult and attack people, even if they’re not here to defend themselves, others will. You can dismiss that as childish if you like. I’m sure throughout history those who have defended others against prejudices, insults and attacks have been accused of far worse than being childish.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:44 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Please just grow up. Your constant whining and digging - with added bullshit - just gets so boring.

Just to reiterate what I actually said again (yawn): I stated that to use violence to stop free speech is a leftie trait; how on earth this makes Mogg a leftie in your eyes I do not know.

The photos that I provided show that the violence was started by one of Rees-Mogg’s team.

I didn’t say that this makes him a leftie in my eyes. I know the difference between left wing and right wing because I was paying attention in school when I was around 11. You however said this:

musicalprostitute wrote:And if the tories you mention used violence to prevent free speech then I see them as having leftie traits (it matters not to me, mate).

musicalprostitute wrote:And you are a true leftie. Well, you certainly have leftie traits. All the accusations and all the baiting, combined with misinformation and forever repeating yourself about the same things on and on and on...yup, a leftie for sure. I did rethink my opinion of you some weeks back, but this has proven beyond doubt what you are. But, each to their own (I know that is hard for someone like you to swallow...but there you go).

You’ve become so attached to your strange definition of the left-wing that I understand it would take a huge step-down to accept that you’re using the wrong words, but continuing this silliness is a sunken cost fallacy. It’s reached a point where I don’t even know what you’re accusing me of, because when you use the word ‘leftie’ it really is completely meaningless; like a 5 year old calling another 5 year old ‘gay’ as a generic insult.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:48 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Roger wrote:Apparently you can cure it by eating broccoli :roll:

Some sort of joke about a pain in the arse.

Or, if you’re feeling slightly more cerebral, something about situs inversus and/or dextrocardia.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:57 pm

The man who threw the first punch, towards a girl, has been identified in numerous media outlets but I’ve picked this one because if he truly is the leftie that musicalprostitute says he is, I’m sure this publication would say so:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... afety.html

Needless to say, it doesn’t, although it tries to paint him as a hero rather than as someone who punched a girl.

Then there’s this:

Yikes.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Well, you certainly have leftie traits. All the accusations and all the baiting, combined with misinformation and forever repeating yourself about the same things on and on and on

Those are traits I've seen at least just as much among right-wingers as among left-wingers. I always thought being "left-wing" or "right-wing" was about your political philosophy, not any personal traits....

It's kinda starting to sound like how some people throw around the word "fascist". It's almost lost its meaning, now it just basically means "those people I don't like."

Or the rather annoying ultra-super-conservative woman who I've had a bit of a battle with on another site....according to her, anyone she doesn't like, and is even slightly to the left of her, is an "alt-left lunatic" or something. (and I'm not sure what "alt-left" means either)

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:39 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
Well, you certainly have leftie traits. All the accusations and all the baiting, combined with misinformation and forever repeating yourself about the same things on and on and on

Those are traits I've seen at least just as much among right-wingers as among left-wingers. I always thought being "left-wing" or "right-wing" was about your political philosophy, not any personal traits....

It's kinda starting to sound like how some people throw around the word "fascist". It's almost lost its meaning, now it just basically means "those people I don't like."

Or the rather annoying ultra-super-conservative woman who I've had a bit of a battle with on another site....according to her, anyone she doesn't like, and is even slightly to the left of her, is an "alt-left lunatic" or something. (and I'm not sure what "alt-left" means either)

Exactly.

I think that in this case it’s possible that as both ‘left’ and ‘wrong’ are antonyms of ‘right’, musicalprostitute uses the words as if they’re synonyms of each other. Think I’m being facetious? Pick any of his strange accusations and replace ‘leftie’ with ‘wrong’, and all of a sudden they actually makes logical sense, even if you disagree with some of the sentiments.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:57 pm

In more positive news, the Berlin Wall stood for 10316 days, and today it has been 10316 since it fell.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 94791.html

We’re lucky to have lived in a time when Europe was united, and when walls were being torn down, not built.

phpBB [video]

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:05 am

Roger wrote:In more positive news, the Berlin Wall stood for 10316 days, and today it has been 10316 since it fell.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 94791.html

We’re lucky to have lived in a time when Europe was united, and when walls were being torn down, not built.

phpBB [video]

When it's put like that, it's incredible. I remember being glued to the TV watching it fall because I was home from school. One of the history making times that I watched happen.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:20 am

Roger wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

You need to realise that when you insult and attack people, even if they’re not here to defend themselves, others will. You can dismiss that as childish if you like. I’m sure throughout history those who have defended others against prejudices, insults and attacks have been accused of far worse than being childish.

Oh, you are such a hero. Get a grip, boy.

And I will stand by my attacks on terrorists, homophobes, fox hunters, middle class mummy's boys with leftie traits.

Carry on with your little mission...but try and grow up in the meantime - there's a good lad.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:28 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-42253251#

One of the first proper news stories I truly remember.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby icy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:31 am

JLP wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-42253251#

One of the first proper news stories I truly remember.

:shock:
Small world. That article gave me goosebumps, because I come from the very east coast of Canada which was known for fishing. It was a way of life. My father did was a fisherman until the early 80s, until his boat capsized. He was fort to make it, along with the other crew. Others weren't so fortunate. It was just in the last few months I found out the name of the boat my dad was on when it capsized. I won't say it here, but what a small world. I'm actually teary reading about that article. It takes a brave man to be a fisherman, but that goes for the families too.
Thanks for sharing the article, I'm going to show it to my father later today, I think it will be interesting for him.
( Sorry for babbling. )
Last edited by icy on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions