Turkey in the EU

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Turkey in the EU

Postby bigV » Mon May 03, 2010 7:02 am

There is an ongoing debate in Bulgaria about Turkey's ambitions to join the European Union and I'm curious to see what are the attitudes in the rest of the Union. Your thoughts?

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Re: Turkey in the EU

Postby Wild/Wind » Mon May 03, 2010 3:09 pm

bigV wrote:There is an ongoing debate in Bulgaria about Turkey's ambitions to join the European Union and I'm curious to see what are the attitudes in the rest of the Union. Your thoughts?

V.

Turkey will have bigger benefit, if they are not join. Turkey geopolitical - strategical position gives her several ways of economic developent - trade with all the countries, not only Europe but also Russia and Middle East.

If Turkey be a member in EU, there is a danger in Balkan Region. Many mouslims will be under Turkey Protection and will immigrate to North Greece, Bulgaria, Skopje and Albania. In a way Ottoman Empire will be reborn... NATO has re- arranged the role of Turkey army in Aegean Sea and North Balkans....

Wild/Wind
Spread Your Wings

Re: Turkey in the EU

Postby LittleBabyNothing » Wed May 05, 2010 5:01 pm

It won't happen.

The EU promised Turkey they'd consider, if they were allowed to use Turkish airspace during the Iraq invasion.

Given their history with Human Rights, I don't think they're up to the standard!!!
“Why can’t I try on different lives, like dresses, to see which fits best and is more becoming?” - Sylvia Plath.

LittleBabyNothing
We Will Rock You

Return to Views Of The World