In the news today (North American version)

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby JLP » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
JLP wrote:Come on, an organisation called Conservative Daily News, it is obvious what the slant will be. Just like the inane drivel from Occupy Democrats.

The material on the website is directly copied from Wikileaks. Or maybe you should have a look at Wikileaks, itself.

No thanks as I don't trust their impartiality.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:11 pm

JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
JLP wrote:Come on, an organisation called Conservative Daily News, it is obvious what the slant will be. Just like the inane drivel from Occupy Democrats.

The material on the website is directly copied from Wikileaks. Or maybe you should have a look at Wikileaks, itself.

No thanks as I don't trust their impartiality.

Truth is the truth, no matter how painful to read.

I think we all need to read what Vault 0 from the Wikileaks site says and wait for the next one. It's all stuff I have been saying for years. All the Xbox Live with streaming capabilities, right from your living rooms, webcams, "smart" TVs, computers in cars, all of it. Spyware!

Such as is included in this. And there is a massive amount released compared to what I am posting, below.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/files ... SECRET.pdf

Key Highlights from the Vault 7 release so far:

"Year Zero" introduces the scope and direction of the CIA's global covert hacking program, its malware arsenal and dozens of "zero day" weaponized exploits against a wide range of U.S. and European company products, include Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and Microsoft's Windows and even Samsung TVs, which are turned into covert microphones.

Wikileaks claims that the CIA lost control of the majority of its hacking arsenal including malware, viruses, trojans, weaponized "zero day" exploits, malware remote control systems and associated documentation. This extraordinary collection, which amounts to more than several hundred million lines of code, gives its possessor the entire hacking capacity of the CIA. The archive appears to have been circulated among former U.S. government hackers and contractors in an unauthorized manner, one of whom has provided WikiLeaks with portions of the archive.
By the end of 2016, the CIA's hacking division, which formally falls under the agency's Center for Cyber Intelligence (CCI), had over 5000 registered users and had produced more than a thousand hacking systems, trojans, viruses, and other "weaponized" malware. Such is the scale of the CIA's undertaking that by 2016, its hackers had utilized more code than that used to run Facebook.

The CIA had created, in effect, its "own NSA" with even less accountability and without publicly answering the question as to whether such a massive budgetary spend on duplicating the capacities of a rival agency could be justified.

Once a single cyber 'weapon' is 'loose' it can spread around the world in seconds, to be used by rival states, cyber mafia and teenage hackers alike.

Snowden 2.0?

In a statement to WikiLeaks the source details policy questions that they say urgently need to be debated in public, including whether the CIA's hacking capabilities exceed its mandated powers and the problem of public oversight of the agency. The source wishes to initiate a public debate about the security, creation, use, proliferation and democratic control of cyberweapons.

CIA targets iPhones, Androids, smart TVs:

CIA malware and hacking tools are built by EDG (Engineering Development Group), a software development group within CCI (Center for Cyber Intelligence), a department belonging to the CIA's DDI (Directorate for Digital Innovation). The DDI is one of the five major directorates of the CIA (see this organizational chart of the CIA for more details).

The increasing sophistication of surveillance techniques has drawn comparisons with George Orwell's 1984, but "Weeping Angel", developed by the CIA's Embedded Devices Branch (EDB), which infests smart TVs, transforming them into covert microphones, is surely its most emblematic realization.
Also cars, suggesting that the CIA may have a role in the death of Michael Hastings:

As of October 2014 the CIA was also looking at infecting the vehicle control systems used by modern cars and trucks.
The purpose of such control is not specified, but it would permit the CIA to engage in nearly undetectable assassinations.

And computers:

The CIA also runs a very substantial effort to infect and control Microsoft Windows users with its malware. This includes multiple local and remote weaponized "zero days", air gap jumping viruses such as "Hammer Drill" which infects software distributed on CD/DVDs, infectors for removable media such as USBs, systems to hide data in images or in covert disk areas ( "Brutal Kangaroo") and to keep its malware infestations going.
Hoarding of Zero Day exploits:

In the wake of Edward Snowden's leaks about the NSA, the U.S. technology industry secured a commitment from the Obama administration that the executive would disclose on an ongoing basis — rather than hoard — serious vulnerabilities, exploits, bugs or "zero days" to Apple, Google, Microsoft, and other US-based manufacturers.
Serious vulnerabilities not disclosed to the manufacturers places huge swathes of the population and critical infrastructure at risk to foreign intelligence or cyber criminals who independently discover or hear rumors of the vulnerability. If the CIA can discover such vulnerabilities so can others.
Proliferation of leaked/hacked Cyberwar programs:

While nuclear proliferation has been restrained by the enormous costs and visible infrastructure involved in assembling enough fissile material to produce a critical nuclear mass, cyber 'weapons', once developed, are very hard to retain. Cyber 'weapons' are in fact just computer programs which can be pirated like any other. Since they are entirely comprised of information they can be copied quickly with no marginal cost.
Over the last three years the United States intelligence sector, which consists of government agencies such as the CIA and NSA and their contractors, such as Booze Allan Hamilton, has been subject to unprecedented series of data exfiltrations by its own workers.

