In the news today (North American version)

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Roger wrote:There was me hoping that my very clear separation of the cloud seeding, which does take place, and chemtrails, which are a conspiracy theory invention, would pacify the anger you’re currently expressing.

In any case, serious questions should be asked of a poster who has clearly baited this thread with an aeroplane-related conspiracy theory, knowing it would likely spark a heated discussion between an aeroplane expert (not me) and a conspiracy theorist.

Anyone who questions anything is considered a conspiracy theorist, including things such as asking what additives are in foods, etc. That does not make them a nutcase. In fact, quite the reverse because people do have a right to ask what they are eating, breathing, coming in contact with, etc. That does not make anyone an idiot. It means they don't take everything at face value or believe everything they are told, like some people do... ahem
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby sacko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Roger wrote:
There was me hoping that my very clear separation of the cloud seeding, which does take place, and chemtrails, which are a conspiracy theory invention, would pacify the anger you’re currently expressing.

In any case, serious questions should be asked of a poster who has clearly baited this thread with an aeroplane-related conspiracy theory, knowing it would likely spark a heated discussion between an aeroplane expert (not me) and a conspiracy theorist.

you forgot the wise-ass alt account

and i don't have a magic looking glass. you're paranoid if you think such a thing of me

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:10 pm

So basically what is being said is people can post anything they believe to be true on here and no one is allowed to question it if said poster considers it to be true.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby sacko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:12 pm

also, please quote the post of mine where i offered a conspiracy theory. i didnt take the third photo nor did i wrote the additional comments on that pic.

i only asked what we're looking at. having an aeroplane expert on here, i thought maybe i could an explanation. but if anything, the answer creeped me out even further.

there were then additional discussions going back and forth between roger and Kes on chamical reactions and pressure conditions in the air, which was interesting, but it didnt explain the pictures.

if that is trolling, then you're deluded

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:12 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Roger wrote:There was me hoping that my very clear separation of the cloud seeding, which does take place, and chemtrails, which are a conspiracy theory invention, would pacify the anger you’re currently expressing.

Anyone who questions anything is considered a conspiracy theorist, including things such as asking what additives are in foods, etc. That does not make them a nutcase. In fact, quite the reverse because people do have a right to ask what they are eating, breathing, coming in contact with, etc. That does not make anyone an idiot. It means they don't take everything at face value or believe everything they are told, like some people do... ahem

Of course! It’s very sensible to question pretty much everything.
But part of that process should be to interpret the evidence correctly. If a plausible, rational, sensible answer is given, it should be taken as just that. Yes, it should be challenged and scrutinised, but not dismissed as ‘new world order propaganda’.

Examples of this:
1) Yes, we did land on the moon
2) No, vaccines do not cause autism
3) Yes, global warming is a man-made problem
4) Yes, JFK was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald
5) No, Hillary Clinton doesn’t run a cannibalistic, satanic paedophile ring in a pizza restaurant
6) No, 9/11 wasn’t an inside job
7) Yes, the Holocaust did happen
8) Yes, Obama was born in the USA
9) No, he’s not a Muslim
10) Yes, Paul McCartney is still alive

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby sacko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:13 pm

JLP wrote:So basically what is being said is people can post anything they believe to be true on here and no one is allowed to question it if said poster considers it to be true.

i have posted pictures and i asked what it was, since we have an aeroplane expert on here.

i havent said anything regarding my beliefs. on the contrary is ASKED of other people's opinions. that's quite the opposite of not allowing other people's opinion

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 pm

sacko wrote:also, please quote the post of mine where i offered a conspiracy theory. i didnt take the third photo nor did i wrote the additional comments on that pic.

i only asked what we're looking at. having an aeroplane expert on here, i thought maybe i could an explanation. but if anything, the answer creeped me out even further.

there were then additional discussions going back and forth between roger and Kes on chamical reactions and pressure conditions in the air, which was interesting, but it didnt explain the pictures.

If you post a photo with the word ‘Chemtrails’ and ask what’s going on, it’s very reasonable for the response to make reference to conspiracy theories.

The hysterical reaction to that was anything but reasonable, and included calling me a “sadistic ^%& *( ! &*%#$”, which certainly doesn’t look very pleasant.

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:18 pm

sacko wrote:
JLP wrote:So basically what is being said is people can post anything they believe to be true on here and no one is allowed to question it if said poster considers it to be true.

i have posted pictures and i asked what it was, since we have an aeroplane expert on here.

i havent said anything regarding my beliefs. on the contrary is ASKED of other people's opinions. that's quite the opposite of not allowing other people's opinion

I gave my opinion and you called it an attack.

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby sacko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Roger wrote:
sacko wrote:

you ridiculed our mathematic capabilities, completely out of nowhere. that's an incredibly stupid thing to say

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby sacko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Roger wrote:
sacko wrote:also, please quote the post of mine where i offered a conspiracy theory. i didnt take the third photo nor did i wrote the additional comments on that pic.

If you post a photo with the word ‘Chemtrails’ and ask what’s going on, it’s very reasonable for the response to make reference to conspiracy theories.

The hysterical reaction to that was anything but reasonable, and included calling me a “sadistic ^%& *( ! &*%#$”, which certainly doesn’t look very pleasant.

i asked what do you think of the photos. not "what do you think of the word chemtrails".

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby sacko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 pm

also, Kes. sorry to have dragged you into this childish discussion. not the intention. your remarks are very appreciated!

feel free to neglect all this childish bickering.

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 pm

sacko wrote:
Roger wrote:
sacko wrote:i have posted pictures and i asked what it was, since we have an aeroplane expert on here.

you ridiculed our mathematic capabilities, completely out of nowhere. that's an incredibly stupid thing to say

I didn’t say anything about your mathematic capabilities. I said it was hard at school. Perhaps you disagree and found it easy. If so, good for you.

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:30 pm

sacko wrote:thanks for the above explanations, but allow me to suspect something more sinister.

can someone tell me what we're looking at, here?

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby sacko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:56 pm

Roger wrote:
sacko wrote:thanks for the above explanations, but allow me to suspect something more sinister.

can someone tell me what we're looking at, here?

"can someone tell me what we're looking at"

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby sacko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Roger wrote:I didn’t say anything about your mathematic capabilities. I said it was hard at school. Perhaps you disagree and found it easy. If so, good for you.

actually, i found mathematics to be a drag and i sucked at it.

"but", in the words of a wise man "I don't want some asshole critic to tell me that.'"

sacko
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World