In the news today (North American version)

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby icy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:33 pm

The Canadian National Anthem is now gender neutral.
It used be " In all thy sons command" but it is now "in all of us command".
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16280
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby CNB » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:44 pm

I have a question: Why did Devin Nunes and Fox Cable News use Carter Page as the person to scream about instead of Michael Flynn or Paul Manafort?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby Montavilla » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:03 pm

CNB wrote:I have a question: Why did Devin Nunes and Fox Cable News use Carter Page as the person to scream about instead of Michael Flynn or Paul Manafort?

As far as I understand it, Devin Nunes' memo is alleging that the FBI used the Steele Dossier to get a FISA warrant to wiretap Carter Page's phone calls. And, because the Steele Dossier was funded (in part) by Democratic Campaign money, it was a biased report and therefore tainted. I don't think they can say that about whatever method the FBI used to investigate Flynn or Manafort. Or, maybe the Flynn and Manafort stuff was based on what they learned from Carter Page -- and Nunes is hoping that the whole Russian-Trump investigation goes down like a house of cards.

There might be a legitimate question about using political opposition research in applying for FISA warrant. Research that Nunes claims was given to Buzzfeed by Michael Steele. That application is supposed to be very difficult, because it's allowing the FBI to move from spying on foreign people to spying on American citizens. We don't want that to be an easy process.

That said, this memo appears to be (in the words of Donald Trump, Jr.) a "nothing burger."
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy
 
Montavilla
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1983
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:06 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 504 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby CNB » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Trump has such a guilt complex about “something” that now he thinks (says) that nothingburger (I hate that stupid word) memo vindicates HIM!!!!!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:05 am

icy wrote:The Canadian National Anthem is now gender neutral.
It used be " In all thy sons command" but it is now "in all of us command".


Of course, "all thy sons" isn't really the original lyrics anyway since it was originally in French and the English lyrics are not a literal translation at all.
 
The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

      
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 211 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby icy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:22 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
icy wrote:The Canadian National Anthem is now gender neutral.
It used be " In all thy sons command" but it is now "in all of us command".


Of course, "all thy sons" isn't really the original lyrics anyway since it was originally in French and the English lyrics are not a literal translation at all.

True.
I'm actually conflicted about it being gender neutral now if I can be honest about it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16280
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:56 pm

What in the world is this Trump stooge up to:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/753262/de ... e-together
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:19 pm

icy wrote:
The__KingOfRhye wrote:
icy wrote:The Canadian National Anthem is now gender neutral.
It used be " In all thy sons command" but it is now "in all of us command".


Of course, "all thy sons" isn't really the original lyrics anyway since it was originally in French and the English lyrics are not a literal translation at all.

True.
I'm actually conflicted about it being gender neutral now if I can be honest about it.


A lot of my family on my mom's side is French-Canadian. My mom's told me stories about her mom having a few glasses of wine too many and singing O Canada in French with other relatives :lol:
 
The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

      
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 211 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:08 pm

YAY, Trump just took credit for the NFL players not taking a knee during the National Anthem at the super bowl yesterday. Will he also take credit for the Dow crashing last Friday and again today? Just dropped more than 1,000 points!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby icy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:43 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
A lot of my family on my mom's side is French-Canadian. My mom's told me stories about her mom having a few glasses of wine too many and singing O Canada in French with other relatives :lol:

I was 10 years old and I had to sing the French version with my school club. I was so bad singing it in French, I actually pretended to sing :lol:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16280
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby icy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:46 pm

CNB wrote:YAY, Trump just took credit for the NFL players not taking a knee during the National Anthem at the super bowl yesterday. Will he also take credit for the Dow crashing last Friday and again today? Just dropped more than 1,000 points!

Trump this, Trump that. Every. Day.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16280
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Trump has to be called out because he is a horrific liar. Today he lied to an audience in Cincinnati about how great the Republicans are because they “caught” the Dems in something nefarious when it is the other way around!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 pm

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:YAY, Trump just took credit for the NFL players not taking a knee during the National Anthem at the super bowl yesterday. Will he also take credit for the Dow crashing last Friday and again today? Just dropped more than 1,000 points!

Trump this, Trump that. Every. Day.


I lost £1000 today due to the Dow Jones collapse. This affects people.
 
Roger
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:30 pm

CNB wrote:YAY, Trump just took credit for the NFL players not taking a knee during the National Anthem at the super bowl yesterday. Will he also take credit for the Dow crashing last Friday and again today? Just dropped more than 1,000 points!


Well normally I’d say that daily rises and falls in the stock market doesn’t have much to do with the president. However Trump wanted credit for a record gain in January, so it’s only fair to give him credit for this record fall.
 
Roger
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: In the news today (North American version)

Postby icy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Roger wrote:
icy wrote:
CNB wrote:YAY, Trump just took credit for the NFL players not taking a knee during the National Anthem at the super bowl yesterday. Will he also take credit for the Dow crashing last Friday and again today? Just dropped more than 1,000 points!

Trump this, Trump that. Every. Day.


I lost £1000 today due to the Dow Jones collapse. This affects people.

Of course it affects people. But is the Dow crashing so much have so much to do with Trump? Markets rise and fall often after all.
( Sorry that you lost money. )
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16280
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests