In the news today (North American version)

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby Leigh Burne » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:17 am

He's got a point. If the guy had been a Muslim, Trump's reaction would've been infinitely more vitriolic. But unfortunately he was white.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 am

Leigh Burne wrote:He's got a point. If the guy had been a Muslim, Trump's reaction would've been infinitely more vitriolic. But unfortunately he was white.

Indeed. A Muslim commits an atrocity and Trump wants to stop them coming to America. People on here say Muslims are only going to America to kill people. Yet a white guy has a couple of dozen weapons, thousands of pounds of ammunition and explosives and people say that is his right. What a fucked up country.

Of course it is claimed that he got the weapons illegally. Because someone can identify an illegal weapon from a video.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby JLP » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:26 am

What did the twat actually say about this atrocity?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:31 am

JLP wrote:
Leigh Burne wrote:He's got a point. If the guy had been a Muslim, Trump's reaction would've been infinitely more vitriolic. But unfortunately he was white.

Indeed. A Muslim commits an atrocity and Trump wants to stop them coming to America. People on here say Muslims are only going to America to kill people. Yet a white guy has a couple of dozen weapons, thousands of pounds of ammunition and explosives and people say that is his right. What a fucked up country.

Of course it is claimed that he got the weapons illegally. Because someone can identify an illegal weapon from a video.

No one said the only reason Muslims want to come here is to kill people and no one even saw the guns so how could they identify them on sight? And since you're not familiar with weapons, I can see why you don't recognize the sound of a fully automatic rifle being fired, vs a semi-automatic. The fully automatic will just keep firing in rapid succession until the magazine is empty. The semi-automatic has to have someone pull the trigger for each shot. That takes longer between shots.
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:35 am

Who said or is saying having those explosives is legal or that man's right?

Some people do have explosives, by the way. Ranchers in particular - they use or did use them to clear land.

As far as the amount of guns the shooter had, nobody needs that many guns - nobody.

There is still something very fishy about everything with this situation in my opinion.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:30 am

Last edited by action on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am

action wrote:

saying he was white, therefore not muslim, shows your ignorance

plenty of white muslims around

Boy that's the truth. What if that Filipino girlfriend or whatever she is, is Muslim? This shooter could have converted. :shock:
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby icy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:38 am

Innuendoes wrote:Who said or is saying having those explosives is legal or that man's right?

Some people do have explosives, by the way. Ranchers in particular - they use or did use them to clear land.

As far as the amount of guns the shooter had, nobody needs that many guns - nobody.

There is still something very fishy about everything with this situation in my opinion.

This is very hard for me to understand honestly. So many people killed and injured... horrible and heartbreaking as it can get.
How the hell did the sonofabitch get his hands on so much? To me, that's just as important as to the answers why he did it. The bastard killed himself, so there may never be answers.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:48 am

How'd that man shoot out of both of these windows at the same time?

http://www.businessinsider.com/las-vega ... ed-2017-10
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Roger » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:58 am

Only a matter of time before someone says they recognise one of the victims’ relatives from the footage of Sandy Hook and they’re all actors paid by Obama to take away people’s guns :roll:

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby Roger » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:23 pm

phpBB [video]

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:28 pm

There is an article from CNN that has pictures and info about the victims. I wish I could link to it, even though a very emotional read, those people led such great lives and deserve to be remembered.
Countless people affected by this. :cry:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Roger » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:13 pm

I’m watching some interviews with survivors and relatives. 59+ dead and 500+ injured.
And what’s happening here? We’ve got speculation that there’s “something fishy”. Speculation that the perpetrator converted to Islam. Blame a conspiracy. Blame the Muslims. Blame anything except your unhinged obsession with instruments designed to kill and injure. Laugh at people for not sharing in your obsession. These are real people with real lives and they are dead, and that to you is a price worth paying so that you can shoot deer and rebel against the British who pissed off 300 years ago.

Sort it the fuck out. Be a fucking human being and get on the right side of this appalling debate.

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:11 am

Roger wrote:I’m watching some interviews with survivors and relatives. 59+ dead and 500+ injured.
And what’s happening here? We’ve got speculation that there’s “something fishy”. Speculation that the perpetrator converted to Islam. Blame a conspiracy. Blame the Muslims. Blame anything except your unhinged obsession with instruments designed to kill and injure. Laugh at people for not sharing in your obsession. These are real people with real lives and they are dead, and that to you is a price worth paying so that you can shoot deer and rebel against the British who pissed off 300 years ago.

Sort it the fuck out. Be a fucking human being and get on the right side of this appalling debate.

You do not control me. I'm out of this discussion because I don't have time for your bullshit!
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Roger » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:39 am

Innuendoes wrote:
Roger wrote:I’m watching some interviews with survivors and relatives. 59+ dead and 500+ injured.

You do not control me. I'm out of this discussion because I don't have time for your bullshit!

...and because it’s been revealed that the weapons used were not automatic but rather legal semi-automatics with legal bump stocks, so the 2+ people you said knew nothing are due an apology.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10 ... ould-have/

Awkward.

Just think about what you’re saying to other people about yourself when you oppose gun control. You’re saying that your right to have guns and use them for whatever purpose you choose is more important than the lives of those who died. Do you really have such a high opinion of yourself?

I hear Kim Jong Un might have nuclear bombs. Don’t worry though! Bombs don’t kill people; people kill people with bombs.

Roger
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World