In the news today (North American version)

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby Kes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Now don't get me wrong, Mr Sacko. I never said it was a weather balloon. I said I didn't know what the fuck it was, and as such, it could be ANYTHING you want it to be. It could be "bubble gum scented shower gel" in those tanks, if that's what you want it to be. Otherwise you're believing whatever some other scaremonger wants you to believe, instead of keeping an open mind.

If it's nerve gas and you're worried about it, websearch "nerve gas goat", and scare yourself some more. I'm sure someone on the internet sells atropine injections, NAPS tablets, NBC suits and S6 respirators somewhere. Personally, I think if it ever goes that far, I'd sooner take a good lung full and get it over with.

Btw. I was shown that video when I was 17, as part of my annual Ground Defence Training. It was designed to scare the shit out of you, so when someone shouted "gas", you wouldn't hang about going "Where?" like some soon to be dead comedy genius. Another part of that, was being made to stand in a small room full of CS gas. You go in wearing a respirator, you come out (hopefully), carrying the thing in your hands after getting a good face full of the stuff. NOT pleasant!
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:59 pm

The conspiracy theorists will go crazy when they find out that a compound very similar to nerve gas is part of most general anaesthetics (then again so are propofol and fentanyl, which took out Jackson and Prince respectively (ish)).

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Nerve gas comes in many forms. Tabun, Sarin. There's binary ones, where each component is relatively harmless, but mix them together, and just sit back and watch the party. People start dancing around like it's Friday night in an East-End club.

If you think that shit is bad, the biological and chemical weapons that some countries have in storage, are FAR worse. Blister agents, now they are particularly nasty.

This only tells half the story... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister_agent

Here's the other half... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_warfare

Funny how Frankie Goes To Hollywood never made an issue out of that shit, innit?
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby WeeMann » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 pm

Thanks to Trump, it's now easier for a dead elephant to enter America than a Muslim to do so.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:57 am

Trump delays new policy on importing elephant parts
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBF61TM
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby JLP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:39 am

Innuendoes wrote:Trump delays new policy on importing elephant parts
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBF61TM

As he should as I am sure an anti hunter person like you would agree.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Roger » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:35 am

So now Trump supporters who want to hunt lions will be glad that he tried to overturn the ban but was forced to do a u-turn because of snowflakes; and Trump supporters who are against hunting (unless it’s for deer) can praise him for maintaining the ban and ignore the fact that he tried to overturn it, and that the ban was originally put in place by that Kenyan Anti-Christ.

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:56 am

Roger wrote:So now Trump supporters who want to hunt lions will be glad that he tried to overturn the ban but was forced to do a u-turn because of snowflakes; and Trump supporters who are against hunting (unless it’s for deer) can praise him for maintaining the ban and ignore the fact that he tried to overturn it, and that the ban was originally put in place by that Kenyan Anti-Christ.

There's a huge difference between killing an endangered animal that isn't used for food, vs an animal that has overrun the country and is a danger to the human population. Driving from here to Des Moines and back, there were roughly 200 deer on the side of the road. At any second, one or more could have bolted, and they do every day.

This almost always causes the death of the deer, instantly, and on occasion, not. On those occasions, a police officer has to come out and shoot it. On many occasions, the passengers in the vehicles have to be taken to the hospital and in quite a few cases, they're killed because the deer crashes right through the windshield with an impact of around 120mph or more, right through the car and into the heads and shoulders of the passengers.

Spoiler! :
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:58 am

Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Roger » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:02 am

Hey, I don’t blame you.

I prefer The Lion King to Bambi as well!

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:58 am

Innuendoes wrote:
Roger wrote:So now Trump supporters who want to hunt lions will be glad that he tried to overturn the ban but was forced to do a u-turn because of snowflakes; and Trump supporters who are against hunting (unless it’s for deer) can praise him for maintaining the ban and ignore the fact that he tried to overturn it, and that the ban was originally put in place by that Kenyan Anti-Christ.

There's a huge difference between killing an endangered animal that isn't used for food, vs an animal that has overrun the country and is a danger to the human population. Driving from here to Des Moines and back, there were roughly 200 deer on the side of the road. At any second, one or more could have bolted, and they do every day.

This almost always causes the death of the deer, instantly, and on occasion, not. On those occasions, a police officer has to come out and shoot it. On many occasions, the passengers in the vehicles have to be taken to the hospital and in quite a few cases, they're killed because the deer crashes right through the windshield with an impact of around 120mph or more, right through the car and into the heads and shoulders of the passengers.

Spoiler! :

I reckon the deer were there before the humans.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:03 am

JLP wrote:
I reckon the deer were there before the humans.

With that type of opinion, that would mean, get rid of the humans and let the deer take over. :roll:

Well, well, well, seems the USA isn't the only country in the world to hunt deer, is it?

https://basc.org.uk/cop/deer-stalking/

In fact, I know for a FACT they're hunted in Canada, if not every country they exist. And I know they hunt Moose in Canada. Maybe some bitching at people who live in other countries is in order???
Last edited by Innuendoes on Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:05 am

<snip>“This is actually due to a review that started back in 2014, under the previous administration, done by career officials at the Fish and Wildlife Service,” Sanders said during a press conference. “This review established that both Zambia and Zimbabwe had met new standards, strict international conservation standards that allowed Americans to resume hunting in those countries.”<snip>

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/1 ... /23281384/
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Roger » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:20 pm

I don’t think anyone would be crazy enough to suggest that deer are only hunted in the USA!

But yes, deer were there before humans. Humans have no more right to be there than deer. Deer haven’t overrun the country; humans have.

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Roger wrote:I don’t think anyone would be crazy enough to suggest that deer are only hunted in the USA!

But yes, deer were there before humans. Humans have no more right to be there than deer. Deer haven’t overrun the country; humans have.

Are you sure they didn't cross the land bridge to this continent like the earliest inhabitants of America?
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World