Once a single cyber 'weapon' is 'loose' it can spread around the world in seconds, to be used by peer states, cyber mafia and teenage hackers alike.

The U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt is a covert CIA hacker base

In addition to its operations in Langley, Virginia the CIA also uses the U.S. consulate in Frankfurt as a covert base for its hackers covering Europe, the Middle East and Africa. CIA hackers operating out of the Frankfurt consulate ( "Center for Cyber Intelligence Europe" or CCIE) are given diplomatic ("black") passports and State Department cover.
The instructions for incoming CIA hackers make Germany's counter-intelligence efforts appear inconsequential: "Breeze through German Customs because you have your cover-for-action story down pat, and all they did was stamp your passport"
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:15 pm

I may still have some of the videos I shot of real time cyber attacks in progress back when the claims of Russia hacking the US was first being thrown around. I had 4 livestreams going with cyber attacks and noticed hardly a thing was coming from Russia. The majority of cyber attacks were going TO Russia, not from Russia and they were from the USA, South America and Indonesia, of all places.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby CNB » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:52 pm

OMG Inny, you're making my brain hurt!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:45 pm

The thing about hacked TVs theoretically spying on us is being widely reported. It's not surprising. I have a piece of paper taped over my computer's webcam because of similar concerns.

So who are we blaming for this Inny? Are we pinning this one on Obama, or Clinton?
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:48 pm

Elessar wrote:The thing about hacked TVs theoretically spying on us is being widely reported. It's not surprising. I have a piece of paper taped over my computer's webcam because of similar concerns.

So who are we blaming for this Inny? Are we pinning this one on Obama, or Clinton?

I suggest you read the page.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:49 pm

CNB wrote:OMG Inny, you're making my brain hurt!

:cheers:
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Elessar wrote:The thing about hacked TVs theoretically spying on us is being widely reported. It's not surprising. I have a piece of paper taped over my computer's webcam because of similar concerns.

I did (before you posted it). But it doesn't name any particular democrat. I'm sure you have a way of making it their fault though?
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Elessar wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:

I did (before you posted it). But it doesn't name any particular democrat. I'm sure you have a way of making it their fault though?

If you are referring to the Wikileaks 1st link I am pretty sure there is someone who did the naming. I didn't write the article. :roll:

There will be 7 data dumps, apparently. This is the 1st and most likely, the least damaging. There is a name mentioned, although it wasn't Assange who did the naming.

Remember about 3 weeks ago, I posted #vault7

Keep searching.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Elessar wrote:
...I'm sure you have a way of making it their fault though?

You must not presume that everyone on here works the same way you do, old boy.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:42 pm

This is not going to be pretty. WikiLeaks has released less than 1% of its #Vault7 series in its part one publication yesterday 'Year Zero'.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Innuendoes wrote:I may still have some of the videos I shot of real time cyber attacks in progress back when the claims of Russia hacking the US was first being thrown around. I had 4 livestreams going with cyber attacks and noticed hardly a thing was coming from Russia. The majority of cyber attacks were going TO Russia, not from Russia and they were from the USA, South America and Indonesia, of all places.

I don't quite get that. How do you even shoot a video of a cyber attack?

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:02 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:I may still have some of the videos I shot of real time cyber attacks in progress back when the claims of Russia hacking the US was first being thrown around. I had 4 livestreams going with cyber attacks and noticed hardly a thing was coming from Russia. The majority of cyber attacks were going TO Russia, not from Russia and they were from the USA, South America and Indonesia, of all places.

I don't quite get that. How do you even shoot a video of a cyber attack?

I use recording equipment to video livestreams, such as concerts, etc. But the reason I have it is because I video raptor nests for groups and doctors, environmentalists and biologists.

There are quite a few knowns sites that are broadcasting live streams of world-wide cyber attacks. Kaspersky is one of them, although not the best or a favorite, if I so happen to decide to see what's going on. I have another one that's name escapes me that was given to me by another moderator of a board/ustream chatroom I was moderating 2 or so years ago. That one was fantastic. I should have it in a file on one of the computers or one of my external drives. If I find that, later on, I'll load it and see if it's still up and running.

So I just boot the recorder, position the window and hit record. Very simple.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby CNB » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:05 pm

Well, on the stump Trump drooled that he LOVES Wikileaks! But he is livid if anyone is leaking on HIM !!!!!

It's disgusting!

Trump met with the Russian ambassador:

https://www.facebook.com/reverbpress/vi ... 561842399/
Last edited by CNB on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Now I get it.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World