Iran... ooo... errrr

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Iran... ooo... errrr

Postby LittleBabyNothing » Tue May 18, 2010 3:40 pm

What's all this about now?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8690206.stm

"The deal was similar to one proposed by the West and its allies last year."

And now they're getting sanctioned for it?!

I think we're going to see a war with Iran pretty soon, I'm not so sure about who (apart from Israel and the US) will take part in it...
“Why can’t I try on different lives, like dresses, to see which fits best and is more becoming?” - Sylvia Plath.

LittleBabyNothing
We Will Rock You

Re: Iran... ooo... errrr

Postby LittleBabyNothing » Tue May 18, 2010 3:48 pm

I guess, while we're at it, we could open the full can of worms and investigate, why Israel feels threatened and whether or not they're to blame for feeling threatened. After all, they've not exactly played it nice down there in the last centuries.
“Why can’t I try on different lives, like dresses, to see which fits best and is more becoming?” - Sylvia Plath.

LittleBabyNothing
We Will Rock You

Postby Elessar » Tue May 18, 2010 3:50 pm

LittleBabyNothing wrote:I guess, while we're at it, we could open the full can of worms and investigate, why Israel feels threatened and whether or not they're to blame for feeling threatened. After all, they've not exactly played it nice down there in the last centuries.

Maybe they feel threatened by the possibility that soon people will realise that them kicking people out of their homes, bulldozing them to the ground and then building nice new apartments for their American immigrants isn't exactly fair.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby LittleBabyNothing » Tue May 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Elessar wrote:
LittleBabyNothing wrote:I guess, while we're at it, we could open the full can of worms and investigate, why Israel feels threatened and whether or not they're to blame for feeling threatened. After all, they've not exactly played it nice down there in the last centuries.

Maybe they feel threatened by the possibility that soon people will realise that them kicking people out of their homes, bulldozing them to the ground and then building nice new apartments for their American immigrants isn't exactly fair.

Hmmm... for some unknown reason, I don't think they have that sense of justice. They seem to have lost that after WWII.

LittleBabyNothing
We Will Rock You

Postby Elessar » Tue May 18, 2010 4:00 pm

LittleBabyNothing wrote:
Elessar wrote:

Hmmm... for some unknown reason, I don't think they have that sense of justice. They seem to have lost that after WWII.

I get that they lost a lot in the Holocaust. It was probably the worst thing ever to have happened in the history of mankind. But surely as a result, the survivors and their descendants should want to make sure that nothing like that ever happens again - not start repeating it on a daily basis!

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby LittleBabyNothing » Tue May 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Elessar wrote:Hmmm... for some unknown reason, I don't think they have that sense of justice. They seem to have lost that after WWII.

I get that they lost a lot in the Holocaust. It was probably the worst thing ever to have happened in the history of mankind. But surely as a result, the survivors and their descendants should want to make sure that nothing like that ever happens again - not start repeating it on a daily basis![/quote]

You know, I'm doing Jewish Studies at college and I love the language and the history, but one thing that always gets to me is how they've used the "Holocaust card" so many times over the last 60 years and got away with it! Staggering, really.

LittleBabyNothing
We Will Rock You

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue May 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Surely it's considerably more of an insult to everyone who died or lost family members in the holocaust, to be using their memory to try to justify unjust actions now. It's not at all fair that "using the holocaust card" has in any way dulled people's collective sense of horror for that period in history.
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Postby Elessar » Tue May 18, 2010 4:05 pm

LittleBabyNothing wrote:
Elessar wrote:
LittleBabyNothing wrote:Hmmm... for some unknown reason, I don't think they have that sense of justice. They seem to have lost that after WWII.

I get that they lost a lot in the Holocaust. It was probably the worst thing ever to have happened in the history of mankind. But surely as a result, the survivors and their descendants should want to make sure that nothing like that ever happens again - not start repeating it on a daily basis!

You know, I'm doing Jewish Studies at college and I love the language and the history, but one thing that always gets to me is how they've used the "Holocaust card" so many times over the last 60 years and got away with it! Staggering, really.

This guy talks sense.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Tue May 18, 2010 6:09 pm

LittleBabyNothing wrote:You know, I'm doing Jewish Studies at college and I love the language and the history, but one thing that always gets to me is how they've used the "Holocaust card" so many times over the last 60 years and got away with it! Staggering, really.

wow, anti-jewish hate speech on QOL :shock:
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby LittleBabyNothing » Tue May 18, 2010 6:43 pm

action wrote:
LittleBabyNothing wrote:You know, I'm doing Jewish Studies at college and I love the language and the history, but one thing that always gets to me is how they've used the "Holocaust card" so many times over the last 60 years and got away with it! Staggering, really.

Can somebody come up with something a bit more creative than "Fuck off, Twat"?!?!

LittleBabyNothing
We Will Rock You

Postby waynetrundley » Tue May 18, 2010 6:46 pm

amazing what a mess of the world religion makes jews and muslims hate each other but believe in the same God utterly beyond me . the world would be such an easier place to come compromise over serious issues without the spectre of religion raising its ugly head allthe time . :roll:

waynetrundley
Spread Your Wings

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue May 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Iran having a nuclear programme is now a religious issue?

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Tue May 18, 2010 8:14 pm

LittleBabyNothing wrote:
action wrote:

Can somebody come up with something a bit more creative than "Fuck off, Twat"?!?!

i just did
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby y2marmar » Tue May 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:Iran having a nuclear programme is now a religious issue?

Apparently? :shock: Shocked me as well
See me, feel me, touch me, heal me...

y2marmar
We Will Rock You

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue May 18, 2010 9:18 pm

y2marmar wrote:
Belle Leisha wrote:Iran having a nuclear programme is now a religious issue?

Apparently? :shock: Shocked me as well

I understand the connection, I'd just call it a huge leap of logic to think religion is to blame for Iran making a deal the US don't like.

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Next

Return to Views Of The World