What happens if we 100% legalise drugs?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: What happens if we 100% legalise drugs?

Postby Zappanalé » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:35 pm

I think it's better to say they could potentially lose their business. It depends on the framework in which the stuff is allowed to be sold and distributed. Even if there's a generally legal supply, there could easily be a black market to an extent.

Zappanalé
We Will Rock You

Postby P.T » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:29 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Yeh, I heard about the proposed idea in Amsterdam with regards to stopping tourists from buying it - so they are not introducing it now? As you quite rightly say, it does 'say everything'.

My best friend lived in Amsterdam for a few years and he absolutely loved it. Not just the smoking element, I may add, but just the more laidback, friendly way of life over there. He used to pop in for a coffee with a couple of the red light 'ladies' over there - so you could say he got to know them pretty well! ;) He also told me how many beautiful places there are to visit over there. I really must go one day. But for now I will have to do with Cardiff and Essex (wahey!).

I know what you mean with reference to procuring it. It is a bit of a bitch until you find someone you can truly trust to supply - never forget when I first moved down to cardiff few years back, the people I bought from must of known I was quite new to it because, looking back with a more knowledgeable eye now, they sold me an ounce of absolute floor dust (complete damp stemmy dregs!). They were the days.... :lol:

They decided to make the local mayors of each town decide on their own. 1.5 million "drug tourists" a year has convinced the mayor of Amsterdam to allow anyone and everyone to buy it.

Dutch people are awesome, half my mates are Dutch, I find them so accommodating and hospitable and kind, but also very much to the point. If something's bullshit, they will say "This is bullshit". And I like that blatant honesty.

Oh it was like that when I worked abroad. We bought it off the black guys on the street, this one time we got something that was so utterly awesome it's hard to describe, but what we got the next week was so crap, we were getting higher off the tobacco than the weed, it was shit. I'm going to have to go back to Holland now :mrgreen:

P.T
The Show Must Go On

Postby P.T » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Zappanalé wrote:I think it's better to say they could potentially lose their business. It depends on the framework in which the stuff is allowed to be sold and distributed. Even if there's a generally legal supply, there could easily be a black market to an extent.

It will all depend on the strictness of the laws enforced and the prices. The prices are reasonable enough in Holland that you'd go to a properly licensed shop to buy it, there's no reason for you to buy it on the streets. If the government charge £40 a gram or something ridiculous here then the idea wouldn't take off. Needs to be cheap and good quality.

P.T
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:48 pm

FreddiesWhiteDove wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Yeh, I heard about the proposed idea in Amsterdam with regards to stopping tourists from buying it - so they are not introducing it now? As you quite rightly say, it does 'say everything'.

My best friend lived in Amsterdam for a few years and he absolutely loved it. Not just the smoking element, I may add, but just the more laidback, friendly way of life over there. He used to pop in for a coffee with a couple of the red light 'ladies' over there - so you could say he got to know them pretty well! ;) He also told me how many beautiful places there are to visit over there. I really must go one day. But for now I will have to do with Cardiff and Essex (wahey!).

I know what you mean with reference to procuring it. It is a bit of a bitch until you find someone you can truly trust to supply - never forget when I first moved down to cardiff few years back, the people I bought from must of known I was quite new to it because, looking back with a more knowledgeable eye now, they sold me an ounce of absolute floor dust (complete damp stemmy dregs!). They were the days.... :lol:

They decided to make the local mayors of each town decide on their own. 1.5 million "drug tourists" a year has convinced the mayor of Amsterdam to allow anyone and everyone to buy it.

Dutch people are awesome, half my mates are Dutch, I find them so accommodating and hospitable and kind, but also very much to the point. If something's bullshit, they will say "This is bullshit". And I like that blatant honesty.

Oh it was like that when I worked abroad. We bought it off the black guys on the street, this one time we got something that was so utterly awesome it's hard to describe, but what we got the next week was so crap, we were getting higher off the tobacco than the weed, it was shit. I'm going to have to go back to Holland now :mrgreen:

Yes, I've heard nothing but praise for the dutch people and their general attitude to life. I know what you mean with regards to the straight talking as well - I am exactly the same (I will definately have to visit the place one of these days).

Honest to God, I would rather sit in some little cafe in Amsterdam with some good bud, some good, intelligent conversation, and more than your fair share of laughs than I would in some nightclub with all the 'pretty people' and their shallow shite. I find most pubs soooooooooooo boring now - unless it's one of those live music places or a decent comedy spot gig. The amount of time I wasted in my youth having vacuous 'conversations' with predictable dimwits over some shitty 'boom boom' beat in some crappy Essex nightclub I cannot count - I do not miss those days at all! Just give me a bottle of wine and a couple of j's with the right open-minded, free-thinking souls and I am as happy as a sand boy (God, I am sounding old!) :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Elessar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:22 am

Colorado and Washington appear to have legalised marijuana.

Elessar

Postby bigV » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Elessar wrote:Colorado and Washington appear to have legalised marijuana.

Soon - nationwide! :lol:

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby Elessar » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Elessar

Postby Elessar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Elessar

Postby P.T » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:37 pm

The top one looks like one of those face transplant patients mixed with the guy in Robocop who crashes into the vat of acid.

P.T
The Show Must Go On

Postby Elessar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:38 pm

FreddiesWhiteDove wrote:

The top one looks like one of those face transplant patients mixed with the guy in Robocop who crashes into the vat of acid.

I saw the thumbnail of the top one before I clicked the link and I assumed it WAS a face transplant!

Elessar

Postby FreddiesShootingStar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Portugal Decriminalized All Drugs Eleven Years Ago And The Results Are Staggering

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/portugal ... z2MDwh24sy
*LOASA's Most Obsessed Mercurian 2010/Co-winner 2011/2012*

FreddiesShootingStar
Don't Stop Me Now

*Guaranteed to blow your mind!!*

Previous

Return to Views Of The World