Autism

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Autism

Postby Elessar » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:02 am

This is great:

I Don’t Vaccinate My Child Because It’s My Right To Decide What Eliminated Diseases Come Roaring Back
http://feed.hypervocal.com/frame/6080359

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:40 am

Elessar wrote:This is great:

I Don’t Vaccinate My Child Because It’s My Right To Decide What Eliminated Diseases Come Roaring Back

You would not believe what I have been seeing on the news sites. Holy shit, there are 1000s of parents not vaccinating their kids with the MMR vaccine and I have been seeing a lot of pediatricians interviewed, saying it's not safe to vaccinate. WTF! No wonder there has been a huge uproar over here about vaccinating children. Now we have a rather large measles outbreak in several parts of the country and some people are freaking out - others aren't.

As a side note, I had both types of measles and it never killed me. LOL. I had chicken pox and mumps, too. But parents of young children seem to be freaking out over here and some schools are saying they are possibly going to not allow kids to go to school until the parents PROVE the child has current vaccinations. That is not going over well with the parents. LOL

Innuendoes

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:33 am

Its not real. This is from the Onion. They are a parody news website.

AutumnGirlLybbie

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:40 am

I wish the media would get their s%#t together about one other thing concerning this. I remember back in the 80s my brother and sister having to get booster shot for measles vaccine because they said the ones given in the early 60s didn't take. Then a few years later they said that didn't take and they needed it again.
So I was watching the national news and the "medical expert" was asked if any adults needed to be worried or get a booster. She said no, as long as you got vaccinated at any point your good. Then the local news said that those who were born between 1957 and 1989 should look into it, they might need a booster. So which is it already?

AutumnGirlLybbie

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:42 am

Measles outbreak: California family wants schools to ban kids without vaccine

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/measles-out ... t-vaccine/

Innuendoes

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:43 am

Measles Can Kill, And It's Spreading. Sue Parents Who Didn't Vaccinate? Absolutely.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/ ... bsolutely/

Innuendoes

Postby julymorning » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:16 am

Innuendoes wrote:

You would not believe what I have been seeing on the news sites. Holy shit, there are 1000s of parents not vaccinating their kids with the MMR vaccine and I have been seeing a lot of pediatricians interviewed, saying it's not safe to vaccinate. WTF! No wonder there has been a huge uproar over here about vaccinating children. Now we have a rather large measles outbreak in several parts of the country and some people are freaking out - others aren't.

As a side note, I had both types of measles and it never killed me. LOL. I had chicken pox and mumps, too. But parents of young children seem to be freaking out over here and some schools are saying they are possibly going to not allow kids to go to school until the parents PROVE the child has current vaccinations. That is not going over well with the parents. LOL

I had all of those as well. Including chicken pox. Which eventually caused a Shingles outbreak on me. That felt like it was killing me, I can tell you that.

When my daughter was in public school from 1985-1992 it was already a requirement here in Missouri public schools. People I knew that didn't get their kids inoculated for religious reasons had quite a battle on their hands. Some ended up homeschooling. So did I, but for completely different reasons.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:25 am

I had to be re-vaccinated or whatever, a couple of years ago. Up here, the state was insisting that anyone who hadn't had the vaccine in X amount of years needed to get it and my doctor prescribed it while I was in the office for a routine visit, then the nurse just came right in and did it. I know that wouldn't make me autistic at my age but it also did nothing bad to me, either. It was certainly less painful than the flu shots I get.

Innuendoes

Postby julymorning » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:35 am

Quick clarification. I meant I ended up homeschooling for completely different reasons. My daughter had all her shots, including one for viral meningitis. I had to get a TB shot so I could volunteer at her Head Start class.
The only thing available when I was a kid was the polio vaccine. I ended up taking the oral vaccine and then later getting the shot. It seems like the boys that I knew had more problems because of vaccines not being available, than us girls did. Especially in later years.

I don't think we really know, even to this day, what causes so many of the childhood disorders. I do believe that they are actual disorders though, and not simply due to lack of discipline. I do believe diet has much to do with some of them, but more particularly the toxins in our environment too.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:45 am

julymorning wrote:Quick clarification. I meant I ended up homeschooling for completely different reasons. My daughter had all her shots, including one for viral meningitis. I had to get a TB shot so I could volunteer at her Head Start class.
The only thing available when I was a kid was the polio vaccine. I ended up taking the oral vaccine and then later getting the shot. It seems like the boys that I knew had more problems because of vaccines not being available, than us girls did. Especially in later years.

I don't think we really know, even to this day, what causes so many of the childhood disorders. I do believe that they are actual disorders though, and not simply due to lack of discipline. I do believe diet has much to do with some of them, but more particularly the toxins in our environment too.

Oh I really do agree on this latter part. My son was so out of control that I could barely go out in public with him. He embarrassed the heck out of me, punching other toddlers from his stroller, throwing objects at other kids and laughing like mad. I had heard of the Feingold diet and after looking into it, I dismissed it as BS. But he got worse and worse. Between his pediatrician and myself, I decided to try it as there was nothing to lose other than missing a lot of different foods we loved.

He was 4 by then and had been talking up a storm for years but no one could understand a thing he said. After having him on that diet for 2 days, we could understand everything he was saying and when the babysitter came to watch him and I left the house, instead of throwing massive tantrums and crying his eyes out at the windows, he was standing there smiling and waving bye to me. I could not believe what I was seeing nor could the babysitter and she was a caretaker for a hospital for developmentally disabled children. She was in as much shock at his improvements as I was. We were all happy! :)

Innuendoes

Postby Tarkus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:45 am

phpBB [video]

Tarkus

Postby Elessar » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:39 am

AutumnGirlLybbie wrote:

Its not real. This is from the Onion. They are a parody news website.

If I thought it was real (I mean, it IS real, it being a parody doesn't make it a figment of my imagination) do you think I'd have said it's 'great'?
Last edited by Elessar on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:41 am

I'm sensing a change in attitude on this board. I approve!

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:47 am

Innuendoes wrote:Measles outbreak: California family wants schools to ban kids without vaccine

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/measles-out ... t-vaccine/

The very young and the immunocompromised rely on other children being vaccinated to provide herd immunity. One healthy kid whose parents think they know better can put such kids at real risk. The idiot parents' kid will probably be fine of course, but may well infect other less healthy kids.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World