Dispatches : The Great Ticket Scandal

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Dispatches : The Great Ticket Scandal

Postby dragononmyback » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Just watching this on channel 4. Very Interesting. Not really surprised.

It explains exactly why people can't get tickets for in demand concerts etc, and how the re-sale sites seem to always have loads of tickets on sale within minutes.

According to the programme one secondary website got 29,000 tickets for Take That which never got on the primary ticket martket and only about 1/4 of all the tickets sold are actually from the general public.

They should shut these companies down asap.

Anybody else watching it?
Last edited by dragononmyback on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
No synthesisers were used in the production of this post.

dragononmyback
Spread Your Wings

Yay! A speech bubble

Re: Dispatches : The Great Ticket Scandal

Postby Simon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:49 pm

I think it's bad enough that private persons buy as many tickets for gigs with high demand and then sell them to double or more the price via ebay etc. It's disgusting.
In my opinion tickets should have a fixed price and it should be illegal to sell them to any other price than is printed on the ticket. You will always have scouts of course, but that would at least make it much harder for those people sitting on their fat asses, buying the tickets and selling them online.
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Dispatches : The Great Ticket Scandal

Postby dragononmyback » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:57 am

Simon wrote:I think it's bad enough that private persons buy as many tickets for gigs with high demand and then sell them to double or more the price via ebay etc. It's disgusting.
In my opinion tickets should have a fixed price and it should be illegal to sell them to any other price than is printed on the ticket. You will always have scouts of course, but that would at least make it much harder for those people sitting on their fat asses, buying the tickets and selling them online.

Indeed, the problem could be wiped out overnight if it was just made illegal to sell tickets for more than face value. or even face value + 10%. Doing that would still allow genuine people to sell tickets if it turns out they can't go to a gig, but would remove any serious cashing in as it simply would not be worth the effort.

It seems like a really simple solution but I think there might be too many people, making too much money out of it to see such a law put in place. It is basically good old fashioned touting on an industrial scale.
No synthesisers were used in the production of this post.

dragononmyback
Spread Your Wings

Yay! A speech bubble

Return to Views Of The World